Shepherds of Haven (WIP) (DEMO UPDATE: 3 Aug 2021)

Over on the Shepherds of Haven discord I posted two pieces of fan art, and I figure I’ll post them here too.

The first one was just me messing around with microsoft pain. Its a little banner thing of each of the Diminished races.

Diminished Banner

The second one is fan art of Lavinet, It’s my first time actually doing something like this, and I’m pretty okay with how it turned out!

Lavinet

The idea behind the image was that Lavinet takes a romanced MC to a soiree to introduce them to high society (and probably show them off a little). The night is cut short due to an Endarkned incursion, and Lavinet is not thrilled about it.

13 Likes

I love @JMH’s work so much! :sob: The Diminished Banner is even the background banner on the mobile tumblr now, haha!!

@wings-on-earth has also shared some fabulous art:

Her MC

cog_mc2

The Archdemon

archdemon

The Autarch

autarch

Shery

shery

Chase

chase_sexy

:heart_eyes:

22 Likes

Always nice seeing fanart, especially one done with a :heartbeat: and I jus had to take another peek at the character art. Kudos to the author, whomever they are.

Which made me wonder: what happened to the original novel?

And … Will there be illustrations in the game? 'cuz that would be awesome :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

The original novel(s) is a series of about… ten or so books? They’re just sitting on my computer, though it’s been years since I’ve looked at all of them–I will probably fix up one someday after the game is done! :laughing: It would have to be all new characters and timeline, though!

There will be some illustrations in the game! :slight_smile: I have eight character cards that will be unlocked in the game if you max out a relationship with their respective character! They look like this:

I would like to complete the final four (Shery, Lavinet, Mimir, and Ayla) and the original artist who did the other ones is up for it, but at the moment I don’t have the money for them! That’s what the Ko-fi is for: I hope someday we can reach the goal and have the complete set! :slight_smile:

And I’d like to think about more illustrations here and there too, but we’ll have to see what there’s room for! :laughing:

23 Likes

That card is beautiful!! I love extra additions like that. It’s the icing on top of your already amazing story-cake! (It’s so good that it also brings back the salt I feel about my love Cullen not getting any card variations in DAI, especially for a romance…:disappointed: But I digress.) I’m so excited to see all of these in game. Especially Blade’s :eyes:.

7 Likes

Thank you so much, @VenusHeart!!! Blade and Tallys’ cards are my favorites, they’re so beautiful—but maybe the someday-future-ladies will steal the show too!

And ugh I’d forgotten all about that Cullen mess! he was my husband and he deserved different cards of his own! I deserved to be rewarded for my flirtations!!

12 Likes

Cullen got robbed. Considering his omnipresence in the series, it makes no sense why he got the treatment he did. First he was at the Mage Tower in Origins, then he was at the Gallows and involved in a few side quests during 2. Finally it’s Inquisition, and our boy is looking handsome, and we get the romance we got? And the card never changed? Blasphemy. Not to mention, his romance, and Inquisition’s romance in general, has more than a few core issues. In this essay I will ----

2 Likes

I believe Cullen’s romance was a late in development thing. When the game got delayed like 10 months they added Cullen and Solas as romance options. Which I think is the reason for the missing Tarot art. Not that I mean that that’s acceptable however haha! They could of patched it in if they just didn’t have the time before release.

Guys as much as I love to talk about DA, we must steer the topic back to ShoH. Also, I know it’s a very old game but please no spoilers. I already know who will betray me, I don’t want to be spoiled any further. :joy:

Thank you.

6 Likes

is there lead-ship in the demons

1 Like

Yes, the demons are connected to (via a hivemind) an entity known as the Archdemon or the Vessel of Tapyt: one demon who houses the remnants of Tapyt and his power, because his former essence was scattered by the gods/One-God. The Archdemon, however, only has enough power to wake up if the lesser demons sow enough violence and chaos in Blest for the Archdemon to draw power from—so it’s a weird kind of symbiosis. They are driven to wreak havoc in Blest by their subconscious connection to the Vessel—and their fear of it—but the Vessel doesn’t have any power without their help.

