Slammed! - Improvements (small-scale) Wishlist

@Lys There is an ending with JJ beyond the kissing in the main ring. It’s really difficult to get though. You trigger it by going home. I may have got really frustrated when I played through the game and managed to miss any sort of ending with JJ the first time I played through by making one wrong choice, and the only reason I knew about the going home thing was I looked at the code.

I would like an extra flirt option in there with Alex (was it?) However I can see why it’d really complicate things, since it might require an extra ending added so it’s a bit more work than a minor improvement. I think I remember reading that she was actually originally intended to be a romantic interest but that changed.

I’d have also liked to have flirted with Solitaire, even if that one ended up in me being rebuffed. (I think I mentioned that in the past though).

@ FairyGodfeather

Oh, I now remember…yeah, you have to visit your sister.

As for Dobbs, I wouldn’t expect a full romance (too late in the game for one), but maybe a throwaway line of “We might pursue this later…” or Dobbs saying, 'We really shouldn’t mix business or pleasure." (And yep, Alex was his/her name)

@Lys / @FairyGodfeather - Ah, rats, I got to this late. My deadline is the 23rd, so I’ve already submitted the new version. I sent in a revised version of the post-Solitary-win scenes with the flirt options you requested, but not sure if they’ll make the cut in this version.

It’s cool @P_Chikiamco

Heck, I would consider it a victory to make me care about a wrestling story :wink:

Patch is pushed everywhere. Steam version is supposed to be released on the 30th, but don’t quote me on that.

I’m going through Slammed, and I think there may be a problem with getting the “Be very, very mean to a child” achievement. I assume it appears when a kid comes up, and wants your autograph when you are a heel. I just played that sequence, but nothing popped up.

@Lys Isn’t there a part in Slammed where you get to visit a make a wish child’s house, as part of being a Heel and terrorise him and his family all in the name of good tv? Could it be there instead?

1 Like

@FairyGodfeather You are absolutely correct (I just tested it, and it popped up). It completely slipped my mind. Now if I can just figure out the Super Kick one. Ah well.

Oh I loved slammed! I’m not big on wrestling(prefer UFC) but I really really loved slammed.

This likely would not happen but can you make it so that after you see Jasper start beating your friends from back home instead of going to your boss you leave the venue entirely, find JJ somewhere and just go to town on him with a shovel or whatever blunt object you could find.

It’s too large to be put in now but I can’t tell you how much I would’ve loved that scene. Actually you know what take the shovel to JJ and your boss. That would be my favourite ending lol

Damn! That sounds funny, brutal and heartbreaking all at the same time. I didn’t get that part in my play though. Looks like I need to play it again to see if I can get that path and find out how I feel afterwards…

1 Like

Something minor, but in the text, you have this line:

“I’d believe the lady if I were you,” says JJ. “She’s scary when she’s angry…” “Oh, this is rich. I couldn’t have planned a better ending.”

You see Paul Prototype step on to the scaffold, behind JJ, applauding loudly.<<

You might want to make the “Oh, this is rich…” line a separate paragraph. As it is, it runs against what JJ says.

There is another problem. With these choices, if you play as a female, it acts as Dame Sagramore is male in the third choice:

Since this is a fight, not a match, you don’t need to worry about pacing yourself for the crowd. You decide to do as much damage as you can, as quickly as you can, starting right now.

1. Go after her back with a backbreaker.
  2. Go for a power move.
  3. Strike him in the back.
  4. Kick her knee joint.<<

Additionally, I love the additional ending you put in if you romanced JJ :slight_smile:

Achievement questions:
Just three achievements I seem to have trouble getting (and part of is that I may not have encountered the others depending on choices):
Best For Business: Make a buck off a mark. (5 points)
Botch Watch: Contradict yourself in an interview. (5 points)
Super Kick Party: Gain the Super Kick, and keep it. (10 points)

1 Like

Sorry, I already sent the update out a few days ago – it’s why the patch is already out on Android. Also, since JJ is in your hometown and you’re likely in a different State entirely, there’s no real way I could make it so that you could go to JJ directly.

Besides, the point of this part of the game is to get you angry at JJ so that the much delayed fight between you is that much more satisfying, if you take that route. I’m glad that the “getting you angry” part worked though :smiley:

Thanks for the formatting/typo heads-up :smile:

Glad you liked that ending! The two more are for a few non-romance outcomes, JJ+Griss+You and a JJ+You without having chosen to go home in Chapter 8.

As for the achievement questions:

Best For Business - You need to be male, and have a high promo skill, and select the appropriate option during the fan encounter at the pub.

Botch Watch - You need to say something to the effect that “the numbers don’t matter” in Chapter 5, then say something later on to the effect that you’re happy someone is gone because that means less competition for you.

Super Kick Party - You need to join the Skull Basher promotion in Chapter 8, choose to be a masked wrestler, then keep that finisher when you return to the GWA.

Best For Business and Superkick Party lmao. Awesome :smiley:

1 Like

You have me very interested.

I love this game but I wish you could go for different heel personas. Maybe a cold (Randy Orton) type obsessed with revenge at all costs, or maybe a mouthy (Chris Jericho, The Miz) type who “turns on the fans because they turned on him.” I imagine that one would probably require a good bit of promo ability but would be very fun.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)