SoS: The Mortal Coil (WIP)

Seems the codes wants to be loved too

6 Likes

ā€¦someone may have forgotten to take out the testing stuff. Oops.
Iā€™m gonna go fix that.

2 Likes
this

Youā€™re not here as an archangel. Youā€™re here as a criminal. Until you have a clearer handle on the situation, itā€™s best to keep your mouth shut and watch. @{(emotional>50) Itā€™s hard, given the mix of emotions youā€™re feeling right now, but itā€™s best for everyone.|Thatā€™s the way you prefer it, anyways. Keep calm, analyze, and donā€™t let anyone see how youā€™re feeling.}

You focus on maintaining a calm facade,@{(emotional>50) well aware thatā€™s not your area of expertise.| an old habit that suits you well in situations like this.}

1 Like

Thereā€™s one more after that for the fae encounter

Both of those should be fixed (testing remainder and multireplace fail) on both versions now. Thank you both!

Hello! Iā€™m currently playing through the latest update, and Iā€™m currently reading the Fae scene. When it comes to the point where we share our thoughts about the statues to indicate our sexual preferences, the option for being exclusively attracted to females is missing. I have attached a photo so you can see where Iā€™m experiencing the error.

2 Likes

I kinda thought that happened because my Gabriel had stated interest in Ramiel?
Who is not female.

Oh, you have a point there! That definitely could be why.

@oddfog
If youā€™ve shown interest in Ramiel, the option is supposed to be hidden. So if you said any of these options:

• #Pull back. Iā€™m not sure what my feelings are towards Ramiel, and his touchiness only confuses things.
  • #Lean into his touch. Iā€™m not sure of my feelings towards Ramiel, but his touch is comforting.
  • #Pull back. I want to be more than friends, but Ramiel seems oblivious to my feelings, and his free touches cause more pain than comfort.
  • #Lean into his touch. I want to be more than friends, but Ramiel seems oblivious to my hints. So for now, Iā€™ll take what I can get.

You will not have the opportunity to be exclusively interested in females. Because overall preference is set after your past attraction to Ramiel, I did this to avoid variables that would conflict with each other.

1 Like

Hello! That definitely makes sense to me now, thank you. However, I also did not receive the ability to say that I am only interested in physical relations. Is that also because of my choice in that scene? I chose to let him touch me even though I was unsure of my feelings.

Thanks for bringing that up!

It is at the moment, though since youā€™ve pointed it out, Iā€™ve gone back and changed that (it will only fail to appear as an option if you are in love with Ramiel. Being unsure will now allow you to select that you are aromantic). I havenā€™t updated the demo with the change, as Iā€™d like to make some more revisions first.

Itā€™s mostly because the addition of physical attraction vs emotional attraction (do I want to bang and/or am I in love with them) came after the original scene where Ramielā€™s past was set. At first there was only one variable to keep track of, not two. There are no setters for being physically attracted to him at the moment; I will likely go back and alter those choices to make it flow better. Iā€™ll probably push a patch tomorrow where the choices are revised to look more like below (where the first one is romantic feelings, the second is desire to be physically intimate)

• Pull away/lean in youā€™re in love with him (romantic/???, will remove the option of being exclusively interested in females)
  • Pull away/lean in ??? (maybe/maybe, will remove the option of being exclusively interested in females)
  • Pull away/lean in no romance but yes bang please (will not lock options)
  • Pull away/lean in good friends (no effect later)
  • pull away/lean in why doesnā€™t he just leave and never come back (no effect later)

So Iā€™ll add in two options and likely tweak the wording of the others, as well as assigning a few more variable where it fits. Iā€™ll also go back and modify the choices in the fae village so that more Ramiel specific variables are set versus just the global ones.

13 Likes

I suggest that you make dashingdon the main version of the game, or make sure the non-dashingdon version uses the most recent choice script version with the settings menu to change foreground/background colours

1 Like

Amazing story cannot wait to see where it goes from here.

