SoS: The Mortal Coil (WIP)

If Heaven does guess who’s going to go AWOL on them >:C

Also I should redo my Gabby’s profile since we have new info on grace scents and what not

6 Likes

Gabby: “I’ll go get my dad and then you’ll be sorry” :angry:

11 Likes

So you mean to tell me Gabby is a Malfoy?

26 Likes

Oh crap… that thought never came into my mind! I just assume that when angels dies, they don’t go to heaven, they just disappeared.

1 Like

Gabby: “My dad could beat up your dad” >:c

14 Likes

Well. When angels die they die for good. In Gabby’s case they’ll just leave their shell and return to their angelic form (in theory)

But Daniel is a big question and it’s not heaven if my son isn’t there >:C

Btw currently listening to Dear Evan Hansen and I can’t decide if this feels more like Gabby x Michael or Gabby x Ramiel (but it does give me feels regardless)

2 Likes

Not really an issue for my Gabby, since she’ll be taking up residence in hell. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Oh my male Gabriel will definitely day that!

2 Likes

Daniel: “My dad can smite your dad”

14 Likes

Parent off ft Gabriel? Yes. Good.

Honestly looking forward to Gabriel and Daniel shenanigans and Heaven (Michael included) will have to pry this family from my cold dead hands

7 Likes

Hey so I just realised, do we know anything about satan? Not ex-angel satan/lucifer I mean the origional demon satan

Like is he a massive Douchebag like the books or is he just kinda ehh?
Does he have fire breath or rip a mountain in half?
Also how strong is he? Like 1 to 10 1 being muggle human 10 being God

2 Likes
6 Likes

I swear my Gabriel is gonna get stomped every step he takes to try to become the strongest

My Gabe in a nutshell:

So what I’m getting from this is either Lucifer and Satan are two different entities, or Lucifer became a deity at some point in our life.
I know Lucifer is our dad and I thought a angel too making him not a deity. This bring to bear the question during his banashment did something happen to make him many times more powerful and a dragon or is there two Satan’s?

2 Likes

Satan is both a being and a title iirc. Lucifer carries the mantle of Satan but he is not Satan himself and the real one is somewhere out there

Which if you read the what if scenario of Gabby getting clapped Lucifier actually thinks of himself as still being on the side of God. Which makes me believe that the real antagonist of the series is in fact the first Satan and for some strange reason needs both Daniel and Gabby for his plans

6 Likes

The original Satan is a red dragon and some kind of OP extra planar deity. :woman_shrugging:

Lucifer gets called Satan but he is actually just a very powerful fallen Archangel (and the King of Hell). Angels know he’s not the same thing, but it’s both insulting and a way to avoid acknowledging his former position, so the name stuck.

As for the antagonist, I think there will be several. I read on the game tumblr that the Apocalypse will trigger at some point, releasing the four horsemen. Lilith will be an antagonist because she noticed Gabby is important to Lucifer, and therefore a weak point to be exploited. Some of the characters we meet can also be antagonists. Like if you want to be evil, the good aligned NPCs will try to fight you, and vice versa.

13 Likes

I’m really looking forward to seeing Gabriel getting used to human life.

Another third of Laniwynn’s scene is done (+7k new words, plus now you get access to another 1100 words that were written but not previously reachable). This may possibly be the most risque yet >.> I’m trying to keep it at the level where if you took a single sentence out of context it wouldn’t necessarily be M rated, but, well… Laniwynn is Laniwynn… shrugs and hides in a corner.

You can now play through on the ‘some experience’ route. If you all have any thoughts/feedback/comments, let me know! Going to continue plugging away on the final path and then I’ll tackle some of the longer (@all the ROs primarily) asks that are sitting in my inbox. Probably won’t get through many, but know that I do read every single ask/submission and one day I will get to them!

We’re getting closer to wrapping this scene up. Probably another ~7k words for the final route of Laniwynn’s, 3-5k words for the dance with both route, and another 5k words for skipping over the fae scene. Then onto the trial scene! Slow progress, but progress nonetheless.

If you encounter any typos or bugs, pictures are a great help! Feedback of all kind is fantastic as always.

@Gwenstn
Here, have a tissue. You may want a box on hands for future updates. The angst is only beginning.

Mmmm, I’ve said too much. If I say more, my muse may reign down chaos and fire. She likes keeping some things a complete surprise.

I’ll get around to it. There’s at least one (or maybe three) asks for this sitting in my inbox. I’ve just been working more on the story, sticking to shorter Tumblr asks for the moment (trying to finish those risque scenes with Laniwynn so we can back to the plot).

@Quaintrelle

Trusting me with this is a dangerous thing. Ye’ve been warned.

Perhaps we should ascertain if we can grow wings first. Or have a necromancer on hand. This ride is just beginning.

Probably. Odds are definitely not in our favor.

Daniel isn’t a fan of losing another parent whatsoever, and he will fight to make sure that doesn’t happen.

I’m going to try to get some lighter asks answered tonight. We’ll see how far I get.

Israfel might seem all nice and quiet, but don’t touch his Gabriel. Of course, Lucifer’s never pretended to be nice and quiet, but he shares the same sentiment as Israfel. Touch Gabriel, die.

I think we may need to start a support group. Starting with tissues and sugar.

Well, considering that it’s pretty much the same level as the story, I wouldn’t fuss too much. But yay! It may balance out some of the tears I have wrought.

The way I envision ultimate parent Gabriel is actually Gabriel plus most of the Major Crimes division. It takes a village and whatnot. (Plus, then Daniel has his own fan section for whatever he does.)

Well, I certainly hope it doesn’t take that long! I appreciate the sentiment however :smile:

Breaking even with this game is probably this game’s version of coming out ahead.

I also offer the services of Alice and Iain. They can help cut down on the take out as well. (Just don’t expect the kitchen to be clean after Iain’s through.)

@cookiemonsta
I laughed at the gif. Sums up Ramiel’s reaction perfectly.

Magic of giants, caffeine, sleep deprivation, and possibly some ritual sacrifices to the muse.

@bobsmyuncle
Thanks for linking all the Tumblr stuff! Appreciate the assist. And loved seeing your anatomy of a Gabriel and the relationship analysis. (FYI, for those of you who share your lovely anatomy of a Gabriel you may find some extras when it comes time to name your vessel :wink:)

The evil part of me is greatly tempted to just sit here, steeple my fingers, smile and say nothing.

The nicer part of me is going to put answers here.

1. Angels don’t interact with human souls in Heaven generally. They aren’t supposed to, unless it’s for administrative purposes. (Of course, some human souls can become angels…)
  2. Satanspawn are technically lesser immortals. They don’t die of old age. Most of the time they are killed and their souls devoured for power.

It does fit both pretty well… Which only makes how well the don’t get along all the more ironic. *Gives the side eye to the problem nestmates

Ah, I was missing my hell-bent Gabriels.

Oh goodness. Power runs in the family, I suppose.

Not every step… but to be fair Gabriel is already more powerful than most of Earth’s inhabitants.

@squarelyblue summed this up nicely, and @bobsmyuncle has the details.

Nice guess, but you may want to try again.

It’s definitely a process.

33 Likes

Most? Who on earth(litteratly) is stronger then us?

Also will the humans and their armies have a good or any chance chance of fighting back against the demons and angels when the apocalypse starts?

5 Likes

This only excites me further.

Drown me in the feels Dae. Do it.

2 Likes