SoS: The Mortal Coil (WIP)

Um, could the videogame discussion go to a different thread?

Subject Change! What’s with all the runway-ready Lucifer fancasts? For the embodiment of sin and corruption, he seems awful pretty. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think it has something to do with the idea of (pre-Fall) Lucifer as ‘God’s favorite angel’ (IIRC, I believe it was Milton who popularized the idea of Lucifer as a paragon.) SOS contains something of Pre-Fall Lucifer as a paragon as well, seeing as he is described at one point the game’s text as, “…the brightest among his fellows…” And people tend to think of the ideal Angel as beautiful/model pretty (blame the Renaissance for this one, lmao!)

There’s also the idea that the embodiment of sin and corruption is handsome because Satan is the ultimate tempter. After all, people are inspired to commit sin due to temptation. I’m sure Satan can tempt many a soul with charisma alone, but attractiveness tends to augment one’s arguments.

On a more personal note, I like to think that God (or at least SOS’s God) created Angels to look like the Platonic ideal of a human (think in the style of the hyper-realistic Hellenistic and Renaissance sculptures.) Hence why Angels look runway ready. :wink:

16 Likes

And here we have on the runway wearing the seductive battle armor by “fallen from grace” it’s the latest angel line and I must say it’s so tempting it’s almost sinful…look at him So heavenly and it will only cost you a low price of a war with dad.

3 Likes

The Platonic ideal of a human is a skinny white dude? :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Lmao! Certainly not, more like the Platonic Ideal is somebody with a six pack who doesn’t skip leg day. (IMHO, this goes for both male, female, nonbinary, and everyone else regardless of where they find themselves on the gender spectrum.)

3 Likes

I’m sorry if it’s kinda derailing the topic but I think you can use emulators for PSP games since they are kind of impossible to get a hold of at this point.

1 Like

Lucifer is the ultimate tempter. Being good looking comes with the description.

And Gabriel’s good looks have to come from somewhere!

7 Likes

Makes sense. Biblically, Lucifer was supposed to be the brightest and the most beautiful of Heaven’s angels before he fell. And then there’s the juxaposition of everyone expecting him to be monstrous when he is in fact, beautiful.

3 Likes

Wasn’t he supposed to be the “morning star bearer of light” and the first angel love by god most of all until his rebellion. I think he was also supposed to have exemplary musical aptitude among angels thus all the songs about that sort of thing.
Sucks for Lucifer.

1 Like

I’ve always preferred the idea of angels being bizarre looking, utterly alien creatures. Wheels within wheels, covered in eyes. Chimeras with four wings and four faces. Way cooler than handsome shiny bird-people.

2 Likes

I do not know how legit ‘canon-ish’ these are but there are many angel hierarchy charts to keep track of their appearance, title and importance. The chimera ones, that you’re talking about, are called Cherubim :slight_smile: . Lucifer, in his angel days, was most likely a Seraphim.

3 Likes

Of course they do! Will we find out who the other parent of Gabriel is?

So, lokidemon007 how is the story going for you, what do you think about it?

1 Like

Which story? I have a few going.

Oh, the story is call The Mortal coil.

a few might have referred to him as a Seraphim or Cherubim But never outright named him.
A few referred to him not (Again not directly) as either but as a Archangel, just like Gabriel, and Michael were, as they were supposed to be much closer.
None of it wants to Directly state what he was but regularly he was a Cheif angel, or Angel of great influance, wich a archangel was Translated as Chief angel.
of course this is all Dae’s story so it doesn’t really matter.
Edit: Archangels had Higher status but Not higher class than the Seraphim…

I definitely agree! Handsome shiny bird people really don’t compare to the alien grandeur of hovering, burning wheels covered in eyes (and it certainly explains why Angels generally had to preface their meetings with humans with something close to, “Be not afraid!”)

But for what’s written in SOS, the angels that we have seen so far are human-looking, so it’s sort of fun to imagine characters like Michael and Israfel as flying fashion models, lmao. Even so, my fingers are firmly crossed that we get to meet some angel characters that look like wheels within wheels or multi-winged chimeras!

@Dae-kalina actually answered this question in her blog (WARNING: it’s not spoiler-free) right here

2 Likes

I know who dad is for Gabriel but who is mom?

she hasn’t been introduced…