SoS: The Mortal Coil (WIP)

Just finished the demo and as good as it was, I seem to be missing some things. Was a scene with Lucifer past the initial one or is that coming later? Wee bit confused is all

No, you only meet Lucifer once in the game so far. Heā€™ll have more of a role later.

Dae-kalina has a tumblr where she shares short scenarios in response to prompts, which were posted here as well.

5 Likes

Iā€™m looking forward to meeting Lucifer again!

3 Likes

My stoic, intimidating, ax-swinging Gabe would enjoy war movies with plenty of blood, gore, and bombastic speeches. She would come to admire humans for displaying fraternity and courage in spite of their brief, fragile existences. Would also probably rope Michael into watching Saving Private Ryan or Lord of the Rings with her.

ā€œGabriel, are youā€¦crying???ā€
ā€œTh-they just care so much about their friendsā€¦ā€

17 Likes

Placing bets for whatā€™s Michaelā€™s fave YA movie. Personally I feel heā€™d be very partial to Princess Diaries ā€“ especially when Michael (from the movie!) asks Mia why did she want him to come. Cue Michael (Gabbyā€™s Michael!) having feels over the reply: ā€œBecause you saw me when I was invisibleā€

(And the inevitable squeal of feels when they do kiss)

Though I would honestly want him to watch My Best Friendā€™s Wedding and squirm at the real talk moments

9 Likes

My heartfelt gratitude for helping me to discover this scene. I just read it and I am absolutely going to do a Michael run for sure. XD

2 Likes

Suave!gabby: ā€œthats my boy!ā€

@Dae-kalina Would there be in some point in the story have a serious fight with another angel/archangel? Also what made you make SoS? I imagine you have thought of this story for a long time as for the incredible lore about everything.

6 Likes

I suspect my Gabriel will love watching superhero and kung fu movies with Daniel. Sheā€™ll laugh and distract him, tease him about jump scares and sit with her arm around his shoulders and her legs tucked under her. When sheā€™s alone, sheā€™ll sometimes replay some of the movies and grin as she copies an impossible move. She also uses Daniel as an excuse to watch things like ā€˜Zootopiaā€™ and ā€˜Frozenā€™, grinning all the wider when he groans at her choice.

Her secret weakness is for feel-good comedies such as ā€˜Liar, Liarā€™ and romances with her favourite movie being ā€˜Sliding Doorsā€™.

She adores divine comedies such as ā€˜Dogmaā€™, though sheā€™s laughing at them as personal parodies. With Ramielā€™s help, sheā€™s always been able to laugh at herself and her hosts.

5 Likes

Who has everyone cast as their various Gabriels?

@Savriss
Thank you so much for that response. It really helps me know what is (or isnā€™t) working and how I can carry that forward. (And I know, 15 is insane, but I needed characters to round out our cast, and most of them ended up being single so why not?) Writing Laniwynn is a lot of fun; sheā€™s very much a chaotic neutral character, and I feel her personality really comes through in the intimate scenes. (And sorry you arent a fan of the name rabbit :confounded: but Laniwynn has her reasons.)

@squarelyblue
Michael has his issues. I almost feel bad about what I put him through, butā€¦

@GuardsmanTheMad
Iā€™ll take that as a mark of success?

I love Israfel to bits, but he also terrifies me. Sometimes I think about writing options, and then I donā€™t, because all I can think of is that he would just calmly smite me if I did. Also, Lucifer just wants to be a good dad so bad it hurts.

See, you give me stuff like this, Iā€™m gonna steal it. Canā€™t do too many if I want to give some flavor to each selection, but if you have ideas (for young Daniel no intense action/gore/horror, sorry) feel free to toss them out (particularly with how you imagine your Gabriel responding/why that movie.)

Electrical devices donā€™t typically work well in Heaven. Michael gets books; moving pictures he doesnā€™t really do.

Technically you cannot kill an angel directly with non-magical ammunition (enchanted weapons can). What happens is you inflict enough damage that they are reduced to their base essence (which even if they do get the opportunity to regenerate, it will take a significant amount of time and they are rarely the same afterwards.)

You can outright kill lower level demons, but upper level demons are similar to angels, wherein they can be reduced to their soul. If they have enough strength to return to their domain they may survive, but likelihood is that they will be devoured first.

