SoS: The Mortal Coil (WIP)

Oh you sweet summer child. The tumblr trip is going to be a doozy for you then

But the short of it: Ramiel is not in love with his baby mama, they both mutually agreed to have this child for reasons unrelated to romance

As to what happens to them, my lips are sealed

2 Likes

I dont knowā€¦

Oh you bitter winter adult. Now Iā€™m scared of what Iā€™m going to find there.

But regarding Ramiel: Really? Thatā€™sā€¦ interesting. On the scene we meet her tho she seemed pretty much in love with him - and him with her. She ran towards his arms and all. I wonder then if it was all a show for the other villagers. It also makes me wonder to what purpose theyā€™ve agreed to have a child. Thatā€™s pretty serious stuff.

On a completely unrelated note: Can angels have families freely? Or do they have to keep them a secret? Iā€™m sorry if this has been asked before.

1 Like

Looking forward to seeing more of the Ramiel incident!

I believe only between angels. anything outside of being adopted or having a child with an angel is considered a capital offense, Nephilim is the hybrid child between angels and non-angelsā€¦and you know what happens to Nephilimsā€¦

spoilers for my boys/gals in bible study!!

1 Like

Why was a kitchen knife edited in? lmaoo :joy:

And what about archangels? Can they have a family? Since theyā€™re The Mighty One treasured soldiers and allā€¦

Also that means that Ramiel is considered a Nephilim, right? Will Gabriel have the option to rat him out?

1 Like

Definite spoiler. But essentially Ramiel and the Fae lady are good (enough) friends but are not romantic partners

This has been asked before :)) but the short of it is no. Heaven is an extreme collective society. So angels can have kids with other angels but as soon as the baby is born they are taken to be raised with other newly born cherubs

And Ramiel is not a nephilim. Nephilims are angel hybrids so any of his offspring with a non-angel would be classified as such

The tumblr account has more answers for you though

1 Like

what @squarelyblue said.

because we all know that the Kitchen Knife is the mightiest weapon ever created.

3 Likes

26 Likes

Iā€™d also like to note that the whole ramile thing happens way before the main storyline.

Yes, Iā€™m aware. But fae beings are also immortal, no? Or at least have relatively long lives. And so do nephilims?

Also, Iā€™ve replayed this today and encountered the scene where you can eavesdrop on Michael and Israfel and I have to retract what Iā€™ve said. Michael is certainly not a complete douche. Michael is bae.

6 Likes

Not sure if fae are immortal creatures? All that i know is that theyā€™re a supernatural race that can pose a threat. Also the fae donā€™t do love. The closets someone can get to friendship is an ally even though the mother of Ramielā€™s children seems more mild mannered. As for nephilim again Iā€™m not sure. Theyā€™re one soul split between two bodies and are prone to lots of problems. Thatā€™s why theyā€™re a big no no to heaven and have to be disposed of.

I quess they have extended lifespans, like the elves do (~5000 years for example)

I also suggest you read the extras on Tumblr if you are comfortable with that he is a bae (along with Ramiel and Iain Iā€™m torn)

2 Likes

Oh Iā€™ve read. I am a complete mess and I blame you :joy:.

Iā€™m also really interested in Aelius. He seems to start off as someone only interested in the physical side of a relationship but it gets deeper with time. Iā€™m a sucker for the type. Canā€™t wait to meet him in game.

If Iā€™m honest I lost a bit of interest in Ramiel tho xD. His pre-fall persona attracted me but the way he seems to be post-fall is kinda boring imo .

But Michael is as of now the uncontested bae lol.

I thought they only didnā€™t love outsiders. I mean it seems to me like the fae chief (I forget her name) loved her sister. And Iā€™m sure Ramielā€™s baby mama will also love her children . I got the impression they had strong family/tribe bonds.

2 Likes

no problem! ;v; iā€™m glad you liked the drawing!

My deal breaker with him is that my Gabriel wants to parent Daniel. While he can be begrudgingly neutral ā€“ or at least not openly hostile ā€“ heā€™s not exactly ideal co-parent material :))

(We could have had it all Michael)

(But no)

I mean it makes sense for him to be that way but overall //protects the kid

2 Likes

Meh, I like Daniel but I havenā€™t seen enough of him to really form an opinion. And while my MC takes her role of protecting him seriously sheā€™s not about to start mothering him. Sheā€™s a badass archangel with millennia of years under her wings, she believes everyone and everything should be able to stand up on their own two feet.

As for Michael tho, it is slightly annoying how stubborn he is about Daniel but as you said, it makes sense for his character. My Gabriel is fine with it as long as they can coexist tho she wonā€™t tolerate outright bullying or cruelness. Michael cannot harm Daniel in any way shape or form.

But theyā€™ve known each other pretty much all their lives and have a long history together. Itā€™s not gonna be a random kid that stands between that.

6 Likes

Amazing!!! Jeezas i hope you wont abandon this masterpiece!!! It is so well written! The only thing ibfound a little bit confusing was the last demos chapter when suddenly we are woken up by our wingmate. Since in previous we were getting ready to rush the earth!

But god damn, amazing!!! The vast costumizatiin and your writting really got me hooked up!! And this reminds me soo much of Samurai Of Hyuga! One of my favorite games!!!

I really hope you will continue this project! And my whole hearted wishes and luck to you!!!

Oh, and i realy dont know if the question has been answered or no, but, us Lilith a romance?

The tricky part between him and my Gabby is that his seeming hostility to her is definitely driving her away. Izzy has it right when he tells Michael that what heā€™s doing isnā€™t going to win her any favors. Like sure, long history but the flipped switch of him from being a sweet kid and nestmate to angry and distant is a big issue that he and my Gabby have yet to properly address :))

Sheā€™s also pretty thrown off with the hot/cold reception. Reading him at this point is probs not her strong suit HAHA

(If she could point blankly ask why is he like this, what exactly changed between them, etc. she would? But unfortunately the time isnā€™t right)

1 Like