Welcome to Son of Satan: The Mortal Coil.
First of all–this game is MATURE It does contain mature content, though there is an option in the stats menu (Toggle mature content filter) that will show options marked #Fade to black that will skip over optional mature content,
Stat balancing is not currently a priority (as in the author may have not actually assigned all the stats she wants to at this point/is still tweaking the system).
Please let me know if you catch anything that seems awkward or out of place to you.
Archangels were designated to serve the whims of their God. As Gabriel, you wield power and influence in Heaven. Yet your God, silent for centuries, has given you an order, one unlike any other you have received. You are to raise a satanspawn on earth, living in secret as a mortal. play as the archangel, Gabriel. Your cover is that of a junior detective with the Major Crimes division of JCPD. It’s supposed to be a straightforward protection detail.
But things rarely go according to plan.
Will you stay loyal to Heaven and their rules or will you play it fast and loose? Will you try to seize the throne of Hell for yourself or find your place on Earth? Will the satanspawn prove to be beyond saving or will you raise him to be a beacon of hope?
Work with the various supernatural factions in one of the few cities that is neutral in the war between Heaven and Hell. Fall in love, solve a few cases, and discover if your past will define your future.
The Story So Far
Gabriel is an archangel of God. They have a specific set of skills and their own Angel Blade, which they are now to use to protect a chosen child, who also happens to be a Satanspawn. After creating a mortal shell to possess, Gabriel passes out, falling into a memory of the events surrounding former archangel Ramiel’s Fall.
Demo: Try the demo here.
Tumblr: Want extra information on the characters or the world? Head over here and feel free to submit any questions to the author or charactes!
Discord: Feel like chatting with others about SoS? Come join the official discord!
Total word count now 160K+
General Update/Bug fixes:
- Act 1, scene 1 has been revamped. It’s not a huge overhaul, but I feel that it flows better. Now you can meet Athiel.
- All scenes up to the flashback have had their first editing pass (by me, so there are likely still typos to be found).
- A few entries have been added to the glossary. If you are unsure what something means, check the glossary. If it’s not in there, pester me.
- Added stat changes to all scenes up to the first flashback
- Renamed some stats, added others
- Added another option to the Michael confrontation in scene 3.
Story updates and requested feedback:
- As always, if you encounter a grammatical error or bug, please post in the forum with a screenshot. It’s much appreciated!
- 3/5 of the paths through the fae flashback have been added. If you skip this flashback entirely, then you won’t notice anything changing. The alternate path for skipping has not been implemented.
- The fae flashback scene is over 50k words, over half the length of the rest of the scenes combined. Lot of branches to explore.
- Are there any other pressing questions folks want to ask Leochlan? Submit them here or on tumblr and they may get added to his question menu.
- If there are any areas where you feel more responses/other responses than what are there would be appropriate, please let me know. I make no promises about changing anything, but odds are favorable that I will.
- Anything else you feel like commenting on!
- Finished the fourth scene entirely (two new branches, shell creation)
- Added a teaser/the start of the first flashback (~10k)
- Total word count of playable words now over 100k
- Added the ability to toggle showing stat changes after options
- Added one path of the next scene (~10k)
- Added the third scene (~14k words, total words now about ~58k)
- Added verbal descriptions to relationship statuses
- First 37,000+ words and first two scenes are complete (no missing paths, third scene disabled)
- Number of save slots increased to 7
- Miscellaneous grammar/continuity errors fixed
- Toggle effects (fade) from the stats screen
**The next update**
The trial scene, at least the part in the Council chambers.
**At some point**
At some point: Meet and potentially ally with a faction of gods (Roman, Greek, Norse, or Egyptian). Train some nephilim. Meet a medium who knows what you are. Play muse to Leonardo da Vinci. Battle in the arenas of ancient Rome as a gladiator on assignment with Israfel. Solve some murders. Chew out some demons. Argue with Michael. Argue with Michael again. Maybe a third time. Deal with the politics of heaven–or ignore them. Learn how to cook so you don’t starve as a human.
Does my Gabriel have to be called Gabriel?
No. This is how the other angels will address you unless otherwise corrected, however. When you create your human shell you will get to select your own appearance (hair, eyes, skin, height), gender and name.
Are there romances?
Yes. Currently there are 15 revealed romances.
Is Lucifer/Daniel/Israfel a RO?
No. And I won’t say why other than spoilers. (Though if you really want to find out, I can almost guarantee you’ll figure out why by reading through this thread).
First of all, please take a look at what descriptions I have in the stat screen. Try to have specific questions rather than general in these regards (because these are sort of in a flux state so the more specific question you have, the better answer I can give). Secondly: as previously mentioned, this is a very small portion of the game. There are some opportunities for stats and relationship increases with Lucifer, but stats are not a primary focus in the prologue. The prologue and the first couple sections will outline your character so choices like weapons and wings are important to defining your Gabriel and do have stat changes but they don’t lock you into a certain playstyle (however, playing a character that is at odds with their chosen weapon will be harder).