Sionn's Children Pt 2

Ah this is one of my favorite WIP games on here I’m glad its back on track.

Welcome back! I’m excited to know this is being continued, it is after all one of my favorites.
@BlueOwl358 how do you check out the code?

@12lexy12

There was an old thread explaining how it’s done, I’ll try to find it but it might take some time.

Edit: http://www.choiceofgames.com/forum/discussion/1385/how-to-see-other-games-code#Item_7

Yay! I’m so glad you’re back. I love this game. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve played the demo. :smiley:

Thanks guys, I appreciate the welcome back. :smiley: I’m glad that enough of you liked my story enough to stick with me during such a long absence, haha.

@BlueOwl358 Thanks for linking the old thread, that’s probably something I should have done in the first post. In regards to your question: In the very first draft I posted of Sionn’s Children, the choice of colors for your war cat was purely aesthetic. The choice had no affect on story or stats. Some people who read the draft complained about having to make a meaningless choice like that.

So I thought about it for a bit and figured that I could add a stat bonus to the choice, and then I would be able to randomize a starting player’s stats a bit. This is very much like the choice of your character’s maker in Choice of the Vampire. One of the things that I’ve been thinking about off and on over the last few months is giving the choice in color, and keeping the stat change, but making it clear that the choice will affect the player. I haven’t worked out the best way to do it yet, but I’m hoping some trial and error will help me out there.

I appreciate the error report as well! I will work on the bug as I re-learn the coding for the game (I forgot most of it). :slight_smile: As I recall, this was a common error that a lot of people reported, so there’s something pretty wrong there. I’ll try to get it fixed as soon as I can. Luckily, this bug is almost at the end of the demo, so players aren’t missing much because of it. :wink:

Welcome back, I actually found out about your game a couple weeks ago, and I loved it. I was disappointed when I found out that you were gone, glad that you’re still working on it.

Glad to see that this will be continued. Very good so far :slight_smile:

I love the game so far as well but all of a sudden a weird thing…this:

7*temp suspected_attacker

line 2: Non-existent variable ‘suspected_attacker’

came up right after you are talking to your dad about you becoming the heir and then you go to sleep. Some one help :frowning:

Yup

@kanani40 and @ghostface22 This is the same error that BlueOwl358 mentioned. :slight_smile: This is at the very end of the demo and I think it’s showing up because I got sloppy and didn’t direct players towards an end message for the game. Sorry for the confusion! But you’re not missing any content because of this error. :smiley:

I am glad to see life brought to this wonderful work.

it has been sent back until it’s task is done

Sooooo happy this is back

I miss this game, a great one

@Shssay First of all, YAY! I’m very glad this is back, looking forwards to more! :slight_smile:
Will there be romance options in this game? I hope that there will be.
Good luck with this and I hope your work continues smoothly. :slight_smile:

@Kitty9 Yes, there will be romance options. :smiley: So far, I have two romance options planned out for each gender. Taran from the demo is one of them. The others haven’t made an appearance quite yet. :wink:

@Shssay I’m glad Taran is a romance option, I thought he would be but I didn’t want to say anything and then you have no intention of that whatsoever. :stuck_out_tongue:

Okay, quick update for everyone:

I’ve finished re-reading everything I’ve written about Sionn’s Children and I’m getting familiarized with the code again.

After the council scene, the story branches out into three different threads, one where the PC is named Torquil’s heir and is ambushed in the middle of the night, one where the PC goes to fight the Ranald, or one where the PC goes to fight the Onchu. Out of those three threads, I only have one written out (mostly >.<). That is the thread where the PC is named heir and later ambushed. So I still need to write out the encounters with the Onchu and the Ranald, both of which are completely different from each other.

These three threads eventually lead to an end scene for chapter one of the game, where the story converges…more or less. There will be differences depending on which thread you got after the council meeting.

So, long story short, there’s still quite a bit of writing left before chapter one of Sionn’s Children is done, but I should be releasing updates as each of the remaining scenes are completed. Unless there are further questions/comments/bug reports you probably won’t hear from me again on here until I’m ready to post an updated demo. :smiley:

Can anyone post a new link pls

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/98762006/dfabulich-choicescript-5e65b01/web/mygame/index.html

^There you are. :wink:

Update: I think I found the cause of the error code that so many people reported and managed to fix it. I still have that chapter off-line though. I’m tinkering with a few things.