Sordwin by Thom Baylay

Absolutely brilliant game.

But not without sins.

Here’s a couple of things I’ve noted:

Zrzut%20ekranu%20(15973)

Zrzut%20ekranu%20(15991)

5 Likes

@KJM Thank you! That was really useful.

If anyone else has any more similar feedback, it would be really appreciated. Otherwise I think I’ll take the Beta offline soon.

@selpuku & @Inessy Haha! It’s a fun idea. I actually thought I already included something like that but I’ll double check as it might be a code glitch. That said, Captain Winter would not respond the way you think. :wink:

5 Likes

I just want to add that being able to choose “I’m saving everyone in this town because I’m awesome like that” made me so glad. A lot of times you’re forced to be, either an ass who doesn’t care about anyone but themself, or the selfless martyr who loves every living creature on god’s earth. Because I’m cliche, I enjoy playing MCs that are a bit apathetic, but I can’t for the love of me be mean to NPCs remembers breaking Herald’s leg and giving him the the-reason-you-suck speech most of the time anyways. So saving everyone, while at the same time saving face too, was great. Everyone, more stuff like those options please thank you.

12 Likes

Oh man…loved EVERTREE, love this, love you, apparently. :wink: Keep writing, please. #FanForLife

6 Likes

Not quite finished, on the last chapter, but have to say that the romance was nicely done <3 I had been groaning at Dandy the whole time but his sudden jealousy at Winter made him actually emotionally vulnerable for a second! And then I was suddenly alone with Orion and argghghgh the angst!

Good job! And no faults with the actual game mechanics for me so far.

6 Likes

Hi Everyone,

Just to let you all know that this Beta Test will close on Friday morning (GMT). I’m hoping to submit the final version to HG in the next two weeks so the current estimated release date for the final version is Mar/Apr 19 but that can obviously change a lot!

Thank you to everyone who has provided feedback and error reports. It’s all incredibly useful and you’ve all helped to make the game better. I’m eternally grateful!

21 Likes

I believe adding a save function would help in the beta testing. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Sordwin has finally been submitted to HG along with fantastic original artwork by @selpuku :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thank you to everyone who has helped to make this happen. Crossing my fingers for a Mar/Apr 2019 release :crossed_fingers:

36 Likes

Congratulations!

5 Likes

6 Likes

Hey all,
Just checking in with everyone! The game is now on the list for 2019 and getting its copyedit. Hopefully that will mean a release in a few months but as always, don’t quote me on that :wink:

In other news, I spent the weekend coding the character upload/creation for book 3 :smiley: I’ll make a new thread for that once it’s a bit further along but I was thinking I might run a competition for the opportunity to name/design one of the NPCs. There are 5 characters I need to create and thought it might be fun to let the community help!

So just gaging interest, would people be interested in the chance to put their personal touch on the next book? The competition would likely involve fanart/fiction for The Evertree Saga. :relaxed:

So if you would be interested, please let me know with the poll below!

• I might enter because I want to name a character in Book 3.
  • I might enter to get more exposure for my art.
  • I might enter because competitions are fun!!
  • I might enter because I like to do fanart/fiction anyway so why not? :stuck_out_tongue:
  • I probably wouldn’t enter but I think it’s a good idea.
  • I probably wouldn’t enter. I’m not interested in competitions.

0 voters

Okay, that’s all :slight_smile: Thank you everyone for your continued support. See you all in the thread for Book 3 :smiley:

15 Likes

Congrats :grin: The world and characters you’ve created are so charming and even though the first book was great, book 2 quickly turned into a favorite of mine :heart:

Sign me in for the competition :wink:

4 Likes

I think ‘charming’ might be my new all time favourite description for this world and the characters, haha! Thank you so much! :smiley:

13 Likes

Dandy certainly epitomizes charm. :wink:

5 Likes

Will Evertree Inn be updated with save feature or it already is? :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Innovating as always, Thom! This is a great new way to engage the community. Much appreciated!

3 Likes

Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out my poll. I’ll leave it active in case anyone else wants to share their thoughts on the idea but overall the response is pretty positive! :smiley:

So it looks like I’m running a competition! I’ll make a proper post for it when I set up the thread for Book 3 but if anyone wants to get started early, this is my plan.

What is the Competition?: Share your fan works for a chance to name a character in Book 3 of The Evertree Saga.

How do I Enter?: Submit some form of art that was inspired by The Evertree Saga, either to me here on this community, or to my email - evertreeinn [at] gmail [dot] com.
I’m going to leave this pretty open so that people can enter in their own creative ways. It could be a drawing, a painting, a photograph, a costume, a poem, a short story, a comic strip, a piece of music, a diorama… literally anything you can think of :smiley:

How will it be Judged?: There will be five winners. I can’t say exactly how I’ll judge it but it will be a combination of the skill, effort, entertainment and originality of the entries.

What are the Prizes?: The winners of the competition will be able to help in the design of a character in Book 3 of The Evertree Saga. Details to be finalised but this will include choosing a name, race, and framework for a personality.
For everyone who enters (top 5 or not), I’ll send a personal thank you and you’ll get the opportunity to ask one question about the Evertree Saga (though obviously I won’t answer any big spoilers :wink: !)

When is the Deadline?: Probably some time around the end of February. I’m going on a writing retreat at the end of March so it would be good to have all the characters planned by then!

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. This isn’t the official start of the competition but I’ll probably get that up over the weekend so feel free to make a start if you’d like to enter :smiley:

19 Likes

You’re quoted.

8 Likes

Just FYI, the save feature is now being rolled out for Evertree Inn!
Time to get back on it and save your perfect playthrough ready for Sordwin! If it’s been a while and you have any questions for how to overcome any tough sections, feel free to ask them on the Evertree thread and I’ll do my best to answer them for you :wink:

T x

14 Likes

Time to romance Dandy for the 40th time

17 Likes