As for any bugs i found this during the trial scene while playing a female mc

You focus on maintaining a calm facade,@{(emotional>50) well aware thatā€™s not your area of expertise.| an old habit that suits you well in situations like this.}

Here are the typos I found

Summary

1 Like

@Dae-kalina I think the current way the game lets us select sexual orientation and whether to be romantic if the MC does not accompany Ramiel just seems suspicious. I would suggest there should not someone inviting us to dream but that the dream just happens on its own.

It would have been nice at the trial to have the choice to just remain silent. If the MC does accompany Ramiel, then Gabrielā€™s strategic defense of Ramiel implicates Gabriel in knowing more about the situation than had been admitted.

I hope we will also get the option when dealing with Daniel to feel sympathy for his circumstances and being willing to protect him from Michael without implying that we want anything at all to do with raising him. Protecting a child from murderous demons and archangels is not the same thing as volunteering to raise him.

Here are some typos in the latest version.

I find a variety representations attractive, and these are fine pieces of artwork.

I think it should be variety of representations.

You would also love to know who is feeding them their information. They are woefully misinformed. Of course, Ramiel doesnā€™t respect the distance youā€™ve tried to put between the two of you, so it isnā€™t an entirely unexpected misunderstanding. Nevertheless, if youā€™ve been dragger here because the Council thinks you are complicit, they are going to be woefully disappointed.

It should be dragged.

ā€œI admit I left with Ramiel this morning, but I can back incensed. While I did not know the true extent of his actions, I knew upon entering the fae village that there was something out of place.ā€ Summoning a tear would probably go unnoticed by most of the Watchers, so you donā€™t bother with that bit of theatrics.

I think it should be came.

Itā€™s a nice fantasy, but thatā€™s all it is. You donā€™t plan on proving his innocence. You can barely handle proving yourself innocent. And after he presented you with the woman he had slept with, you arenā€™t sure you if you want to tell him.

I think it should be either you or if you.

The screech of metal on metal draws your attention back to the Watcher. ā€œWE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU HAVE YOUR OWN MOTIVATIONS. HOWEVER, THIS IS ASSIGNMENT HAS BEEN GIVEN TO YOU BECAUSE OF YOUR INVOLVEMENT. IF YOU WISH TO SEE YOUR CHARGES DROPPED, YOU WILL REMEMBER TO WHOM YOUR LOYALTY LIES.ā€

This word should not be there.

1 Like

Bit of code weirdness going on below

Summary

4 Likes

Fun update! I enjoyed the council scene and seeing how the government of Heaven operates. Just curious, what kinds of angels make up the council and how are they selected? I think it kept talking about Watchers, so I guess I am wondering what exactly they are as well. To be honest I do have some lore questions
What is the main difference between the two Fae courts?
What are all the types of angels and what are their roles?
Back to the update, I liked how you had the one guard angel express her views on the council deliberations and it helps further personalize the angels and how they are living creatures, with their own hopes and dreams, if a bit bound by duty. Also, considering that based on some things I have seen on the Tumbler, it seems that Ramiel will end up fallen, which makes me worry about his kids. Also, would love to see more of Heaven! I love the world building with the multiple Gods and planes of existence. It is always great to see people make some fun, mythological stuff out of Biblical materiel, which is far less done as opposed to the Greek or Norse Gods!

3 Likes

Well, maybe you could do something like the author of Unnatural did where once you finish the game you get a code which you can enter before replaying and it could unlock those scenes? You could include the extra scenes with the price of the full game instead of putting it behind a pay wall, and then there would be added replay value to see those POV scenes in game without spoiling anything for a new player.

5 Likes

@Dae-kalina
Found another typo relatively early on:

He should work on his speed. You can hardly fault me for be fast and accurate enough to eliminate single targets with precise strikes of Holy Fire before he can, you say, idly sending your Grace into your dagger, watching as the tip starts to glow like molten metal.

Be should probably be being, I think?

1 Like

Could have a scythe as our weapon or is that exclusive to other creatures

1 Like