Slammed! (Spoilers)

Choose to oversell when Sagramore wants to squash you. It’s reminiscent of HBK vs Hulk Hogan Summerslam match of 2005, where Hulk refused to lose to Shawn Michaels, so Michaels oversold his offense, bouncing about the ring and flipping over the ropes and such, to “make him look as strong as he wanted.” It’s a pretty funny match and a pretty funny scene in Slammed! as well.

5 Likes

THANK YOU SO MUCH for explaining this! (It was driving me nuts.) And I’ll definitely try out overselling Sagramore! :smiley:

2 Likes

I didn’t chose the oversell route … i chose to force Sagramore to have a good match and he allows me to win in the end :wink:

The Summer of Punk would make a good story … and the way the fans force a “Face Turn” of the heel will be interesting , but most likely non-fans won’t understand why fans will Boo a " Face "like Cene :slight_smile:

That also make me wonder how The Elites under Kenny Omega and Young Bucks manage to turn a notorious Heel stable into a Face faction :slight_smile:

I’ve pretty much done it all. Forcing Sag to have a match and him giving us the win was probably one of my favorite moments in any COG story. It was just so well written.

And I’d love to see another Slammed! Maybe the Daniel Bryan story where we get a career ending injury mid-game and have to work our way back. That would be fun.

2 Likes

On the current development … I am pretty sure Alexa Bliss is somehow reincarnation of Evelyn Ecstasy, I meant in term of their physique where Bliss simply couldn’t handle the heavy schedule and she is injury prone , i do admire how she chose to involve in wrestling when clearly she shouldn’t … hence it is true that for someone who has a passion in doing something, they really meant to do it …

In term of selling , NJPW did it to the extreme where some of their matches could really did long term neck injury … the matches involving Ospreay and Omega were just insane …

Speaking of IF there is another future Slammed ! , Cascade match with someone like Undertaker would be fun :slight_smile:

EDIT:
@SenorBurrito
Hey buddy, as fellow wrestling fans… i believe you already witness the arrival of All Elite Wrestling (AEW) yesterday right ? :-):sweat_smile:

AEW is really a BIG surprise in this new year of 2019, and it perhaps is the revolution of Wrestling where Slammed ! is looking upon in its story … Finally Wrestling is going to be alive and less boring . fully anticipating the cross promotion of this new Titan company with establish promotion like NJPW and Dragon Gate …since the Elites came from NJPW and Pac is still Open the Dream Gate champion of Dragon Gate , the development in wrestling scene is totally living up to expectation of Slammed !

2 Likes

I don’t know Man, Vince thrives on Competition. WWE was it’s best during the Monday Night Wars. When Impact was a big threat in the late mid to late 2000s we got some of the best wrestling, storylines and overall company work from the E. And I think AEW is not gonna be a free agent kinda deal, I am sure Cody and Crew are going to sign everyone to exclusive contracts so Dragon Gate and NJPW won’t be helping hands they’ll probably end up being AEW rivals just like WWE. Either way, I’m definitely gonna watch AEW because can you really call yourself a wrestling fan and not atleast check it out? And Imma keep watching Raw to see how they change their product with what could be the biggest wrestling related hit to their ratings looming.

2 Likes

Well… Cody and Young bucks are much more experienced in the wrestling circle and they already make good connection with everyone else …so i believe they should run a very practical Promotion that is aiming to co-operate with everyone else…

In case you haven’t notice, PAC aka Neville had shown up and carrying the Open the Dream Gate title with him to challenge Hangman Page , hence i don’t think he could do that without consensus from Dragon Gate … which would indicate some sort of teaming up :slight_smile:

The big news everyone is waiting for is the announcement of Kenny Omega and Kota Ibushi at the end of January ( where Kenny’s contract officially end with NJPW) , it will be interesting to see on the development, especially NJPW and ROH has an ongoing events soon …where the Elite might show up, hence the speculation that they already team up but play on a plotline to give everyone a surprise :slight_smile:

one more thing i read is that AEW plan to recruit wrestlers from OWE , which is actually a sign to show that they aren’t going WCW route of overpaying all veteran wrestlers , SCU and Jerricho join as a mentor and veterans role …with multiple rising stars teaming up is indicating they aim to start wrestling from the roots…

One more progressive move was announced by Brandi , where male and female wrestlers will receive the same amount of paid salary based on their grading , which is an evolution :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m surprised at the amount of JJ hate sometimes, but it means the character is well-written. Whereas I saw (and acted it) as an unrequited love story the entire time, that ends in a fight, then ends with them working all their “issues” out.

