SoS: The Mortal Coil (WIP)

How tension filled it will be will depend on how much Gabriel knows I think.

Yep. On the Tumblr page itā€™s stated that straight-ish characters can be romanced by a same gender Gabe but itā€™ll be harder. Karyn and Iain are the two straight-ish peeps.

1 Like

Omg i am so exsited!! Best romances are the hard won! I hate when just with a single yes or no, you can have the other in bed and all. Very easy and not satisfiying.

Oh, and can you leave the tumblr page? I cant seem to find it anywhere!

Hereā€™s the link to the tumblr page https://sosthemortalcoil.tumblr.com/

4 Likes

SoS is one of my favorite games. Itā€™s not very common that games deal with being a guardian/parent to a child. In my experience, Daniel comes off as an intelligent and inquisitive child. The author does a great job at making Daniel a likable and realistic child character, so much so that itā€™s very hard for my Gabriel to be mean to him. I am really looking forward to Gabriel navigating the ins and outs of parenting Daniel.

On a slightly off-topic subject from the above, is Daniel named after an Angel? And how does an Angel such as Michael feel about so many mortals being named after him?

7 Likes

First of all, I just want to say that itā€™s awesome how much some of you guys know about the game. Thanks for stepping up and answering questions! (@Umbreonpanda @squarelyblue @Elysium @cookiemonsta and anyone else I might be missing)

Thatā€™s one of Gabrielā€™s duties, though they would like to add that no one gets to look so neat and clean when having to fight off a Nephilim.

Definitely and 100% my fault. (Iā€™m 6ā€™6", so to me, most of them arenā€™t that tall?) Stephanie and Ryder have the awards for smollest of the ROs, the rest, not so much.

@Anathema
Welcome aboard! I see in your time here you have encountered the roller-coaster that is Michael. Be prepared for much more flip-flopping and him giving you the run-around.

In regards to Ramiel and Lyana, the upcoming update will clarify their relationship, but they arenā€™t in love. Fae value children immensely, as they have a very difficult time conceiving. Some fae species are immortal, some are not, and since almost all fae are cossbreeds of some degree, life expectancy can vary. (Lyana and siblings are immortal as far as old age goes). Fae may love their blood family, and they have strong tribal bonds, but they are always looking for how they can benefit. Romantic love, to them, is completely absurd. They donā€™t mind romantic gestures, indeed, wooing humans or fertile partners is considered something of a sport, but actually developing romantic feelings for someone is a weakness and shameful. Having a child is a sign of fertility and many consider a fae family who can produce a child blessed by their gods, and it increases their status and power standing.

A little clarification on the family and angels situation: angels can have children, but the children are raised by Heaven, not the parents. Heaven encourages relationships between angels, but the donā€™t support multi-generational familial relationships.

In respect to ratting out Ramiel: I considered this possibility for the scene, but I decided to go a different route. Given the history between the characters, Ramiel and Gabriel have a certain amount of familiarity, at the very least. For Ramiel to even show Gabriel to Lyana, Gabriel has to trust Ramiel. Betraying his trust so blatantly felt like too out of characterā€“if you have a Gabriel who doesnā€™t trust Ramiel, they never would have gotten to that point. ((Iā€™m not 100% opposed to putting it in, but it would cause a lot of restructuring for that scene, and right now Iā€™m still mostly writing the parallel branches rather than adding much depth to it))

I wouldnā€™t recommend it. (And really, can you blame him for not wanting to go back? Itā€™s kind of a mad house at times.

Awww, thanks! This story does a fair amount of jumping between the modern day and the pastā€“angels donā€™t experience time quite like humans do, and for pacing reasons, Iā€™m currently going with a sprinkling of flashbacks rather than have you play in a strictly linear progression.

Nope. I would strongly advise not to try flirting with her either. She wants Gabriel, all rightā€“wants their wings up on her wall and their skull for a drinking cup.

Oh, the spoilers I could giveā€¦ Letā€™s just say that itā€™s not 100% his fault, that there may be someone else pulling some of his stringsā€¦

@Bae_Junhong
Thanks for the catch! Itā€™ll be fixed in the next update. (Someone might have given Sabriel the wrong tea. See what happens when she doesnā€™t get her caffeine? She canā€™t even remember which side of the coin she calledā€¦)

I love Leoā€™s romance route a lot as far as writing. Heā€™s the youngest of the ROs, which already makes him a little unique, but specificallyā€¦ heā€™s one of the first characters, besides Daniel, whose future you can determine through your actions. For the different factions (werewolves, panthers, witches vs. warlock) there is a large case associated with them.

@Fluffy_Buffy
Karyn is an RO for both male and female Gabriels. A female Gabriel will have to do a little more pursuing and have the right personality for her to go out with them.

@HeroBoots
I partially based Daniel on my experience as an older sibling, babysitter, and camp counselor, with a little dash of sugar and spice and everything nice. Iā€™m glad he comes across as an engaging child character!

Daniel is named after the (Christian) prophet Daniel. His mother was a devout Catholic, and knowing the origin of her sonā€™s father, she wished to give him a strong name. His situation reminded her of Daniel in the lion denā€“thus, his name.

Michael doesnā€™t spend anytime thinking about why humans bother naming their offspring things. If anything, he might privately commend them on having the sense to pick a strong name.

23 Likes

of course.

HOLY CRAP! what are you? midwestern American? scandinavian? I am 5ā€™11 and thatā€™s considered big in my family.

I will take that as a yes on the slapping issue. (need to teach them while there are still young)

1 Like

My 1.56 ass feels scared and intrigued at the same time lol

does that mean that we will have to form an alliance with the wolves or the Panthers and not both? Also what do they think of each other?

Also how does a Leo with a crush on Gabby react to them treating him as a nephew/little cousin/child (age wise not like Daniel) Instead as a man/potential boyfriend?

Also here some laughs and goofs

http://gag.fm/uploads/posts/t/l-8813.jpg

4 Likes

Iā€™ve made all of my Gabrielā€™s tall.

1 Like

Something I have to ask. Iā€™m not a fan of children and/or parenthood personally, so Iā€™d like to know if thereā€™s an option to express discomfort over the fact that you are basically forced into the role of caretaker for Daniel?

1 Like

You can express the attitude that you are a soldier following orders when it comes to Daniel.

Which makes it clear that you can be less than thrilled.

3 Likes

Team Protect Daniel at All Costs

(My Gabby probs would flip the bird at Heaven at this point if they tried anything HAHA)

Iā€™m glad though weā€™ll have the chamcr to properly develop a bond with him ā€“ for those that arenā€™t following the tumblr account, there will be apparently movie nights and other hang out stuff

Okay this has me curious though. Will we meet a fae that actually is in a romantic relationship with someone? Ofc probs considered an outcast or maybe even thrown out of because of that shame? Or will this just come up in passing when one of the fae explains to Gabby their take on Ram and Lyanaā€™s relationship?

3 Likes

This is givibg me the bad feels :sweat:

Interesting, canā€™t wait to see how that goes.

really loved the demo.canā€™t wait for the next update

1 Like

Looking forward to more lore!

2 Likes

1000th post! Hell yeah!

1001*ā€¦

4 Likes

I canā€™t believe I just found this, but Iā€™m absolutely enamoured with it! Angels, hellspawn, and werebeasts, oh my!

2 Likes

Lol, I was being sarcastic cause I missed being 1000th by 6 minutes

1 Like

and I misses it by less that oneā€¦IT COULD HAVE BEEN MINE!!

vader

vadernoo

3 Likes