((But for any mundane weapon to work, the target needs to be distracted or running low on energy.))

Sabriel would happily join you for a movie night if thatā€™s the case, but only after Danielā€™s gone to bed (at least until heā€™s 13+).

As the lovely @bobsmyuncle mentioned, heā€™ll have more a role later. Thereā€™s just a lot of stuff/what ifā€™s over on the tumblr (Over 20k words of shorts, character answers, some really neat fan stuff from aesthetic boards to fan casts to fan art and writing).

I feel like Saving Private Ryan might make Michael cry too.

Youā€™ll have to get him to sit down for moving pictures before he can have a favorite :smile:

@Crow

Depending on how you play your Gabriel, yes.

Iā€™ve actually tackled that question twice on my tumblr, once here, and again over here. (If you need me to repost it here, let me know.)

Definitely have put those two as contenders for movies you can watch with Daniel.

:sweat_smile: At this rate Iā€™m going to have to start watching more movies before I can write some of these (or rewatch in some cases).

I am going to have to include How to Train Your Dragon on the list though. Thatā€™ll be my one contribution.

On another noteā€¦ Iā€™ve been feeling the itch to draw another character from SoS. Since I did one of the fellows last time, figured Iā€™d tackle one of the gals. (So vote for who you want to see most, if you careā€¦ and donā€™t mind my mediocre art).

• Alice
  • Tadea
  • Sabriel
  • Zaria
  • Iro
  • Karyn
  • Stephanie
  • Josie
0 voters
15 Likes

Do it.

Personally, anything that has strong family feels like the aforementioned Lilo and Stitch would be great? Coco would be another one ā€“ especially when talking about the after life and dying and what family means

For particularly cry worthy feelings: The Iron Giant

Imagine Danny hearing the lines: ā€œyou are who you choose to beā€ and gosh even am having feels for Danny having feelings

As for my Gabbyā€™s reaction, let me collect my thoughts on that first :))

6 Likes

Supernatural / SoS crossover would have me in stitches. Sam, Dean and Castiel trying to be their gruff and surly selves with my Gabriel who is (mostly) the nicest and most loving supernatural you could ever meet, when not engaged in smite mode. I have the image of them in some diner joint, her dragging them into a big group hug and chattering with Castiel in old Enochian before blushing and switching to English for the poor brothers XD .

3 Likes

Your Gabriel would probably get a lot of side eye from the brothers. Theyā€™d be all, ā€œGreat, because another powered up archangel running around is just what we need! You donā€™t moonlight as a trickster like our Gabriel, do you?ā€ I think once Castiel got over his initial suspicion heā€™d just be glad to spend time with and have positive interactions with another angel for a change.

1 Like

I can totally see that and her shaking her head and saying thatā€™s so much more her brother Ramiel. Sheā€™d readily admit to always being caught up in his schemes as a willing if somewhat bashful accomplice. And whenever they were caught, everyone would always ask her because once she was put on the spot she was totally unable to lie with a straight face.

Being tall and young among her siblings, sheā€™d probably share some rolled eyes and commiseration with Sam over short and protective older brothers, with the two teasing Dean somewhat. She might even try to pat his head.

As for Castiel, sheā€™d be dying to grab him by the hand and show him how awesome her Heaven and siblings are. Sheā€™d FINALLY have a younger brother to protect and care about. My Gabriel adores her family utterly and, to some extent, considers all angels to be at least tangentially family, though having made up with Lucifer might make for a tough conversation.

1 Like

Currently dying of laughter on tumblr

Somehow someway thereā€™s Ramiel reading that ask and feeling slightly slighted by the insinuation of the question

3 Likes

Iā€™d love to see a drawing of Josie.

I donā€™t read the tumblr because I donā€™t want spoilers, so honestly I donā€™t even know who any of these people are (except Sabriel)

6 Likes

I admire your strength.

15 Likes

While we twiddle our thumbs while waiting, anyone still wants to guess who the big bad is? And whatā€™s the deal with Daniel? Why god wants him protected?

I have a few ideas but just want to see what everyone else thinks

Donā€™t worry, the only thing happening there is Dae-kalina hitting us with feels. Save yourself !!(for the real on slaught of feels thats waiting for us in game lol). But honestly, you have great willpower. I know I definitely need the spoilers in tumblr to feel wholesome.

6 Likes