Hope that makes sense!

15 Likes

in a modern au, how would the ROs dress?

Tumblr says fashion pictures are inappropriate content, so I’m going to post my answer here!

Blade

simple but formal and laconic clothes - for work he’d be in a white oxford shirt and a dark suit jacket, pants, and tie. for casual wear he’d probably just lose the jacket and tie and wear a white button down shirt with dark pants or jeans - and if he’s really feeling loose he’d even roll the sleeves up!
Smart-Casual-Jacket(blade)

Trouble

casual, masculine, down-to-earth clothes - a mix of pilot-bomber jacket look with motorcycle-chic?

troubleclothes

Tallys

bohemian, comfortable, practical, with long skirts or tight leggings to accentuate her long legs and crazy patterns to simulate nature!

Shery

cute, soft, oversized outfits–pastels with too-long sleeves, slightly baggy sweaters, or long skirts! slightly girlish style but very sweet–

women-and-039-s-going-out-casual-daily-cute-sweater-dress-striped-round-neck-midi-long-1035-500x500_0

Chase

funky but fashionable, sleek and eye-catching all at the same time! sometimes verging on arthouse hipster if he’s in the mood–

Riel

in public, even with friends? DARK BUSINESS FORMAL SUITS ONLY. The only time you will catch him out without one is either at the opera (tux) or at the beach.

Red

stylish and collegiate, but approachable–

Ayla

a mixture of tomboy clothing (yes, she will wear cargo pants and combat boots) and loose, flowy clothing, often maxi

download%20(4)

2980080_maxidress3

Lavinet

sophisticated, glamorous, preppy–something you might see on instagram… Lavinet would tend to wear something a teensy bit more classy and professional just to maintain her reputation as an ambitious socialite, but occasionally she’d get more dramatic!
images%20(3)

download%20(5)

27 Likes

Wow. I never knew clothes could be so terrifying. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

…then again, I understand why Tumblr decided to do this against such potential frights. Turtlenecks make a human’s neck disappear, belts constrict your waist, tank tops reveal that you have ARMS:scream:

5 Likes

Halek and Mimir by request!

Halek

punky, sort of british-or-j-rocker grunge look

Mimir

[no words to describe]
220px-Black_lolita

12 Likes

Thanks to some very generous donations on Ko-fi, we now officially have enough funds to commission one character card!

The ones still left to do are Lavinet, Shery, Ayla, and Mimir: which card should I commission first?

• Lavinet
  • Ayla
  • Shery
  • Mimir

0 voters

If we can reach the 100% goal on Ko-Fi and get all four ladies’ cards done, I’ll let you guys pick which one to show off here (out of all the characters available)! :slight_smile: Thanks again everyone for your support: it really means so much to me! :sparkling_heart:

kofi

11 Likes

Thanks to the great, the supreme, the wonderful @Djone1, two more character cards have been funded!!! :scream: Ayla, Shery, and Mimir will be commissioned! Thank you so much for your generosity @Djone1 and all those who donated! If possible I would love to have a special thanks for you in the game’s credits–PM me if this is something you would like!

15 Likes

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH 9d180fcb-3093-4bac-b497-11cf9ae9b31f 4402c7ad-2a0b-4f53-8515-984dbe41d1f8
UnrealisticFilthyBullfrog-size_restricted

(Thank you to @TropicRayder for putting us over the edge!! And everyone else who donated, you’re all incredible!! We can finally have all Shepherd cards now!.. it’s like a dream!!!)

THANK YOU EVERYONE!

Whose card do you want me to spoil as a reward?! :stuck_out_tongue:

• Blade
  • Trouble
  • Tallys
  • Shery
  • Chase
  • Riel
  • Halek
  • Ayla
  • Red
  • Lavinet
  • Mimir

0 voters

13 Likes

Congrats on reaching more than 100%

On the side note, hope Blade will win this poll!!

9 Likes

Wait, “spoil” as in “show”, right? :worried: Not as in “make bad”? :fearful:

3 Likes

Yes, “reveal” instead of “deface”! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes