Slammed! (Spoilers)

@Ryocchi I like your theory. I did like that line, and his response to it, that you chose a strange time to start the music up again. It seemed a little odd, that he’d have that again in there, an acknowledgement that it had been there in the past, and perhaps without the accident they’d have got together after that college fight. But JJ’s hopes and dreams were shattered there.

I did reread the Evan stuff yesterday and that scene when he speaks about what you’d need to give up to be with him, to be seen as being in his shadow was touching. I think that all three of the love interests were good options. They were all interesting people, different from eachother.

And when Evelyn’s heart is broken if you choose Madison instead of her, and she cries out about how it wasn’t meant to be real. I was surprised that she didn’t get revenge-engaged after that. Poor Evelyn being dumped on tv.

@Fairygodfeather Yup! even if only hinted i believe that JJ transforms from obsessive enemy into devoted boyfriend, when they are having dinner in MC’s parent’s home he says JJ makes sure that he always eats ad everything, it was just a little line XD but I really liked it ^^.

And yes! I forgot to speak about Rio but even if she was a girl, I really liked her backstory and personalty, I would have have dated the character if it were like Evan and could become a boy depending your orientation XD, but oh well ^^ I still love Evan with all my soul, there’s chemistry from the moment they meet and i love how their story plays, how they support each other through the reality show, how evan seeks desperately for you and I love there is an option to offer to ditch everything and go with him to see his father, you couldn’t go but i loved that the option to offer was there, that’s is what i believe is the highest flaw (unless someone correct me) but you never learn anything about Jasper besides his obsession with fighting you, I’ve read that the very story is woven around the fight between MC and Jasper, but for being one of the very main characters I think he was not fleshed enough.

Ah, I misremembered. Funny, I could have sworn it said something to that effect.

The closest I saw going over it again was that JJ “never seemed interested in anything outside of competition. You didn’t even know for sure if your best friend was straight, gay, bi, or what. Whenever you’d bring it up, Jasmine would act like it was the least important thing in the world.”

@Ryocchi I think Jasper is obsessed with wrestling. I never actually got that he was an enemy, or at least not always, in every playthrough. But we can agree to disagree.

You do get hints of who he is, he fought bullies, he was willing to cut off all of his friends and family disappearing completely. I think the largest hints are those in the kayfabe heel path. He does a lot of charity work, visiting dying kids. He lives in a RV most of the time and he has a husky named Lobo and it’s his neighbours he asks to look after his dog. I seem to remember a few other bits and pieces but I’d need to check.

Yes, I loved that option too.

@stsword Aha found the quote.

“You reminded yourself that this was what he wanted. JJ had always been a fierce competitor, conflict and competition the only idols he worshipped. During one of the few times that he’d spoken of romance, JJ’d said that his ideal partner would be one that could go toe-to-toe with him. No question about it, JJ would come out swinging.”

I’m sure that wasn’t always there.

@FairyGodfeather That’s actually one of the things I put in after your comments during the Beta. Remember how you were saying something to the effect that you wish you’d known that JJ wanted you to confront him about his betrayal after the final fight? (I think you initially figured not saying anything would be the better option.) So I tried to make JJ’s combative streak more obvious…

@Chikiamco Oh! I did somehow miss it on my replay until I went searching for it. I think it does help with the characterisation of JJ and to make his love of conflict more obvious without just outright saying JJ loves conflict.

And yeah I did, I figured not saying anything to him at the end, just forgiving and forgetting would be better. But JJ is contrary and all for the conflict, and for some crazy reason likes you more if you confront him, if you keep things real, and if you don’t pull your punches with him.

Although it does also tie in with what @stsword is saying. “One can certainly interpret JJ’s action as their version of a courtship, slap slap kiss slap slap, or in this case slap piledriver kiss clothesline uppercut.” :slight_smile: Which still makes me laugh to read it. Now I’ve no idea if that or Heroes Rise’s Black Magic’s idea of courtship is the craziest.

@fairyGodfeather never played heel so I stand corrected ^^.

Is there any way to convince Evan to let me visit his father with him?

@Ninjasplaycardgames2 No. If you did that it would mean giving up all of your wrestling hopes and dreams and he won’t let you do that.

You know what would be a nice option, an option to video conference Extasy’s father or something.

Sure you don’t have time to visit in person but it is the 21st century after all. I mean if we have time to pretend to kill JJ’s dog we ought to have time to video chat with a dying guy.

Oh and thanks for finding that quote, I was sure I saw that somewhere.

What was he dying of? I can’t remember. I’d disagree with you though, @STSword. He should be spending his time with Ecstasy, his family and his friends. Video-conferencing a stranger he doesn’t even know shouldn’t really be high on his priority list. That’s even assuming he had the energy to do so. And what would you say to him? “Hey, sorry you’re dying, btw I’m sleeping with your son… can I get your permission to marry him so we can stop living in sin?”

Ack okay not that. I actually liked that we never got to meet him. I think the only way we could have would have just been turning our back on wrestling and walking away. But wrestling was important to both Ecstasy and his father.

@stsword @FairyGodfeather

While it was nice to be able to offer going with Ecstasy, a video call would be nice, but I think having the option to put a message in one of your promos I’m sure Ecstasy would have been keeping an eye on your TV shows and it’d have been nice to be able to return the favor so to speak.

Hey @chikiamco, how many awards are there ?

@MIGhunter Fifteen in all, although there are a set you always get if you make it to the end: Best Feud, Match of the Year, Best [wrestling style] Wrestler.

Did you forget that EE’s father is a huge wrestling fan?

And meeting the family is a milestone in a relationship, you can’t claim it’s not serious when the PC has a wedding ring in their pocket at the end of the game.

@Stsword

My main issues with the idea of a video call is that when my own father was dying the phone calls we did have were extremely short, and he was disorientated during them, especially towards the end. He barely had the energy to speak to me, I don’t think he would have had any energy for a stranger who was video-calling.

Also Ecstasy does have a family, the family that raised him.

As for a shout out, well I thought Ecstasy was being private about things, so nothing more than saying you’re thinking of him.

@FairyGodfeather
I did everything you told to romance with JJ. Go home, win final challenge, keep keyfabe high (66%), save JJ from prototype but “All I want is you” choice is still grey. Is there anymore condition I should know?

@Tyrfall You wouldn’t happen to have gone the kayfabe face route (didn’t bring up your real issues with JJ in Chapter 10) when playing on an iOS device would you? There’s a bug in that route that the latest update fixes, but it’s not live on iOS yet I think. The only requirement for that choice to be selectable is that you not have a love interest. (Kayfabe is also immaterial for the JJ romance – if ever, a low kayfabe helps because it allows you to take the real face route.)

Other than that, I can’t see why – I just checked the code again, and the fix for the kayfabe route is there, so that bug should be squashed, so if you’re playing the latest version on a non-iOS device, let me know and we’ll try to puzzle it out.

1 Like

@Chikiamco Yes, I played on an iOS device, I think I tried low keyfabe before and it still grey. Both low and high keyfabe game that I played I was nice to Evan but didn’t pursue romance, I turned him down and we didn’t become couple before acting couple with Madison. I chose gay as gender so romance with Madison is impossible.

It’s very great game, and I love romance scene with Evan, he’s good guy so I feel a little sad every time I turn him down.

@Tyrfall I feel sad when I turn Evan down too. It’s like a knife twisting, poor Evan! He’s so nice to you, he comes to find you, he’s there when you need him.

Did you keep things real with JJ? Or choose to be a villain. If you take either of those routes is the bug still there.