SoS: The Mortal Coil (WIP)

I now am imagining Cupid chasing the demons from the Disney Hercules with a giant battleaxe.

I also find I prefer the staff.

Good luck on yours! I’m always looking for an excuse to procrastinate, you just give me a rather good one~

It doesn’t seem as if the rapier is good for anything yet, yes it describes it’s use and I did pick it according to my traits but so far it hasn’t seen much action… (Btw I am glad that you added the rapier, it’s always been my favorite weapon :slight_smile: )

@Lithophene
Well, there’s no divebombing, but I’m glad you like how it came out (I actually cut that route short; I’m trying to keep all the different options around the same word length).

And I think I’ve fixed all the italicizing issues (I keep forgetting that line breaks end the formatting even without the end tag) and removed that if.

No, Daniel doesn’t have a null aura–there are individuals whose aura’s/innate power mask other magic/auras but Daniel does not have that particular power set. Michael and co. are able to contact Gabriel but Gabriel essentially has them all on ignore. As an archangel Gabriel can shut down their connection to other angels, and Gabriel does not feel like dealing with Michael at the moment (or Israfel, but that’s not personal). Gabriel is trying to focus on the child at the moment. To keep Daniel hidden they use wards and charms… more of that will pop up after we meet Sabriel. Sabriel explains a lot of stuff to a lot of people.

@KuraiHeka
There will certainly be the opportunity to give Michael just cause to be upset with you.

I don’t think it’s a continuity error. You start on a roof, select your wings/weapon and the drop off the roof. Then you pause on another roof after Israfel contacts you and before you choose your battle approach–I think this is maybe the one line that you missed? Then you should drop off the roof after choosing your approach. (I could be mistaken though; it wouldn’t be the first continuity error I’ve made, but I was trying to be careful about this one. Most of my continuity errors stem from the fact that angels don’t just stay on the ground like normal people.)
And I should have fixed all the italic issues.

Hey… technically it’s not Gabriel’s fault… But there’s quiet a bit of crying child in that scene. Poor kid is a bit traumatized by the demons murdering his mother in front of him.

@FudsyWoiffles
I do like the rapier, but the issue with the rapier in this particular scene is that the rapier is primarily a dueling weapon. It isn’t as good in a large melee battle, but it will be better if you later want to challenge individuals to one-on-one fights.

And none of the weapons actually see any blood in this scene…

Thanks for the feedback on the weapons! Please continue to drop a note (especially those of you who have yet to tell me your preference) as to the development of weapons.

Thanks as well for the feedback on errors, like the italicizing and continuity and whatnot. In an effort to get these up faster I’m not spending quiet as much time proofreading so it really helps when you point out this stuff. That and my brain is at least partially fried right now. There’s an update with fixes for the aforementioned errors. (But nothing new, otherwise.)

4 Likes

I have a habit of playing sneaky, stealthy characters when I get the chance. Thus, my choice of a dagger. Others may laugh, but it is true that it doesn’t matter when the enemy doesn’t see me coming.

In other words: stealth dagger route is fun.

Stealth gauntlet is fun.

All the other angels are like: “Dude, your HANDS get this weird color!”

And Gabriel’s just like: “Nah, it’s le Cestus that gets bloody. Check yoself.”

1 Like

I love being an Archangel in this game, its incredible. My favourite especially is using the sword and shield; makes me think of a kind of Wonder Woman vibe when I’m crushin’ demons.

If I’m describing her ideal persona, my Gabriel’s going to be cold and somewhat distant and detached in personality, but also respectful to others, an incredible fighter and a born leader that everyone looks up to and respects despite her somewhat austere nature.

Yeah…that’s going to be good.

And also for some reason I can just picture her and Loki being deeply in love with each other but neither of them know they love the other because they have a hate/can-only-just-stand-you relationship. Probably not how it’s going to go down, but that’s just what I have in my head until you code otherwise.

I love all of this.

Um, I don’t really know how to quote but i’m sure someone will tell me.

Anyways, my Gabriel uses the morning star, because he/she (Gabriel both) idolizes Lucifer. But still tries to be merciful despite the dangerous weapon.

I really love this wip, its got to be one of my favorites.
I usually just lurk around on the forums liking posts but i really just wanted to say how much i enjoy your writing it really pulls me into the story and i really like the character interactions so far, i can see my Gabriel’s all being very protective of Daniel already.
I have 3 main Gabriel’s so far(more due to the fact i can only save 3).

1st is Male, Gold wings and uses the double bladed battle axe, i imagine him wanting the attention to be on him in during battle’s.(i chose the Battle axe due to the fact that i have a Angel oc that uses a large two handed battle axe, so when i play this route i shall picture my oc)

2nd is Female, Silver wings Gauntlets, she likes to get up close and personal, relaying on her wits and speed to get her out of trouble, i can see her being a bit of a lone wolf since she doesn’t want others to get her way

3rd is Male, Gray wings and uses the morning-star, he chose that for two reasons, 1. he admires Lucifer, 2. it allows him to keep a hand free to fight with his grace.

i did try out the other weapons(partly because i want to see the different interactions with Israfel((he’s my favorite character so far)), out of the other weapons i would pick a rapier.
sorry if this is a bit of a long somewhat rambling comment :slight_smile:

My first Gabriel is female, gold wings, rapier, initially known for the raw might of her grace (defensive focus). Paragade in spirit. :stuck_out_tongue:

I really liked how protective we are of, at the point in the demo, a random human child. Retribution came swift and with no mercy. :slight_smile:

You know, for a moment I thought you were talking about a Whip. As in, a whip as a weapon.

And now I really want my Gabriel to have a whip, Belmont style.

3 Likes

So, out of curiousity @Dae-kalina, will it ever be possible to… ‘evolve’ our angel blades further? I mostly ask this because I just tried out the staff and I was hoping to have the option to choose whether it was bladed or not. :cold_sweat: I kinda figure something like that will happen if our Gabriel happens to Fall.

Okay, so this is about the fifth time I’ve played through this demo. I think I might have an unhealthy obsession with it. <;(°∆°);>

2 Likes

Only five? I think most of us are somewhere between 20-30 (i’m only teasing of course, I have no idea how much others have read this)

4 Likes

@Lithophene
I swear, sometimes it’s like you lurk in my mind…

As part of the game, you can learn abilities and certain weapon/attack styles from other characters. And if you fall, there are several new weapons/weapon modifications available–at least that’s the plan right now. It’s only a handful of new/modified weapons, because I want to spend more time working on the depth of the story rather than writing each path for 14+ weapons or something like that

@FudsyWoiffles @Joey_Lai
I’m glad you two are enjoying replaying it so much. Just graduated so the next couple updates should be coming a little quicker now.

14 Likes

Not gonna lie - I just kinda laughed at the idea of being able to manifest your angel blade as a pair of pistols 'cause of your (future) experience as a police officer. That’d be a sight. Now there just needs to be a character to teach my Gabriel krav maga and I’ll be content! :joy:

Though on a more serious note, I figure the 'panthers would probably be the ones to teach some sort of martial arts fighting. Beyond the more traditional fighting styles that… Well, actually, now I have a question. We know that our Gabriel becomes a police officer. Now I’m wondering: are they just… plopped in there? Or are they going to go through the rookie treatment where they have to go through police academy and all that good stuff?

7 Likes

Congrats on the graduation.

1 Like

10 days and not even 1 comment? I feel like we should start discussing this amazing WIP again :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Congratulations on graduating! Here have a cookie :cookie:

more please !!! <3