SoS: The Mortal Coil (WIP)

@Dae-kalina First: WELCOME BACK!!! :kissing_heart: Andā€¦well shitā€¦that was some awww-some update but wellā€¦i am sad. :sob: Since Ramiel is my 2 RO i was like ya fooooooooooooooooooooooooooool :persevere: Im gonna beat ya up!!! but at the same time, i knew this was gonna happen but my heart broke :cry:

Also a stupid question but can i play a Gabriel that was in love with Ramiel but got his heart broken, (by the nep incident) and fell out of love with him, only to end up loving Michael at the end :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::rofl:

3 Likes

Apparently so

3 Likes

@Morphine OMG! TNX :kissing_heart:

ā€¦First thought to come out of my head after that revealā€¦ "You idiot!!!" So yeah, my Gabriel isnā€™t going to take it well. :laughing: at all.

6 Likes

My Gabriel would be one of these two without a doubt. For hear him out he just wants to make sure Ramiel has thought this through and that it wasnā€™t on a whim, then heā€™ll tramsition to happy and supportive. As for exciting news he thinks itā€™s great that Ramiel is gonna have childten and he can be an uncle, heā€™s always been fond of little ones. In both cases he agrees with Ramiel that since the mother isnā€™t human then the children arenā€™t nephilim.

4 Likes

Iā€™m gonna guess that the technicality is the mother not being human. Yes? No? Maybe?

1 Like

But they still are half angel so it might still cause some problems.

1 Like

I wonder if Gabriel will get a chance to have a good time? :wink:

Will the story take place within the span of a century?

From when you find daniel to the end of the story is spans 15 years. You should check the blog out, it has some pretty cool info and you can avoid spoilers if ya want.

How do I find the blog?

Go on tumblr then search Son of Satan: The Mortal Coil. Pretty sure tou donā€™t even need an account for it either. Hope this helps :relaxed:.

1 Like

It should in the first post! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! Iā€™ll take a look!

Wow. All I can say is - wow. I am absolutely in love with the concept of this game, and you execute it so well: the writing, the characters, the settingā€¦literally, everything.

I am extremely impressed by the amount of variation and content that you provide. After playing through the game a few times, I realized that Gabriel and Israfel had completely different banter depending on what battle strategy the player chose. Not just a few different lines, but entire conversations. I canā€™t imagine how long that takes to write. Of course then I had to go back and try all of the different wing, weapon, and strategy combinations just to see how the scenes would change.

Also, kudos to you for the inclusivity of this project. Itā€™s not often that I encounter asexual and aromantic options in these games.

I really look forward to reading more! Have fun, and keep up the amazing work!

7 Likes

Iā€™m looking forward to learning more about Ramielā€™s Fall.

He didnā€™t just drop it. He dropped it oil, lit on fire, and then tossed it into a glass house.

I wonā€™t say for sure that a scene of this exact nature will be in the game, but there will be some domestic scenes with Daniel where Israfel and/or Sabriel will invite themselves in.

[quote=ā€œCOGZealot, post:636, topic:15298ā€]
ā€¦First thought to come out of my head after that revealā€¦ ā€œYou idiot!!!ā€
[/quote] The first four words of the ā€˜Chew outā€™ response are ā€œAre you an idiot?ā€

@Elysium

Thatā€™s Ramielā€™s logic, at least. However, we already know that Ramiel Falls, so I wonder if that technicality is enoughā€¦ :thinking: And thanks for answering the question about the time frame of the game!

Maybeā€¦

Depends on your definition of a good time. But both Leochlan and Laniwynn are intrigued by angels.

Thatā€™s a key point of what Iā€™m trying to do with this game. I want there to be something new to learn on each path, not just one or two small changes (though some path variations are more similar than others, to ensure that the same information is given to the playerā€“like any of the branches in the GAO HQ). It does take longer, and sometimes can be tiring since the main plot isnā€™t advancing, but it always feels worth it when I see people going back and replaying for the different variations :smile:

I only hope to do them justice. Thereā€™s some really good projects on here that tackle that, and especially with the cast of characters we have (Iro who is strictly aromantic, and a yet to be revealed RO who is nb asexual) I want the player character to have the same sense of choice.

15 Likes

Can I get a round of applause for this author please? :clap::clap::raised_hands:t2::raised_hands:t2::raised_hands:t2: (<ā€“sign language for clapping) I was just on your Tumblr and I mean this person seriously has this shit figured out.

PS. Thanks for answering my question of the religious aspects of the story. I generally feel super judged when I ask people about this stuff irl. :confused:

11 Likes

The plot may not be advancing but Iā€™m enjoying all the variations of the scenes themselves. Like the scene after sabriel leaves can goes like 12 different ways depending on your choice and it really feels like your choices do matter. Like if you didnā€™t do this, you could see or hear that. Or if you did this, then this happens. Truly, the freedom of choice is there and it is wonderful. Plus the fact that I can make my Gabriel how I want very specifically like there can be so many different Gabriels.

5 Likes

@Dae-kalina

What I mean by good time, does Gabe get to enjoy romantic encounters with a RO?

Also, how much trouble can Gabriel get in when Ramiel screws the pooch?