SoS: The Mortal Coil (WIP)

Well, the results of the poll is in. Michael, Ramiel, and Iain are the top three, but I’ll also do an extra for Alice and the new female RO. (And a Lucifer extra).

Speaking of the new female RO, let me introduce you all to her.

Zaria is only half-human, on her father’s side. (I’m not telling you what her mother is yet–I have to leave some things for the game to reveal). Because of her heritage, she is incapable of hearing normal human vocal ranges, so for most intents and purposes she is deaf. She works as the Medical Examiner for Jericho City Police Department.

Zaria’s hair is a wavy cascade of mahogany that she usually wears pulled back in a bun. Her natural eye-color is violet, so she wears amber-colored contacts. She’s often hearing high-heeled boots that bump her height up to 6’ 2"/188cm (she’s actually 6’0"/183cm).

Because of her deafness, she typically won’t initiate conversations with unknown people or in large groups as she gets nervous about how she sounds. While she is fluent in ASL, she doesn’t usually use it because no one else in the precinct is fully fluent, though they have come to learn bits and pieces.

She tends to respond logically to situations first, always being careful to consider things before speaking. She dislikes being rushed or pressed for quick decisions, and isn’t shy about letting you know so. Questioning her knowledge is a good way to offend her. She’s reserved until she knows you, and then is prone to slipping in teasing remarks when visited in her home domain (that being her office and lab).

(And this is entirely the fault of the mop video… she always had a dog, but until now the breed wasn’t set.) She enjoys spending time outside with Rolo, her Komondor (aka large mop dog). She’s 29 at the start of the game, but looks almost a decade younger due to her mother’s heritage. Luckily her height stops most people from attempting to card her or question if she’s truly old enough to have obtained her Doctorate in Forensic Pathology.

Looking sharp and well-presented is important to her, and she is meticulous about the aesthetic feel of her office and home. Going to crime scenes can stress her out because of the potential for crowds and unexpected people; she likes being in control, and places with a lot of people tend to put her on the defensive and she shuts down. Going out in groups with friends that she knows is usually the way she counters for the lack of control in new environments, but in general she prefers to be a creature of habit.

39 Likes