SoS: The Mortal Coil (WIP)

I’m not at all offended! Just unsure of if my intention came across through the various deceptions.

Bit of miscommunication here. I would never take that scene out completely. It has to happen. I was trying to say that the host is a bit meta because it amuses me and dreams are funky weird things anyways, and, at least to my way, it pokes fun at the whole setting of preferences that is fairly blatant (and has to be lest there be confusion.) I appreciate the feedback about the host, and I may very well remove it in the long run, but that means restructuring the scene and that’s not where I want to spend my time right now, because the scene isn’t as critical as other ones.

Ramiel straight-up lies to protect Gabriel if Gabriel knows. He’s not going to implicate them.

I get what you’re saying about Gabriel then countering his words by giving away information that supposedly they don’t know. The Council doesn’t believe Ramiel. That’s what the whole perjury speech was about. However, it seems that it’s not clear about that–Gabriel either tells the truth (because they’re candid) or tries to fudge along with Ramiel (deceptive). There is no crime in knowing about the fae tribe. The intent is that Ramiel is saying Gabriel knew nothing about the Nephilim, which Gabriel can still contradict. I’ll take another look at these, though I’m sure I’ll probably miss something. There’s a total of 256 variations for the trial scenes.

They’re good suggestions and I appreciate your feedback :+1:

No, it cannot be moved to later. It will be explained later, but for now Lucifer could not approach Gabriel like that were they in Heaven.

Maybe. But frankly, archangels don’t really care about that too much. It’s not their responsibility. That’s what lower angels are for. I will take a look and see if I can clarify that, however.

Scythe would be cool, agreed. I am not adding more weapons. There are already eight, and the variations depending on them are quite time consuming to write. Adding yet another weapon is not an increase in scope that I think is necessary.

I may have died a little reading some of those screenshots. The dynamics are quite interesting. And it has now sparked a trend in the discord. Oh dear. Impending chaos.

Tis a shame. #Sinday is a weekly all day occurence, however, and if you even wish to submit something but cannot make the time, please do (perhaps with a note so I do not contrarily delete it.)

And here is how we educate Michael to use his words to be specific. Else… well…

Oh? I admit I am curious to see which of the disaster children have revealed their natures too much up-front.

He would be most pleased to hear that.

It is a perfect song for them.

As for the bit in the spoilers tag; I don’t think I’ll change it (but then again, who knows) as the only way the Council will declare Ramiel safe is if the children are innocent. So ever if you are sure they will be little balls of insane destruction, you have to think of them as innocent–or at least convince the Council of that.

10 Likes

Sees tumblr post about breaking up with the RO’s whilst also being deep in the relationship.
Me: haha… how dare you do this to me. (Ignores post in it’s entirety)

17 Likes

There are some horrible angst gremlins lurking here and in the discord. Between that one, the Gabriel death, and Gabriel cheating asks…

27 Likes

We have a #fluff-cloud channel now for all our fluffy needs though~ :kissing_closed_eyes::two_hearts:
I wonder who these angst gremlins you’re talking about are? gg

4 Likes

The Karyn and Stephanie one hit me hard :sob:

3 Likes

Time to make your own fluff tbh because the angst is strong

3 Likes

Honestly, pretty much every one of those break up scenarios hurt me physically.

5 Likes

They were definitely interesting to read.

This. is. lit.

I literally can’t, @Dae-kalina you have magic hands. Writing is on point and I am dying for the next update. Got me sitting here at 12am shook with this story!!!

11 Likes

“What he said”

1 Like

There’s always tumblr and the discord. DK has been doing in character asks and ficlets that get posted there, and they’re always great (except when they’re heartbreaking).

The holy trinity of angst: the infamous break up ask, Gab is dead and the everyone has to deal, and last but not the least if you want more pain then try Gabriel dying in the RO/family member’s arms and having to hear their last words

/bows out

20 Likes

God I absolutely hate those??? “Dying in Daniel’s arms” is definitely the worst for me… Especially since my Gabriel tried to kill him and then didn’t want to have anything to do with Daniel, didn’t like him and shit. And Daniel was afraid of him. It took a loooong time for them to start getting along and even longer to develop some father-son relationship. When I think where they started and where they ended up (“I want you”) , it breaks my heart. I really want this scenario to be in-game tho. I love angst.

1 Like

I’m new to this game–I just found it today and played through the demo instead of working–and am in love with it. Awesome job so far! I love the story and love romance aspects better than any other game I’ve found thus far.

But now I see the word angst in the post right above mine and fear for my life… Is there more info on this game and where the story is headed than what was in the demo (I can comb through the 1777 posts but if someone answers, that’d be great).

2 Likes

in here

3 Likes

Run! While you still can!

But if you do go, get some water to stay hydrated.

3 Likes

I’m seriously hooked after the demo, though. I’m hoping it doesn’t all turn out dark and miserable. I’m not a fan of unhappy endings and misery. There’s enough of that crap in real life, lol. But damn, the story is just so engaging. I couldn’t stop and had to get all the way through the demo.

1 Like

Hmm, in regards where the story is headed, maybe some of these posts on the plot outline might be helpful :slight_smile:

What’s going to happen next:

Flashbacks and some plot outlines

Project Plans

4 Likes

Hey heeeey, welcome Chani!

Yes, seriously, go through the tumblr. A lot of it is pretty angst-heavy but there is a lot of information about the game in general, as well as info on ROs (even those not in the demo) and even ficlets :slight_smile:

In addition to the above, as far as the ending…
SPOILERS IF YOU CHOOSE TO CLICK
spoiley spoiley spoilers

1 Like

@Phoenix_Wolf Thanks for the warning! Unfortunately, I tripped on my way out. Think I sprained my damned ankle… guess I can’t run just yet. :expressionless:

@Lychee Thank you very much for the links! I’ve already started reading them. I wish I had found this game sooner!

@paragontethras Don’t take this the wrong way, but I love you. I’m a spoiler whore from the lower levels of hell. I read the last chapter of a book before I read the prologue, if that tells you anything, so spoilers are welcome in a huge way. Thanks!

Now I’m off to read more on tumblr and find those ficlets…

3 Likes