SoS: The Mortal Coil (WIP)

Planes comes in all shapes and sizes. Earth and everything one could feasibly (if not by our technology) physically travel to from Earth is one plane. This is the material plane. There are several overlapping dimensions for each material plane (also called planes, so this can be confusing). Heaven and Hell are both parallel planes to Earth that are nearby without actually intersecting. Intersecting planes have points on the material plane where you can move from one plane to another (an example of this in the story’s world is Stonehenge. However, safeguards have been put in place so no one can accidentally wander from one plane to a different one). Pocket dimensions are a category of smaller planes, typically running the size of a house or city at most. So… simple answer? They are different universes but can occupy the same space as ours (for example, Gabriel can see auras which are visible in a different plane from the material one.)

@FYA2597

1. Gabriel does know one of the other Fallen quite well.In fact, one of the five primary flashbacks that I have planned explores their relationship with Ramiel. If you caught it in the prologue I mention his name as one of Gabriel’s closest wingmates. Ramiel Falls several millennia after Lucifer–and depending on how you play Gabriel you can come close to falling at this point too. I don’t want to say too much more but I will state that the reason Ramiel falls is because he has nephilim.

2.Depending on if Gabriel chooses to reveal who they really are to certain mortals, they may comment upon differences in what they expected compared to the reality of Gabriel. Daniel may remark upon certain things he’s been reading, but at this point I don’t have Gabriel specifically reading about themselves. I may have to add in a short scene.

@Hellfire
Lillith has many origin stories, one of which is her being Adam’s first wife. For my world she is an archdemon and one of the first mortals who became a demon. Her power is nearly enough to rival Lucifer’s and she makes no secret about wanting to take over the rulership of Hell from him.

@Loki522
Of course! To name a few there’s Sabriel, Alice, Tadea, Karyn, Stephanie, and Iro. (Short descriptions to follow, minimal spoilers).

Sabriel is another angel of Guardian rank. She’s the Guardian Angel Overseer for the area where you will be living and is technically responsible for making sure you don’t do anything to humans. She’ll be introduced in two updates.

Alice is a human and one potential partner for Gabriel. She’s the only child of a powerful medium and is well aware of the supernatural world even though she herself has no gifts. She’s a believer of order though she also believes that there are exceptions and that you have to take things on a case by case basis. She loves to tease coworkers and is fond of practical jokes but perfectly capable of being serious. Commitment makes her a little skittish in personal relationships. She is also a little afraid of children. Brown-haired she has unusually light grey eyes and stands at 5’ 11".

Tadea is a gay werepanther. She’s the second-in-command of her pride and prickly as can be. She sees official authorities (the police) as something to be leery of at best. The pressures of werepanther society (which places on emphasis on breeding and rewards cruelty) leaves her bitter and mistrustful of others. Aggressive and fierce, she supports her best friend’s new leadership style though thinks he is too naive to hold it on his own without her assistance. She favors practicality and is cutthroat in making decisions. Physical appearance is a dark-skinned, 5’ 8" woman with short-cropped hair. Most of her arms are covered in tattoos of barbed wires with roses on the left arm. She respects strength and will exploit any weaknesses she can find in anyone to further her agenda or that of her pack.

Karyn is a female werewolf who’s adept at dodging pack responsibilities. She loyal to her pack but has a wild streak. She is of the opinion that life is too short to be serious and tends to be seen as vain and flighty. She is also fairly intelligent and a skilled hacker. Blond-haired with amber eyes she stands at 5’ 6". She enjoys kickboxing and zumba, and can’t cook for the life of her.

Stephanie is a witch who works at the police department as a beat cop. She specializes in charms and trinkets not having much magical power at her disposal. She’s a little sensitive about her size, a mere 5’ 2", and hates speaking to large groups of people or with anyone she’s not familiar with. Generally mild mannered she enjoys strange tea blends and can talk for hours about the magical properties of herbs but is dismal at pop culture references.

Iro is a succubus dating from Hellenistic Greece. She’s a RO option only for darker Gabriels (though you can have a fling with her as a lighter Gabriel, she just won’t be interested in a relationship of any kind). As a succubus she has mid-level shape-shifting abilities which she predominantly uses to change her physical appearance. Iro likes drinks and toying with humans, though she is not a fan of blood and gore. She tries to rely on her wiles and ability to wheel and deal to maintain a comfy lifestyle free of being controlled.

53 Likes