Shepherds of Haven (WIP) (DEMO UPDATE: 3 Aug 2021)

how do you think will win fight Inquisitor vs Shepherds

2 Likes

If the Inquisitors are as mighty as in Warhammer , Inquistors will win

4 Likes

I got say Shepherds now how they pick there members ,equality and not caring if you got magic and gifted

2 Likes

Anyways, I was kinda curious. Does the Consortium field an army? Coz I thought the Shepherds and the Vice Guard are the police.

2 Likes

With their skills, I do think the Sheperds could win against them. But I would love to see a clash between the Vice Guard and the Inquisitors.

2 Likes

At first I thought the bottom picture was of a madam hellsing

2 Likes

Well …Van Helsing was kind of an Inquisitor himself right ? :wink:

3 Likes

i guess you could say that in a way…

2 Likes

how life going for you

1 Like

Hi everyone, I’m back in town and I have some news!

News #1 - Alpha Testing

Semi-secretly, Chapter 1 was actually (98%) completed a few weeks ago and has since entered alpha testing. We are now into Chapter 2 and have just met Chase and Riel!

However, there is still some work to be done, so the public demo will not be updated until these chapters are more polished and complete.

Which brings us to News #2

News #2 - Patreon

Yes, that’s right - I made a Patreon!

While the public demo of this game won’t be updated for a little while, you can see the alpha build content early if you’re either an alpha tester or a Patron! There are also important polls and artwork already in place, along with a host of other nifty rewards to come, like early access to the alpha, special art and character cards, goodies like personality quizzes, writing tips and sneak peeks, game development polls and short stories, and much more! Please consider checking it out! :slight_smile:

I will still of course be posting here and answering asks on Tumblr (as long as they aren’t too spoilery or NSFW)! Any support on Patreon would just be an amazing help with getting the game finished in as timely manner as possible, since any money from that will mean more time spent on the game and less spent on other jobs to support myself! :slight_smile: As I’ve outlined elsewhere, at the current pace, Shepherds of Haven won’t be completed for a long time (I’m currently only able to work on it 5 hours a week, max).

But with support from Patreon (or: for the price of a cup of coffee a month) I’m hoping to work on the game full-time and complete Shepherds by fall next year–and hopefully Apex Predators after that!

Enough support from Patreon would also mean added content that I’ve always wanted to do but wouldn’t have the time for with my current full-time job. Additional (new) ROs, more missions and chapters, and extra scenes, items, and time spent with the characters would all be made possible with your support!

Again, as with Ko-fi, no one is obligated to donate–I will get the game done no matter what–but this will help enormously in getting it finished while we all still remember it. And if you’re not in a position to become a Patron, it would be wonderful if you could help spread the word: I’m also hosting a giveaway on Tumblr for anyone who shares/reblogs the link!

Thank you so much for your continuing patience and support; I’m very grateful to this community!

Patreon | Ko-fi | Tumblr |

34 Likes

Are you looking for alpha testers?

Alpha testing is currently closed to new testers! I can add you to the waitlist if you’d like. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I would very much like to be on it. I’m a writer myself just kind of dipping his toes into maybe writing my own COG (I’ve been a fan for a while) and I often edit other’s work, so I think I’d be helpful. At any rate, I really, really, love this story.

2 Likes

this week good to be live

1 Like

Please add me to the wait list too if possible thank you

1 Like

Wow, thank you so much for the very kind comment! You’ve been added to the waitlist! :slight_smile: And good luck if you do decide to embark on writing your own CSG!

Thank you, you’re too sweet! :sob:

You’ve been added! :slight_smile:

Also, to respond to something that was asked while I was out of town…

Yes, the Consortium has an army! There are the Shepherds, Inquisitors, and Vice Guard as police: Vice Guard for mundane crimes, Shepherds for supernatural crimes, and the Inquisitors for religious and political transgressions (rooting out rebellion, blasphemy, dissent). Then there’s the Consortium/Haven’s army–the Sun-Crowned Legion–and the Autarchy’s military force across the Continent!

(Also, about Shepherds v. Inquisitors–sort of a toss-up in the beginning, as the Shepherds have Diminished powers but the Inquisitors have vastly superior numbers and some anti-Gift weaponry!)

7 Likes

Late reply obviously but joined the patreon and eagerly await the next update :wink:

1 Like

Ah, thank you so much for your support! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes::sob: The alpha link will be released on Patreon on the 7th! :wink:

3 Likes

Aaaand the alpha link is out today! :blush:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/shepherds-of-28096674

13 Likes

That the best new ever

1 Like