SoS: The Mortal Coil (WIP)

OMG this wing hugging post. I need to update my will because this cuteness is gonna kill me :hugs:

Also, Michael and YA books will always be my favorite thing.

Gabby: Oh hey Michael, I didnā€™t know you had a library.
Michael: I donā€™t read these! Theyā€™re contraband, I just havenā€™t gotten around to destroying them yet. Busy with archangel stuff, you know.
Gabby: Iā€™ll take these down to Earth for you then. Dannyā€™s school library will really appreciate you donating these!
Michael:
Arthur-Fist

23 Likes

@Dae-kalina, Thank you so much for taking what I said in the spirit I meant it! Looking at it, it does come off as accidentally a little insulting! It probably would have been better to just say that I am excited about this game and that excitement I doubt is ever going to fizzle out and that just in general I enjoy your writing and so excited to see where this story will go!

Though guys, I just had a thought while I was doing homework. How do you guys think that Gabrial is an angel going to be revealed to the other characters? I know one Gabby I want to play is one that is high emotion, kind, impulsive little thing. I just keep seeing how the werewolves/Tom/Charleston might find out that she is an Angel is that some sort of horrible shenanigans happen and something tries to hurt Danial and Josie and Gabrial just sort of doesnā€™t think this plan through and just pretty much scoop the kids close and just wrap them all in a wing cacoon sort of moment. Only realizing after the fact that they had an ā€œoopseyā€ moment of revealing what they are. Cause now I just see this moment of.

Gabby: -makes a big enough gap to peak out at Tom and Charleston between their wings-
ā€œSooo,ā€¦No play date next week Iā€™m guessing?
Josie: Oh my god, itā€™s so shiny! -starts patting the wings inside that cacoon- Theyā€™re so fluffy!! I could die!!ā€
Dannny: Ummmm Josie? I donā€™t think that should be the word choice nowā€¦I promise itā€™s tottaly safe and warm in here!

My Gabby has enough subtle/strategize/suave that I donā€™t think sheā€™d lose control or blurt it out. But sheā€™s way too candid to be 100% undercover.

It depends on whether they know enough about the supernatural to suspect anything and forward enough to ask her. I imagine her coming across as sheltered in a way that would seem really odd coming from a supposed former federal agent.

Like sheā€™s never seen a cop movie. Iā€™m sure itā€™s going to drive the other cops crazy that she doesnā€™t get their references. So a donut joke - she would intellectually understand they are humorously referencing a stereotype associated with police, but not laugh because she hasnā€™t actually absorbed the cultural context for the joke to land correctly.

After a while I think Alice and Stephanie would pick up clues that sheā€™s not from around here and perhaps start asking questions, and sheā€™s too candid to just lie to their faces.

Iain will probably never guess in a million years unless she decides to tattoo ā€œI am the archangel Gabrielā€ across her forehead. Heā€™ll probably think itā€™s criminal that she ā€œjust didnā€™t have TV growing up.ā€

Iā€™m not sure what the weres/demons/Ryder will be able to pick up, assuming she can avoid using Grace.

4 Likes

I believe it depends on the character.

If we mess up our masquerade then I believe Alice will quickly notice we are not human and wilk comfort us so we have to reveal out secret cause she can be scary ;-;

We either tell Iain because he is too good for this world or he finds out because we have to reveal ourselves if a serious fight breaks out (this how I imagine it in my head atleat) or something along the lines

The werebeats will be suspicious because they can smell it I quess? Also the same with Zaria and Stephanie? But again if we fail our cover they will find out

Iro Ryder and Aelius will know right away because

And probably during the romance there will be an opportunity to admit it?

3 Likes

According to the tumbler posts, yes.

2 Likes

I certainly donā€™t want to romance Michael. Why would anyone?

2 Likes

Because heā€™s cute as a button and I like ruffling his feathers and arguing and making him all huffy when he inevitably loses.

I donā€™t think heā€™ll be my Gabbyā€™s canon romance (right now Iā€™m torn between the harried librarian and the useless ginger) but Iā€™ll def check it out.

I think the only romances I wonā€™t do are Charleston and Stephanie because I donā€™t want to play a male Gabe. And probably Iro, because it just seems like a self destructive subplot and not what I play games for.

