Shepherds of Haven (WIP) (DEMO UPDATE: 3 Aug 2021)

@GuardsmanTheMad Mind if I share your memes on the ShoH tumblr? Or you can, if you have one! :smile:

3 Likes

Wow, really ? You’d share those shit memes :smiley: ? That would be awesome

2 Likes

I LOVE THEM, THEY’RE HILARIOUS. And thank you! :smiley:

4 Likes

Here, have some more

Summary

14 Likes

Yessssssssssssssss :star_struck:

3 Likes

There’s an RRR going on for Tumblr users right now! What is that?! I don’t know, I just made it up!

4 Likes

Re blogged my request. Hoping to get pick!!

3 Likes

why can’t you punch god because it will you :fist_right::kissing_closed_eyes: why did punch my self

1 Like

Hey I just played the demo and really liked it. Something about it really struck a chord with me for some reason. I am gonna talk about it a lot now and stuff I liked to get it out of my head. I heard writers like big comments, but if you don’t want to read it all don’t worry about it.

Summary

I really loved the setting. Like it played into enough cliches to feel comfortable, but you did your own thing with them so that it does not feel stale. Like the whole technologically advanced humans vs. magical races is pretty played out, but you put your own spin on it by having unique races and lingo. Also you were also adventurous to not only have a high modern setting(a setting that is never done outside of westerns or civil war documentaries) but also try to figure out a high fantasy in a high modern setting which is really unique.

I also like what is of the story so far. It seems like the endarkened are the main baddies. Now I do not want to sound like a dick because i’m sure you have thought of this, but if we beat the endarkened but cannot fight the autarchy would kinda suck. Because fascists are the real life omnicidal crazy monsters that need to be stopped at all costs, so beating the endarkened to live a life under fascism would be kinda pointless.

Also I like really loved all the characters. Like Blade paints himself as this pragmatic practical straightforward guy and he is, but I feel it in my bones that he is also a completely internally dramatic. I feel like Blade gets pumped up and exited and intense about every thing he engages with. Like Blade thinks he is a fantasy hero on quest to save the world, because he is. Like if the player character was not here he would probably be the main character. Trouble and Tallys have not been on screen a whole lot, but I like them a lot already and I am eager to learn more about them. I also loved Sherry so much, she is just so sweet. Please say she is gay i’m begging you I want to date her so bad.

Your writing was also excellent I will not rail about it two long, but there was something in particular I wanted to talk about. You are very good at delivering vital exposition with out actually stopping to exposit. Like when you were explaining the background of the world and explaining how the fascists took over you did not stop the story to look at the screen. You mixed it with character development and interaction. When you explained how the fascists took over you did it through a conversation between the mage and Caine. You used the conversation to allow the mage to give their opinions on the world, developed Caine, and the mages relationship with Caine. It was the perfect use of Exposition and lore, to serve the story and interaction between characters. Also the choice scene was good with Trouble’s and Tally’s argument. You used to scene to introduce plot points but also to have characters explain things by giving their opinions on what is going on. Like in one scene you introduced an important plot point and developed two characters. Showing Trouble to be driven, empathetic, and having a strong sense of justice, and Tallys being calloused and seemingly bitter. What I am trying to say here is that you keep things dense and do not waste words which is good.

One thing I was wondering about the mage is that no matter what weapon is picked their skill in everything sucks. Now is this just because no matter what they pick their magic is their main weapon. Now this would not be a bad thing, because PCs need to have at least some pre-defined characteristics or skills to them so that the writer has something to work with. Also I was wondering why when I played as a hunter(I played as em first because of the quiz) You can change their eye and hair color and I did not go berserk around the demon. Also I was wondering if choice of religion was going to be important. It would be cool if you could get into the nitty gritty of religion explaining it’s role in society, and showing how the autarchy uses religion to control other people. Historically fascist used state religions and religion was key to their means of control. Romans had a sort of cult of worshiping the state. And Nazi state religion was Lutheranism. Also does are choices about religion affect us or the story. I would love if being an atheist monotheist or pagan affected stuff because I am a very religious person and I love theology, philosophy, and history. But I understand if you do not really want to get into it because not every one wants to get into it so I understand if you don’t want to focus on it.

2 Likes

Friend.

Shery is hella gay.

4 Likes

Thanks for telling me my hope has turned to joy. I’m so excited to romance her :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I’m all on board for Tallys.

5 Likes

This specifically is because the MC is not a Hunter, they were adopted into a Hunter family and community, but they are not a Hunter by blood.

Also:

We might be able to overthrow the Autarchy later, but shhhhhh, don’t tell anyone.

2 Likes

Yeah, Tallys is gonna be fun because she’s all for that ass, but you gotta get her to catch them feelings, that’s the real quest.

8 Likes

wait is tallys the horny team member

2 Likes

Spoiler Alert: They all are.

No, no, it’s just that Tallys is alright with entering a physical relationship with the MC without too much effort on the MC’s behalf (you know, provided you’re not only trying to get into her pants, you do have to woo her a tad).

Compare this to other ROs like Blade, who takes forever to admit his feelings for the MC to himself, let alone to the MC. Tallys has lived long enough to realize that dancing around the issue is rather silly when you’re both clearly attracted to each other, you know?

4 Likes

I will make her LOVE me.

Being adopted by Elves finally has it’s perks!

5 Likes

Ok she definitely seems like an interesting character ugh now I want to date her too I am useless

6 Likes

FOOL.

YOu FOOL.

I have been in this RO hell since the demo was first released!!

Now I’ve made like…four MCs so I can date all of them at least once because I have to. I even made a meme.

5 Likes

You make me glad I’m only into Women. It made picking a central RO, INCREDIBLY easy.

5 Likes