Shepherds of Haven (WIP) (DEMO UPDATE: 3 Aug 2021)

Aww, thank you and I’m glad you liked them! Of course you can save them, I don’t mind at all. :blush:

4 Likes

What gave you plan to make Shepherds of haven :thinking:

. I used no magic

Being powerful enough to kill an Endarkened is enough to get you executed in the Autarchy, whether you used magic or not! :stuck_out_tongue:

I love interactive fiction, so I was messing around with ChoiceScript and decided to see how converting an already-existing novel would go, and once I started, I couldn’t stop! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Um, @rinari?

The ask about Lavinet and Sherry’s reactions to the scenario…why is Tally mentioned in the tag of it? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Oh, oops, sorry about that! :sweat_smile: I corrected the mistake!

Unless… Tallys and Lavinet are actually the same person? :scream:

5 Likes

Holy crap, Tally is actually a half-elf with Norm origins! Lavinet is the other part of her personality when she has to deal with too many noble Norms! :scream:

I never expected that plot-twist at all! :joy:

3 Likes

Lol! They both hate each other because they can’t accept they’re actually one and the same person! :joy:

Also everyone, check out this map of Haven that the wonderful @rosemary_and_sage created for my birthday! :sob: Isn’t it incredible?! :star_struck: Thank you again! :heart_decoration:

31 Likes

That actually was a plot-twist in one of the video games I played before. The prideful daughter of a elven mayor believed for a great deal of her life that she was pure elf and was never all that keen about humans in general. But as the player bonds more deeply with her, an event ends up happening where both she and the MC discover that she is actually a half-elf; her father had fallen for a human woman and she was the result of that joining. He did not know how to talk to her about the matter since he did not want her to feel out of place among the elves and wanted her to be proud of who she was, but that ended up backfiring a bit on him because it created such a disconnect on the girl’s end in regards to humans).

Nice map, BTW.

2 Likes

WoW I found out about SoH only now and I am LOVING IT! Thanks for your work @rinari I’ll follow this WIP closely! This is AWESOME! :smiley:

2 Likes

:heart::heart::heart: I’m glad you like it Rinari! Happy Birthday! And I love your WIP, and all your characters, though you already know that.

5 Likes

Reminds me of the layout of Kirkwall. Suspect…

2 Likes

@Okami-Nora which game was this?! It sounds great!!! :eyes:

Wow, thank you so much for your kind words, @Simon_Tremelay! Your comment truly made my day, thank you so much for enjoying ShoH! :pray:

And I love you and yours, @rosemary_and_sage!! Thank you again! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

It’s from an old DS game called Avalon Code.

The basic plot of the story is that the world as it is now is reaching the end of its time and a new one must be made to take its place. The MC (boy or girl; you choose the gender) ends up being the person in possession of the Book of Prophecy (along with its deadly powers and four elemental Spirits), giving them the ability to change the core of objects and perform miracles. But their main purpose is to record things of value in the current world to carry over to the new world …at least, that’s what seems to be the goal at first. But something dark lurks under the surface of the current world’s chaotic state.

The character I was talking about is Sylphy (she is also one of the 7 females the Male MC is capable of romancing).

6 Likes

@Okami-Nora Whoa! I actually had this game on my list of games to play but never knew it had such interesting storylines! :star_struck:

I don’t have a DS but hopefully a remake or sequel will come out on something I can play on!

7 Likes

That’s so cool!

I will warn you though, the gameplay and story-telling can get a little…rough in some spots. :sweat_smile:.

I would love to see the game gain a sequel or a remake. This game did experiment with a good deal, but didn’t always explore a number of them fully; I always thought it’d be great to see a more polished entry enter the picture.

(If you ever need some idea about code combinations or some tips on the play, I don’t mind sharing. Literally still have the papers of game play notes on Avalon Code :laughing:).

2 Likes

Hooked!

I loved your Apex Predators @rinari !
But I must say this is also great.

Sorry for my impatience, but just give us an update, pretty please! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

cough emulator cough

3 Likes

Aha, thank you @xvr96williams! I’ll do my best! :smile: I’m very happy to hear that you like Shepherds as well, as it’s my main baby! :sparkling_heart: I can’t promise that a public update will come anytime soon but I’m plugging away at it every day! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Me and Takashi joking of a ship of Trouble and Tallys :kissing_smiling_eyes: