SoS: The Mortal Coil (WIP)

Oh God now I have the theme song stuck in my head :sob:

Why you crying? ā€œArrival to Earthā€ is an awesome soundtrack and it kinda fits SoS: The Mortal Coil tooā€¦ both figuratively and literally (when Gabriel ā€œarrivesā€ to Earth plus the whole angelic theme and the divine wars)!

Skip to 3:06 for the angelic chorus (though the whole song is worth listening to)! <3

4 Likes

Listen to this while youā€™re fighting hoards of demons~ https://youtu.be/2qetI-4XvRg

2 Likes

Hard to pick. On one hand, Iā€™d like to pick how I look like; on the other hand, that wouldnā€™t blend well with my idea that Gabriel gives zero fucks as to how he looks like.

ā€¦ Screw it. In fear that I somehow end up with a mixture of really weird features that clash with each other, just randomize gender.

From what little Iā€™ve heard of Sandalphon and Metatron, Iā€™ve heard them to be close, but this is the first Iā€™ve heard of them being twins.

Link?

i prefer to choose what i look like :blush:

Itā€™s mentioned in there, although itā€™s just one of a couple of theories, so take it with a pinch of salt.

How does each archangel view Gabriel? Also whoā€™s eldest to youngest amongst the archangels? Also whoā€™s Alice?

I loved the new update! Muhahah :dancer: Im gonna get ya Michael (Run away!) :kissing_closed_eyes::imp:

My heart hurt bitterly when i just let him go to just see how it would play out :sob: But the wing brushing ma god :heart_eyes:
@Dae-kalina would it be possible after romancing Michael to try for a kid :joy: Like Gabriels Grace and MichaelĀ“s make an offspring :blush: Also is it possible to kill Lucifer Im sorry if this has been asked before i just really havent seen it then :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

@silent15
Sandalphon does not show up in this particular game.

@avidreader
If you mean hunters, there are government sponsored units responsible for keeping the supernatural in check. Gabriel does have a run-in with one.

@IvoryOwl
I do actually listen to the Transformers soundtrack while writing sometimes.

@Mxm124
Iā€™ll go by archangel (By the way, the tumblr has a lot of this info if youā€™re curious). Age order, from oldest to youngest is as follows: Raphael, Israfel, Auriel, Michael, Gabriel, Sarethiel, and Hanael.

Israfel adores Gabriel.

Michael used to openly adore Gabriel when he was young. Now events have changed his attitude and he more often than not ends up in arguments with Gabriel.

Sarethiel is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma. No one knows their true opinion of anyone else, but they seem to regard everyone as inferior in knowledge and woefully blunt and clumsy instruments with no keen sense of perception nor style.

Auriel tries to keep her opinions of others close to herself. Sheā€™s fairly neutral on Gabriel, preferring to adhere to a ā€˜leave and let beā€™ approach.

Hanael likes to think positively of everyone (who is an angel). Gabriel she respects but also sees as wrong because they often oppose Michael.

Raphael doesnā€™t like to think of anyone in terms of emotions, rather as tools that each have their own unique use. So Gabriel is a sometimes useful tool to him, sometimes not. They are the oldest archangel currently (Ramiel was older).

Alice is one of the potential partners for Gabriel as a cop. She is also a RO. Thereā€™s info scattered in the thread and throughout the tumblr, or feel free to ask specific questions if you want to know more.

@GloriaRose
A couple people have been asking about offspring for Gabriel (with Michael and Ramiel) specifically. At this point, itā€™s not going to be included in the story, or at least the offspring themselves. Discussions about children can occur with every RO. However, most of the ROs arenā€™t available until Daniel turns 18, at which point there are bigger concernsā€“this is the point at which the prologue begins.

As for your second question, Yes, it is possible to kill Lucifer off. Most of the characters can die or be killed off.

9 Likes

Tying these two thoughts together, would it be possible to kill Lucifer and take his place as ruler of the fallen angels?

2 Likes

From the first paragraph of the original post, yes; it seems to be possible.

1 Like

Iā€™m guessing Gabe can have a tearjerking reunion scene with Lucy :)? Also does Micheal know whoā€™s the Gabeā€™s parent?

3 Likes

@Asura
Just confirming that @Alexodia is absolutely correct. Though you donā€™t have to kill Lucifer to rule Hell, you certainly can.

@mangopeerat
Going right for the kill on the spoilers! Iā€™ll answer the first, but to the second, Iā€™ll just say I wonderā€¦

It can be tearjerking, but Gabriel doesnā€™t even know that Lucifer is their parent so thereā€™s that whole bomb to drop firstā€¦

8 Likes

Oh myā€¦ that certainly gives the title a whole new context.

8 Likes

Wait. What. The fuck.

This spoiler.

Fuck.

Brain.

Work please.

I need to gather the remainds of my shattered mind.

Until then chicken duck pork breaker.

12 Likes

The song is cool but it would be better something like that https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xIIYt5lcq3A

1 Like

Some people seem to be surprised, but I thought it was pretty obvious or that at least most people had a nagging feeling at the back of their minds.

Guess not.

Welp. Welcome to the club those of you who have discovered the truth of this world (or this wip anyway).

6 Likes

This sounds like the strangest attack move Iā€™ve ever heard. :joy:

3 Likes

so lucifer is Gabrielā€™s dad and Daniel is his nephew, technically Danielā€™s father is our brother who is also a demon? Did I leave anything out?