SoS: The Mortal Coil (WIP)

If it does end up being an option (since I know it wasn’t super confirmed), I think my Gabe’s canon romance will be the Ramiel + Michael polyship. I don’t think they’d be able to put up with Michael romantically on his own, and Ramiel is a good moderating influence in that way. Or at least in the modern day. Plus, unlike someone (coughMichaelcough), Ramiel seems like a great parental figure to Daniel from the shorts and extras we’ve seen so far, since I doubt my Gabe is going to be over the moon at Michael ‘tolerating’ Daniel at best.

I get the feeling if the three of them had tried a polyamorous relationship somewhere in the flashback stage, that wouldn’t have been great, even with Michael being a vastly nicer person. Mainly because past!Ramiel was an oblivious mess and my Gabe wasn’t much better, to be honest.

2 Likes

So I don’t know what it says about my sense of humor, but every time I imagine a easy-going, friendly Gabriel being paired the deadpan, short-tempered Sabriel, I get this picture in my mind:

(Of course, that just make me look more forward to making that pair become a reality and seeing the possible potential hilarity of the two’s interactions :laughing:).

19 Likes

Main Issue

Summary

And that’s totally fine. My only issue was that there very much seemed a fake choice involved here. Why have a greyed out choice for an interaction if it is impossible to get that choice?

Minor Rant

Summary

Also it doesn’t make lore or practical sense that a lower realm creature would no show any deference to one of higher stature. It’s established she knows an Archangel can easily obliterate her and her village. To not at least have an option to have her respect you enough to lead, a stat or circumstance, just comes across a little heavy handed in my opinion.

That said, it doesn’t matter too much, to my playthrough at least, as my male Gabriel isn’t close enough to Ramiel to even meet the faes and my female Gabriel is hetero.

1 Like

Based on our interaction with Laniwynn, she doesn’t seem like she would compromise her personality or preferences because she is outclassed power wise. She’s told the more powerful fae courts to go fuck themselves and started her own tribe, I don’t see why she’d capitulate to an angel’s preference to be dominant in bed.

I agree a perma grey choice might not be great, but letting Gabby try to be dominant despite Lani’s preference would probably get them kicked out of her tent.

8 Likes

It’s more that Josie and Daniel are dating, you show interest in Tom, Daniel breaks it off with Josie.

No problem!

I feel that it particularly suits Gabriel if their first is Laniwynn.

We’ll see if I can work something like this in.

It’s definitely more of the original intent behind the game (but absolutely not mandatory and feeling otherwise is perfectly fine).

@cookiemonsta
No bother answering them at all! Beyond the initial scene, you won’t interact with a pre-Fall Lucifer. There isn’t much of a relationship there at all. Currently you don’t get to select how you feel about his Falling, and I don’t intend to change that at this point.

I’m not going to spoil what Lucifer and Cyriel’s relationship was like. As for what Gabby and their nestmates were doing during the rebellion? They were training and going about life as seraphs as normal. They were barely aware of the rebellion happening until it was almost over, and a point was being made about those who had chosen to rebel (i.e. they were being cast out.) The rebellion was dealt with mostly by higher ranked and older angels; they wanted to keep the young and impressionable angels out of it.

@bobsmyuncle
Michael really needs to learn about not constantly putting his foot in his mouth. Otherwise things like his entire (precious) collection of YA books end up being donated to humans.

If we’re referring to the Ramiel ask, he’s the one that’s insulted. I’m giggling about it. Otherwise I’m afraid I haven’t the foggiest idea what you’re talking about??? I can’t think of any incidents where I’ve felt even the slightest bit insulted as of late.

There are a couple of different ways, but I’m just going to sit here and enjoy the guesses. Though

this is definitely Josie. Fear? What fear?

They pick up that Gabriel isn’t a normal human (they at least know something about the supernatural) but they have no idea what Gabriel is beyond that, if anything (they could just be a human in-the-know like Alice.)

Iain is the new Mr. Oblivious when it comes to the supernatural. Most of the people he works with aren’t human and he has 0% inkling that there are other things besides humans residing on Earth.

Weres get a bit too much of a neutral scent off of Gabriel (unless they’ve been using their Grace). They chalk it up to Gabriel being some kind of human null though.

Alice won’t push a reveal (unless you’re in a relationship; she wants to know what she’s getting into bed with), but she will tell them that they can’t lie to her. So if she guesses what they are, then they should tell her, but for the most part she’ll only inquire about abilities.

Iro, Aelius, and Ryder won’t know exactly what/who Gabriel is right away, but they will know that they aren’t human.