2 Likes

Haha… i don’t hate JJ, because when i receive the love of Evelyn , i didn’t have a place for hatred in me anymore , :-):relaxed:
On the bright side, without JJ’s betrayal i won’t had touched by Evelyn’s truthfullness and sacrifice… the scene about how she took every on screen opportunity to reach out for me is just so touch, not to mention when she came and watch my match in that independent promotion and bargain for me to go back in that main promotion …it was just so Wow!!! JJ brought out the best in Evelyn…

In one playthrough i reconcile with him and beat him in the main event… but i refuse to save him in my 2nd playthrough just so i could challenge solidarity for the championship… you know how a true wrestling fan feel about holding the title belt right ? :-):grin: and putting the belt on my wraist is like sipping from the Holy Grail…

I had just read about WWE 's Clique ( shawn michael, triple H, kevin nash and scott hall) madison square garden curtain call incident where all of them broke the kayfab and embrace together as faces and heels to the crowd as farewell for Nash and Hall leaving the company … it was so emotional when watching those footage of video clips , where it was forbidden to break kaybab lile that in WWE. At least MC and JJ were allow to reconcile and i can feel the same emotional approach :-):sweat_smile:

Edit : After watching AEW’s All Out, i have decided that this will be the theme and Swagger entrance for the team of me and JJ . Lol :-):laughing:

3 Likes

Slammed is one of the first games I bought from choice of games it was an incredible game for someone who absolutely did not like wrestling. And the romances are good and the story is always interesting.

6 Likes

I played it too recently, it’s really one of the best games around! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

So I’m trying a female wrestler for my second playthrough (I give the game a 10/10) and besides JJ is there any other romance option for a straight female wrestler (Unless JJ also get gender flipped?)
Unrelated to my first question but what choices get a wrestler into a romance with Alex Dobbs?

1 Like

Agreed. I ignored for awhile because who the heck wants to play a wrestling game? I like wresting, but pretending to be a wrestler? Why?? But people were mentioning it some of the ‘my favorite whatever’ threads so I figured what the heck.

Really glad I did. It’s a blast.

1 Like

Hey, pretend to be a wrestler do feel great , we don’t have to act like a conventional muscle head, in wrestling we could play our role as a fun loving show boat to entertain the audience and enjoy the cheers .

Just like my video, the tag team of Angelico and Jack Evans from AEW had drawn massive interest from their techno music and “the swagger move” , which many had start to mimic their move based on youtube comment

JJ is the same gender as the MC. If you’re a straight female your only choice is E since they will be the gender the MC is attracted to. Madison is a possible RO but she’s always a girl

I’m not sure about Alex tho.

The only romances in the game are Evan/Evelyn Ecstasy, Madison and JJ; Evan/Evelyn depends on your sexual orientation, Madison is always available and JJ is if you choose to be homosexual.

I read that Alex is sort of RO too, there will be story with her even though we can’t continue the relationship

1 Like

Per the author himself;

The relationship with Alex is one of mutual benefits or rather, a means to an end, in my honest opinion; despite promising us our revenge with JJ, the reality was she wanted to set up a circumstance whereby she could get the title off Solitary. Of course, I suppose she appreciated when we played by her rules or something like that going to that lead up (that screw job, I think (?), for example) and she is ecstatic if we are able to beat Solitary after turning the match into a work (least that’s what I remember from playing this once upon a time).

3 Likes

I remember reading somewhere that if the right choices are taken when dealing with Alex and you beat Solitary (might have to be after convincing him to do a match instead of a shoot) during the scene after you get the belt it allows yo to pick an option to tell Alex you have feelings for her.
I don’t know if it’s true, I’m just saying what I read

1 Like

Huh, I’ve seen the post you are referring to. In any event, I’ll let @Urban explain. I’m going from what I remembered and what the author had said earlier. I was going to tag the author as well (also realised he has a new account) but it appears he hasn’t been on in almost a year so I don’t know if it’s a good idea to tag him.

1 Like