Shepherds of Haven (WIP) (DEMO UPDATE: 3 Aug 2021)

Lol! It would never happen: she’s too calm and he’s too fiery! :sweat_smile: It’d be like mixing fire and ice together! :joy: All damp and no spark!

3 Likes

Finally read (the fic) I feel so bad for Hinori :sob:
I wouldn’t mind interacting with them in the main story too lol

This is shameless but I’m interested in seeing a F!MC with Chase or Red lol orz

2 Likes

I couldn’t help it, lmao, I added them to the main game… they appear as cameos a few different times and MC can even decide their fate as Commander!

I have a half-finished fic in the wings about Lavinet being super nosy about F!MC’s relationship to Chase, only to discover things she’ll wish she never did…! It’s essentially a rom-com crack fic, haha!

8 Likes

Yay! This makes me happy! :joy:
I hope we can help Hinori be with Blade if we choose to :upside_down_face: yes I realize this is selfish too :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Ah, sorry, this part won’t happen, lol!! :joy: :sweat_smile: Blade either ends up with you or no one, lol! The same goes for all other ROs!

And Hinori is with Alize in the game lmao!

9 Likes

As it should be!! Blade/MC for life yo. Forget everyone else! People need to stop trying to take Blade from me okay :sob: :joy:

4 Likes

I love it, lmao! :laughing:

Also:

CLOCK

I added a clock to the day off system… I’m so proud even though it’s so extra… :sob:

34 Likes

It’s nice to see small extras like that. :smiley:

4 Likes

Clock is dope as hell tbh :fire:

2 Likes

2 Likes

Thank you!! Just more shiny extras I’m hoping to polish the game lol!

5 Likes

I have just read it. It’s splendid, I forgot that I was reading a wip and when it came to the end it was ¨What!?!! OMG!! NOT NOW!¨ xD I’m a little dramatic some times xD
The fact is that you write very well and the ideas you have in both books are very interesting!! Congrats!!

2 Likes

Wow, thank you so much, @Freja! That means so much to me and makes me really happy! :hugs: Thank you for your support and encouragement!

To everybody:

We’re approaching 800 followers on ShoH’s Tumblr, so I’m hosting another Ask a Character day (Blade and Chase are eliminated from being chosen again)! You can vote here:

Vote

15 Likes

Y’all out there best vote for tallys. I’m watching you. image

10 Likes

Ayla … that all :neutral_face::neutral_face::partying_face:

1 Like

I am now the three thousandth comment!

11 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m still hard at work finishing Trouble’s route in Chapter 1! (So many branches… :deciduous_tree: it really gave me a lot of trouble but I definitely see the end of the tunnel!)

I do have a question for everyone: I was going to leave it up to the alpha readers but I’m still not anywhere near opening alpha testing yet–

I’ve decided that I want the MC’s heritage to have more of a bearing on their appearance, so that a stranger looking at them right away can tell they’re both a Mage and at least part-Elf, Hunter, Ket, whatever. However, this means some canonical appearances being set: an Elf MC would have pointed ears, a Hunter MC would have a streak of white in their hair (you still get to choose their hair color, of course), and… I’m not sure yet on what their Ket or Norm lineages would look like. I’m thinking tall and proud of bearing for Ket, golden-skinned for Norm? If you have any suggestions, please let me know! I’m not going to ret-con world info on everything too much for this, though!

Anyway, the bottom line: would you be okay with having one small aspect of your appearance “locked” for the sake of having the heritages be more relevant to the story? (For example, Halek will be able to tell right away that you’re part Hunter by the streak in your hair, or Trouble will comment on your ears without you having to talk about your background with anyone.)

I’d appreciate any comments, but here’s a poll for anyone who wants to vote instead of answer:

• Yes, give me pointed ears or a badass streak in my hair!
  • No, let me control every aspect of my appearance.

0 voters

(Please keep in mind that I may just do whatever I’m going to do anyway, but I want to gauge people’s general feelings on this first. Thanks!)

27 Likes

@rinari would that also affect the interaction with other people? For example Ket MC and Blade would connect easier or at least the MC would understand more of him?

1 Like

With Blade, the effect is more minimal because he’s antipathetic towards his Ket heritage, so it won’t guarantee that you’re closer, but it will unlock new dialogue with him. For other characters like Shery, Riel, Tallys, Halek, and etc., it will also open new things for you to talk about!

14 Likes

Could there be a choice if we’re part elf because I really like playing a human mage raised by elves?

4 Likes