Sabriel doesn’t dispute that description (I’m guessing you mean her?) but Iain definitely feels a little put out by being called ‘useless’

Complicated is the perfect way to describe Michael’s ro.

Much growing, much revealing secrets and laying it all out in the open.

For extra tryhard edginess, a tall Gabriel :wink:

@Frogs
Is there a particular part that you’re interested in? I could post some of it here if you would like.

Mmmm, you might be surprised by what a platonic or romanced Michael can give. It’s not an easy path, and not for everyone to be sure though.

It’s still in the current plans, but I can’t confirm until I’m writing that part of the story.

Sabriel wants you to know that deadpan she might be, but she’s not that short-tempered. (And that reaction is perfect!)

If you’re talking about

I don’t have greyed out choices for an interaction if it is impossible to get that choice. If you’re talking about the option

• #You know enough that the fae could probably learn some new things from you.

It’s because that path hasn’t been written fully yet. Hazard of playing a WIP. I will never include a choice that is permanently grey. That’s just cruel and frustrating. If you’re talking about how trying to take the lead doesn’t work, well, that’s back to Laniwynn’s personality. Yes, player agency is important, but Laniwynn doesn’t compromise. If something else is greyed out, well, then that’s a bug. See below for my original comment about not all of Laniwynn’s scenes being accessible.

@bobsmyuncle has gotten the gist of it. Add to that, tell any fae that they’re a ‘lower realm creature’ and they will try to kill you. Angels aren’t higher stature to them. Just like power varies among angels, power varies among fae. An archangel, in theory, has the power to smite the village into dust. But the fae are hardly defenseless. They can, have, and will kill angels.

You came into Laniwynn’s turf, uninvited. She’s willing to let that slide, but she’s not going to show you deference. She doesn’t bow to anyone. Why she should respect an interloper, who is completely unproven to her, isn’t part of her makeup. Her respect is earned through blood, and you have yet to fight on her behalf or against her enough to earn it.

And Laniwynn could kill an archangel, given the right preparation. Leochlan not so much, but Laniwynn could.

23 Likes

I picked it up from the extra way back where Gabby was kinda insulting him for picking terrible movies and not helping cook. I guess I have a kinda mean sense of humor because I still laugh about that.

And yes that’s Sabriel. I want to marry her and talk about books and watch Lord of the Rings and Star Wars. I love her :heart_eyes:

OMFG I WILL. 6’6" Gabriel in the works…

You merciless tease!

4 Likes

Bullshit.

Sabriel is perfectly encapsulated in this gif and you will never convince me otherwise

18 Likes

I’m so here for fictional BFFs. I’m already doing a playlist for Alice and Gabby best friend party times.

tumblr ask transcription

Anonymous asked:
Hey I was wondering if we would be able to have deep/meaningful friendships with the characters if we do not want to romance them?

DK response: Yes, yes, and yes. (I’ve said it before, and I’ll probably say it again. “Friendships are in some ways more important than focusing on the romance.”)

I love a good romance, but 1. there are fifteen ROs, and they are most of the primary cast. I think it would be a very, very boring game to romance one character and ignore the rest. I want you to get to know them. (Actually, part of the reason four characters are slightly locked on who can and cannot romance them is because I want people to get to know them outside of romances, since you can’t possibly romance everyone with the same character.)

Spoilers below.

I’ve stated before that characters can die. If they do, however, I want it to be emotional. I don’t want it just to be “I’ve lost the love of my life” (not saying that can or can’t happen) but that “I’ve lost a friend”. So if you feel like the friendship is feeling lackluster, please let me know (though we haven’t gotten much opportunity to explore platonic relationships yet, so might not be the best to critique as of yet.)

4 Likes

And I would like to let her know that I say those words with the greatest amount of love in my heart. :grin:

But I would also like to request the exact number of tea cups and mugs lost weekly due to Sabriel’s ‘not that short-tempered’ temper. :joy:

It really does make me look forward to having one of my Male Gabriels romancing her; it feels like they’ll be the embodiment of the saying ‘behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes’. :joy:

This parts random, but does anyone else think that Josie (if she has a close bond with a Gabriel whose they’re dating Tom) will be dying of laughter at her father when they both realize that it’s actually TOM whose the younger one in the relationship (maybe it would amuse the other werewolves too). I wonder if Tom’s reaction will be funny.

I’m pretty sure once I get around to making a Female Gabriel for a game run with Tom, she’s going to be laughing on the inside if Tom mentions anything about their age difference like ‘Boy, you have the age thing completely backwards’.

