SoS: The Mortal Coil (WIP)

I like the House of Night books.

1 Like

Okay, anyone else want to make their Gabe a YA novel writer on the side with an urban fantasy series about angel cops?

13 Likes

me! me! o/

Michael would be out there somewhere going ā€œFinally! Someone got it right!ā€ and proceeds to obtain every novel in the series - Instant Favourite ;D
Sometime later, he finds out Gabriel is the author and just backtracks like ā€œā€¦what?ā€ (internally freaking out and trying to play it cool but cannot) :rofl:

He would probably make a jab at Gabe first though, like: ā€œThatā€™s atrocious. Why would you write trash like that in the first place? Unbefitting of an Archangel. What if other angels found out?ā€

Otherwise:
internal%20screaming%20(1)
*looks at his collection of contraband YA novels* shet, what do I do with them!?
#cannotburnthem #tooprecious #cannotletGabefindout
#no-wonder-they-were-so-good #secretly-very-impressed. #are-the-RO-in-the-novel-their-type?
#CONFLICTED

:hugs: (you can all ignore me now lol)

EDIT: ORā€¦!! Michael turns up at the booksigning and be like:
(Gab) ā€œMichael?!?!ā€
(Michael) ā€œGabriel!? I uhā€¦THIS ISNā€™T WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE! I-Iā€™m getting your signature for Israfelā€
(Gab) ā€œBut Israfel is right here next to meā€¦And he already asked me for siganture in personā€ :thinking:

omg the possibilities

14 Likes

In case Gabby needs to leave the force and decides to pursue other careers :)) the novels are thinly veiled with super obvious name changes like Michael --> Mikhail, Ramiel --> Rami, Alice --> Alissa, Iain --> Ian, etc. and the protagonist is a self insert of Gabriel

Michael doesnā€™t pick up on this until he meets Gabby as the author and now cannot unsee certain details

7 Likes

Gabriel and Michael are household names, it would be silly to change those names.

The other names, yes, time to come up with pseudonyms.

4 Likes

Lowkey shipping Michaelā€™s kid (if he had one) and a demon now

Comedy gold everyone

5 Likes

My Gabriel will approve if ends up being Aelius haha. :wink:

2 Likes

Too strange for me bordering on squick since this is like dating one of your parentsā€™ peers so big pass for me

But a demon who isnā€™t inherently evil is fine :)) especially if they keep defying Michaelā€™s expectations on what demons are

1 Like

What would Michael think of Gabriel dating either the Succubus or Incubus?

Go on a smiting spree lol
But Iā€™m sure someone asked this on the tumblr so you can search there. You donā€™t need an account to do so.

4 Likes

How would Michael react if Gabriel dates a non angel?

The Transcript

Michael on the other hand would lose it, especially as it gets more serious. If the romance has the potential for biological offspring, that alarms him even further. Heā€™s jealous and possessive and thinks that a mortal romance option is a foolish decision that leads to bad decisions that may imperil Gabrielā€™s standing in Heaven. A Fallen or demon RO is tantamount to being a traitor.

Yep, so thereā€™s a general answer on tumblr.
There might be more specific ones around, but canā€™t recall at the moment if they were on Michaelā€™s impression of all the ROs, including succubus (Iro) and incubus (Aelius) - maybe have a search around the tumblr,

:thinking: I know there was asks on Michaelā€™s impression of Leo and Iain individually thoughā€¦I think.

1 Like

I recall another ask that said heā€™d be pissed if the RO was Ramiel, but not violent. Heā€™d try to kill a demon though.

Found it

1 Like

Daniel: ā€œEveryone needs a protector, sometimes. Consider me Gabrielā€™s.ā€

ohh! danny my boy you make me so proud!

7 Likes

Just as long as you know Star Wars > Star Trek, Sabriel is good with that.

I have to build anticipation somehow.

That is the perfect gif for her.

None. She fixes them with magic :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sabriel would never roll her eyes and get caught.

Josie would be more along the lines of ā€œGabriel is older than you, and yet you still act like an old man!ā€

I thought that was an indescribably sweet comment!

Thatā€™s Josie for you!

Canonically, Daniel does date both.

I mean, in this story, God is literally the creator of the angels. Thereā€™s no belief factor there; it is what it is. How you view God is up to you, however.

4 and 5 I may not agree with, but the rest can be considered 100% true.

Youā€™d break the poor boy.

On the other hand, if the archangel says itā€™s okayā€¦

If you do, Iā€™d love to see it!

Reading about it is one thing. Seeing it is another.

Tom has had practice. And Iain is always an adorkable darling

Alice likes teasing people. Sheā€™s not so pleased when itā€™s the other way around.

He tries to be, so heā€™s pleased itā€™s working.

:innocent: I donā€™t know what youā€™re talking about. Angst? Me?

And the publisher questioning some of their choices, going, ā€œIā€™m not sure thatā€™s really plausibleā€¦ maybe you should rewrite that?ā€ and Gabriel just sits there, like Itā€™s a fantasy book, but I assure you that itā€™s based on fact. Itā€™s not only plausible, but entirely possible.

Queue the sudden desire to burn everyone of them because he doesnā€™t want anyone else getting that familiar with his Gabriel.

You all just want to see Michael spontaneously combust.

Hereā€™s the one (kind of) for Michaelā€™s opinion on Iain. (The ask was how a first meeting between a romanced Iain and Michael would go.) The Leo one is actually non-romantic, but here it is.

The transformation from vulnerable child to capable and powerful force is one Iā€™m excited to get to. End-game Daniel isnā€™t the same child that Gabriel had to rescue from demons, to say in the least.

19 Likes

cough Leo cough cough

18 Likes

Sabriel liking Star Wars more than Star Trek? a woman after my own heart :grinning:

7 Likes

My Gabrielā€™s will most likely like Lord of the Rings.

2 Likes

Entirely true ngl

Frankly I wonder how Michael is going to deal with his kid refusing to back down on this one (kid got their stubborn from somewhere coughcough)

And Daniel slowly growing capable makes me very proud :)) my Gabbyā€™s just ā€œoh look at him goā€ /wipes tear with a tissue for effect

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been lurking here a while, played the demo, and this is one of the most promising WIPs Iā€™ve seen. Please donā€™t let this die.

Also very interested in all the ROs. Most Iā€™ve seen in a choice game so farā€¦

Youā€™re telling me Lucifer personally took a trip to Georgia so he could challenge some random human to a life-or-death violin contest?

Lucy is one capricious mofo. Bet he misses that golden violin

17 Likes