Shepherds of Haven (WIP) (DEMO UPDATE: 3 Aug 2021)

HOW DARE ANY OF YOU THINK TROUBLE OR I WOULD LET ANY HARM COME TO A DOG

OUTSIDE OF APEX PREDATORS

Trouble would literally let himself be killed before he shot a dog!

And Tallys has spoken with a lot of strays, but like how you learn to ignore pan-handlers bugging you for stuff, there are some obnoxious ones that she tends to give the silent treatment to. Oddly enough she’s not bothered when people kill geese because she also agrees that they’re assholes!

21 Likes

And this is yet another reason why she is my primary RO.

8 Likes

Poor geese getting a lot of hate over here! The action of geese are justified.

It doesn’t quite sound like it but the thought occurred so I figured I’d ask: can mages have familiars?

3 Likes

Wild Mages (Mages who primarily use their magic to control or summon animals) can! But rarely do nowadays due to the Castigation!

10 Likes

@rinari

I was on the part where I followed Trouble after the argument about Hal with Tallys, and when I tried asking him if he would be alright, an “error” title popped up. Does this mean that is the end of the demo?

1 Like

Hi @KristinaNRE, oops, sorry about that! I deleted some variables and achievements but forgot to update dashingdon’s version–no, the demo doesn’t end there! Let me fix and upload, I’m sorry about that!

2 Likes

It’s alright! :blush: Now I’m excited!!

2 Likes

@KristinaNRE I’ve fixed that bug and playtested it on dashingdon–I think it should work now! (You may have to restart at chapter 1 because I reuploaded the file, though.) Thanks for your patience! :blush:

6 Likes

Can we become a wild mage I wanna have a pet sssnake

1 Like

I really hope you are trying to be funny! Mage is our race not a class like D&D.

Mage is our race yes, but there are different types of magic in the world that mages can wield (some to better success than others) like our Mc @rinari has said before that we are very good at battle/elemental magic and not so great at healing magic so we could fit into the category of a battle mage, whereas in the example above a wild mage is just a mage who is better at Familial/Maybe summoning magic so they are classified as such.

6 Likes

@rinari said wild mages can control and summon animals while our race is mage there are still specialitzes

1 Like

Yes, you all have it right, particularly @Djone1: Mage is a race in and of itself, but when a Mage is formally educated, they tend to pick a specialization to be certified in (though not always). In the game it’s possible to choose what specialization the MC leaned towards in their studies, but for the purposes of not allowing the game to be an impossible chaos-monster, it doesn’t affect their magic usage too much (so someone who was Wild Magic-leaning won’t have a familiar). This is also partially because most specialized tomes of magic/spells have been destroyed by the Autarchy, so the MC never got a chance to learn them; they tend to practice more general magic because that’s all that was accessible to them!

That, of course, could all change someday depending on what world you want to build…

6 Likes

There’s also the fact that if you add a familiar for a wild mage, no one would play as any other type

4 Likes

True! Unless you only had the option to have a goose-familiar… :upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face:

7 Likes

I’d play it!

This lovely bird visited me today to tell me to tell you it's sad you all hate it's brethren

5 Likes

I look into its face and all I see are the eyes of Satan

7 Likes

I’ll get the shotgun. We must get rid of the Geese. For Tallys!

2 Likes

@rinari at this point you should add a God-Mode where if you input your MC’s first name as Goose you get unlimited WoP and everyone is afraid of you and you automatically win all encounters because be real Goose vs. Endarkened, goose wins and rules over the Endarkened from its unholy nest.

12 Likes

New Game+ = after you finish one playthrough of the game, if you play again all of the dialogue choices are just honking. Your appearance tab in the stats menu is “A goose with a ___ beak and ____ feathers.” But all of the NPCs act like you’re not a giant goose.

Tallys: This doesn’t seem like the Equalists; you don’t have any proof.
Trouble: MC, why don’t you talk some sense into her?

#HOOOOONK.
#HONK HONK?
#HISS.

Trouble: Fine then, I’ll just go investigate on my own! (storms off)

15 Likes