SoS: The Mortal Coil (WIP)

I’m looking forward to seeing the trial. Will Ramiel Fall before or after his twins are born?

1. Ryder. (Nate is his younger brother?)
  2. Iro
  3. Israfel
  4. Daniel
  5. Tadea
  6. Alice
  7. Stephanie
  8. Michael
  9. Sabriel or Karyn
  10. Ramiel
  11. Aelius
  12. Zaria
  13. Leo
  14. Tom
  15. Charleston
  16. Lucifer

We got a lot alike, I’m curious to see how many you get.

Also, am I the only one who thinks Ryder is not the number one just because it’s too obvious? :thinking:

Heh, I knew you’d say no but a girl can dream :grin:

It’s okay I guess? It doesn’t really get my hopes up for my multiple choice test but at least I got some of them right party woop woop

I switched him and Ramiel last minute so he didn’t really fit but hey MY DUMB BOYFRIEND IS TOO PURE TO TORTURE :cry:

1 Like

I’ve seen this floating around for a while. I’m ashamed that I decided to take the time to read it now. (Or maybe I was fated to read it now lol)

I also took the time to read the tumblr before commenting here.

I was surprised to find out that Michael and not Israfel is a love interest. But I guess Michael acts the way he does towards Gabriel is the way he show he cares.
Since the name Gabriel chosen for the player character because it seems the most “human.” It makes me understand why Lucifer is their dad.
I was really hoping that Israfel would be a love interest because of the bonding scene when you first look at the shell moved me so much. But maybe it’s good for me that Michael and Sabriel are the angel ROs since I tend to play neutral leaning on compassionate main characters. I’m interested in Michael but I’m not sure if I will go for Michael since he can’t stand Daniel. It’s not Daniel’s fault for being a demonspawn…
Talking about children, since where reading where the demo left out and we know what happens Ramiel. I wonder, wouldn’t it have been possible to ask Gabriel (or any other angel) to make a child/cherub? Or are cherubs not considered children to Ramiel?

I was really happy when we got to the flashback. I’ve always been fascinated with fae/elves so I can’t wait to see more of Oidche Eagal. I also have to admit that I’m sad that they’re not ROs either. You made me fall in love with Leochlan! I chose to spend the night with him because he took the time to know and guide Gabriel (even though I do believe we’ll see more of Laniwynn and Lyana later.) I even went through the “experiences” with him. :joy: I really loved the after care when Gabriel has no experience. I was also touched by the way he acted in the morning with a Gabriel who has a lot of experience. But it makes sense since they’re linked to Ramiel’s fall and the fact that fae don’t do friendships are repeated…I hope this family will be okay in the end. Ah…it makes me sad thinking we won’t see them again when the flashback ends…

I don’t dislike the current ROs though. I’m surprised at the amount, you must be very patient or ambitious to write them all.
I think I like Aelius and Leo the most. Aelius because he surprised me with how affectionate he can be for an incubus. Leo…because he’s really cute. :joy: Iain reminds makes me think of a shounen manga/anime protagonist more or less. Tom makes me glad that he can help Gabriel raise Daniel.

Anyways, I can’t wait to see more of The Mortal Coil! :smile:

Oh yeah, I forgot one thing. I like how you write love scenes…it’s better than even some professionals. coughSarahJMaascough

2 Likes

We need one sane brother that just lives us platonically.

And that second paragraph as some spoilers from tumblr others may not what to see. You probably shade over that.

6 Likes

:thinking: I guess that’s fair but Israfel is an oasis compared to those two. Love never runs easy.

I shaded over them, I think, and probably some more just to be safe.

Regarding Ramiel not having cherubs instead, or asking other angels, I think part of the reason is that he also wanted to experience the ‘parenting’ part of having children. On the other hand, because Heaven is a collectivist society where cherubs are raised with other cherubs and an overseer, he wouldn’t have gotten the experience he wanted.

A lot like part of the reason why Lucifer rebelled and fell too, I guess? xD

5 Likes

Well, you can play your mc as falling in love with Israfel although he won’t return your feelings

2 Likes

Lucifer is the character I am looking forward to seeing more of the most!

2 Likes

Well, if he Fell before they were born then they would never be born. They would be killed.

@Morphine
Counting 9 as wrong, because two answers don’t count :stuck_out_tongue: (Yes, I was that TA). 8/18

“Oi, I’m not dumb! Just, you know, uninformed. Because some people felt like keeping me in the dark.” Iain turns to glare at the rest of the squad.

@Hazuki
Per the Ramiel question, pretty much what @Lychees said. Ramiel wouldn’t get to be a proper father if he had a cherub. He wants a relationship with his child, and Heaven doesn’t condone that.

I think just insane :grin:

Part of it is just me wanting to be like, look, I love a good romance too, but other kinds of love are just as important (familial/sibling with Israfel, potentially paternal with Daniel).

20 Likes

The trial scene should prove interesting.

3 Likes

Really cool game, the concept is interesting and the characters are either cool or show potential

also the whole Fae thing was hilarious XD

can’t wait to see where it goes

2 Likes

Seeing a oneshot of Lucifer musing on Gabriel after the Ramiel incident could be interesting.

6 Likes

Interesting, im not religious but im very into the whole angel demon thing. My minor complains, all the RO i aim for is not available silent cry, i hope other characters are interesting as well, and some of the paragraphs are too long, need a break or two. Overall, I enjoyed it very much.

5 Likes

At least you weren’t trying to convince @Dae-kalina to let you romance your own father in the WiP :sweat_smile: :sweat:

10 Likes

I don’t think I will be romancing anyone in heaven.

It’s early days, give it time. I don’t know if you’re avoiding spoilers but if not, the tumblr has a ton of asks featuring all 15 (!) announced ROs. Maybe one will strike your fancy? If not you can start a club for all the sad Gabbies in love with Israfel and the fae twins and Lucifer :thinking:

8 Likes

Haha, I understand. And with how captured I were with the demo, I’ve no doubt of your statement. Excellent work! to the author. Also thanks for the tip, totally new here, so I don’t know how things operate around here yet.

2 Likes

Ramiel

3 Likes