Shepherds of Haven (WIP) (DEMO UPDATE: 3 Aug 2021)

Yeah, what evolutionary reason exists for those kind of teeth?? What were the goose’s natural predators that necessitated them mutating teeth??

in b4 any of you convince me to add a goose option to the cat/dog scenario, geese are evil and could never be tamed by the measly likes of Caine

9 Likes

Teeth aren’t for protecting against predators. :roll_eyes: Teeth are for devouring prey… :smiling_imp:

7 Likes

@ParrotWatcher is right. Technically, they’re not teeth, but part of their beaks. It helps them grip on to food since they have no proper teeth. Like, fish, or snails. Quite a number of birds have them, actually. That part was a little terrifying to discover.

Btw, found this: goose applies to the female in particular, while gander applies to the male in particular. Young birds before fledging are called goslings The collective noun for a group of geese on the ground is a gaggle ; when in flight, they are called a skein , a team , or a wedge ; when flying close together, they are called a plump .

3 Likes

Me whenever the goose hate starts

Summary

goose

5 Likes

Oh, I don’t hate geese. I just completely realise that they are flying velociraptors and must be respected as such. :pensive:

3 Likes

Yeah, a team or wedge of small flying vicious dinosaurs deserves respect…

5 Likes

The bark knight ?
I’m shit at this, I know

8 Likes

AMAZING, BRILLIANT, YES

6 Likes

Dog: Constantly Barkingson

Cat: Knockingshitover Worthington

5 Likes

I thought that goose pic was photoshopped :scream:

2 Likes

I get back up then go back down like drunk clown

1 Like

I just played the demo and liked very much what I saw. I just have a question, how old are we? Cuz in a dialogue with Blade when I chose the flirty approach he asks “how old are you” as if we’re too young to even think about sex. And then Trouble offers to pay me a drink, I thought about accepting, but we say that we’re not allowed to drink, so does that mean we’re a teenager? I imagine myself an adult during the whole demo, but that got me confused.

1 Like

Your an adult, he asks how old are you because of the flirt option. You know when somebody says something ridiculous, he thinks the joke about his “blade” was immature. I think your not allowed to drink because you guys were on duty that’s why.

3 Likes

Thank you! It makes sense. I thought it was the case with Blade, but Trouble asked me to drink with him after training on our day off, that’s why I got confused, but probably is related to the job.

3 Likes

1- like @No_This_Is_Patrick said, he thinks the “blade” innuendo is immature

2- mages aren’t supposed to drink because they’ll lose control

3 Likes

my be in are 20 or 19 how nows

1 Like

Exactly what guardsmanlotsofnumberssaid, and o think the mc’s age is open to whatever interpretation you may have, unless there is a fixed date for what happened in your chosen background, personally I picture my MC as 30 something

4 Likes

Glares furiously
Jk

The MC was 12 at the time of the incident, and I’d say it happened a decade ago.
So it’s safe to say the the MC is in their early twenties

4 Likes

Oh It slipped my mind, but that’s expected we rarely get older mcs

2 Likes

Hey, everyone did a great job of answering already, but I just thought I’d chime in too!

I imagine the MC as being any age over 18, really: I leave it up to the reader’s imagination/interpretation! The thirteenth-birthday incident happened “several years ago” so I just picture them as an adult and call it good!

Yeah, as others have said haha, this is just Blade rolling his eyes and calling you immature basically, lol!

You had it right: you are an adult! But Mages are not allowed to drink in this world because of the potentially dangerous effects of a drunk Mage running around!

(Also: glad you liked the demo! :smile:)

Your MC can be older if you want them to be! :slight_smile: The Shepherds generally range from early twenties to early thirties in my headcanon, but it can be anything you imagine since no one is explicitly stated except for Tallys, Caine, and Prihine!

7 Likes