7 Likes

Because heā€™s a disaster but heā€™s my Gabbyā€™s disaster and she wouldnā€™t have him any other way.

But seriously, I like the complicated ones. Especially if they have been mutually pining for each other for millennia but are too damn stubborn to admit it. My hopeless romantic ass is going to DIE when they finally admit their feelings for each other.

Micheal will most likely be my canon romance, even tho I really like Aelius too.

Iā€™ll probably try them all once with the exception of Ryder. He seems like too much of an edgelord for me :smile:. And Iro because wellā€¦ sheā€™s Iro.

10 Likes

The fact that #Michaelā€™s YA novel obsession is its own tag is also A++

With this one though:

I wonder what exactly did he come across lololol.

I think bobsmyuncle and Anathema summed it up pretty nicely.

Iā€™m actually quite cut between Michael and Ramiel. But Iā€™m leaning more towards Michael cause I can see my canon Gabriel being stubborn enough to stand up for herself if Michael steps over the line with his behaviour, but also wanting to fix the relationship between them. With that as an opening, I feel that a walkthrough with Michael as RO would be interesting and immersive. Weā€™ll see how that goes though lol.

In that walkthrough, Ramiel be #brotherzoned. I love him, but It hink Mr.Obvious and my Gabriel will be too obvious to start anything.

4 Likes

#brotherzoned is equally hilarious and disturbing. :sweat_smile:

And as much as I love butting heads with Michael, my Gabby will certainly be setting some boundaries too. That boy is too much of a drama lord not to. They certainly have a lot to grow before I can see them in a healthy, stable relationshipā€¦

But hey, the journey is half the fun, right?

3 Likes

Ryderā€™s tryhard edginess is my favorite thing about him though :joy:

The chip on his shoulder about being short perfectly average height is also cute. Not sure if Iā€™d rather romance him with a short or tall Gabby :thinking:

Seriously, I would love to know! I want to read some in character book reviews.

Yeah, my main Gabby is rather assertive and sure of herself, which is why Iā€™m okay with it. Michael really needs to be pushed back on when heā€™s being overbearing. Dae-kalina says a healthy relationship is possible so :crossed_fingers:

And Ramiel. My stupid, stupid, stupid baby boy. I love him too. I just want the nesties back together :cry:

3 Likes

Ramiel is looking to be ny canon romance and depending on how Michael plays out he could be pretty up there

But I definitely want to help the little porcupine. Whatever is blackmailing him is in for a doozy for hurting the nestmate

2 Likes

How do you view the code of this game?

Itā€™s okay if you donā€™t want to romance Michael. For me heā€™s too close to some experiences Iā€™ve had. But he has a lot going for him (loyalty, strength, protective, secret caramel heart), once you get him out from under the influence of whoever is manipulating/abusing him. I feel like a lot of whatā€™s ā€œwrongā€ with him makes sense when you remember heā€™s having his feelings for Gabriel twisted/used against him, and is being shaped by an incredibly abusive manipulator. People get really messed up when theyā€™ve undergone abuse let alone for hundreds of yearsā€¦

like 100% I am up for doing a friends-only run to help poor Michael

13 Likes

You can view the page source. It doesnā€™t end up formatted in a readable way but it kinda works.

I have to agree with you there. To me, Michael exhibits some unhealthy behaviors that can be considered abusive. We start off with such a rocky relationship with Michael that putting in the effort to maintain a friendshipā€“let alone foster a romanceā€“is already a herculean task. Relationshipsā€“be it friendship or otherwiseā€“feature a level of give-and-take, and a Michael romance looks to be one where Gabriel is doing majority of the giving. That kind of relationship just sounds emotionally exhausting.

My Gabriel is also severely turned off by the idea of a relationship with Michael. She doesnā€™t swing that way, and she is pretty squicked out by the idea of romancing any of her nestmates (she considers Izzy, Ramiel, and Michael to be her brothers.) She just wants the best for her stressed-out sibling.

8 Likes

How do you do that? I tried to open the browser console like in Guenevere but it didnā€™t work

Right click and pick ā€œview page sourceā€ from the menu. Iā€™m on chrome at the moment but it should be similar for firefox.

1 Like

It does work although with no lines or breaks itā€™s really hard to read so I guess Iā€™d skip trying to read it

Iā€™m looking at the ROs weā€™ll meet when we go to Earth.

2 Likes