4 Likes

Oh no I was referring to a post I made a while ago that even if you too like 30 years to write SoS I’d still be waiting on the edge of my seat for it. And my self-conscious butt reread it earlier today and convinced myself that could sound insulting. XP

Welp, she now that just means I got to make a list of all my theories on how it happens. (Though I can promise you they are all going to be what I think would be funny and like two would be serious. xD )

Yay! Oh I already know I’m going to love this kid. She get’s my approval to date my little Danny boy. (Though he can make his own choices~ I just see my Smol Gabby in the back playing the “Kiss the girl” Theme in the background when they get older. XD

You know, until I do my Tom variant run. Cause I have to try all variables. (Then she’ll end up coddling her the best she can like she does Danial. You know if she can get away with it.)

But yeah the Tumbler answers made it seem like she’s a straightforward, tough cookie!.

1 Like

I kinda want my Danny to date Alex instead of Josie heh

4 Likes

Same, Alex doesn’t show up much in the tumblr asks but from what I can tell he seems studious and potentially a good influence on my son. :nerd_face:

4 Likes

Valid choice. X3 I’m willing to give him a chance. Josie I feel like I can count on to have my boy’s back. Though Alex from what little we know seems like he’ll try to keep him out of trouble. Also will probably win me over my being awkward and sweet.

Gabriel: -See’s the awkward standing at the door, blushing and trying to mutter out a greeting.- Oh god help you…you are too precious for this world…-Resist urge to hug them-

Danial: Mom, no. Please stop. -trying to smuggle poor Alex out of the building before Gabriel goes into ‘so cute!’ mode. Doesn’t stop her from taking pictures as the two try to leave for their date.

Though to be fair me and my Main small Gabe is going to be happy as long as Danny is happy and they treat him well.

8 Likes

Oh I’ll pinch his cheeks and tousle his hair. Danny can’t stop me!

4 Likes

Everyone is so jazzed about making a little home with Daniel, I feel like I’m the only one whose Gabby plans to keep the liaison cordial and professional :0. My Gabby is not possessed of a nurturing disposition and can barely stand 99.9% of other people :joy:. Literally waiting for the excuse and opportunity to knock some of Michael’s teeth in because she does not suffer fools :facepunch:t4:

6 Likes

@Dae-kalina

Where will Gabriel and Daniel be living, housing wise?

Been answered on tumblr.

How we find our house.

Little more about the housing situation - it’s a bit spoilery.

Transcripts below

Anonymous asked:

OMG! Can we please do a house hunting scene with Daniel where he’s running around possible houses choosing one to live in with Gabriel! and maybe other archangels could tag along?

Dae-kalina: While this scene would be undoubtedly entertaining, it’s not happening canon-wise. What will happen is that Sabriel shows you to a carefully warded house that has all matter of insurance, both normal and supernatural, that she’s reasonably sure you won’t accidentally destroy. Not to mention all the other logistics like ensuring there aren’t any super nosy neighbors and that you aren’t parking an angel in the middle of, say, a werewolf pack’s territory.

This may have been unplanned, but trying to derail Sabriel’s impromptu plans is hazardous to one’s health and potentially sanity. Plus, you know, she’s kind of in charge of making sure that you get human money for the human things you need… like a vehicle, and preferably a nice-ish one if you don’t tick her off.

Anonymous asked:

Do we live in an apparent or in a house with backward etc?

Dae-kalina: To start with you live in a small two bedroom house with a small backyard. Spoilers below the read line.

You will move to a penthouse suite after that house is destroyed. The suite is two stories with a lot of glass.

5 Likes

Both kids seem like okay romance options so far for Daniel so I’ll let him figure that out :))

I can see my Gabby with Ramiel gossiping about the love triangle in the kitchen though like

R: He broke up with Josie remember
G: They were on a break right?
R: Well if they were on a break why was he holding hands, what was his name, Alex? They’re on the couch right now
G: O:

/Gabby peeps out the kitchen to sees Alex draping his arm around Daniel

G: -texting Daniel- i see u :wink: :wink: :wink:

/a few seconds later we hear a certain satanspawn blushing audibly from the other side

13 Likes

This so hard. My Gabriel was very Kratos like once he got told off by the voices in his head.
“Come along, boy. We must get you set for school.”

“For the last time, my name is Daniel!”

“Quiet, boy. And put some clothes on. You’ll be late.”

11 Likes

That would be my equivalent of not believing in God. If there even was higher deity, I’m not going to bow down no matter the power. It has nothing to do with lore, it’s a matter of personal belief and personality.