Shepherds of Haven (WIP) (DEMO UPDATE: 3 Aug 2021)

You know they had to remove that mod from nexus mods. So glad I still have my download.

4 Likes

This demo was actually quite nice, I look forward to the finished product

3 Likes

Thank you! :grin:

3 Likes

I let Cain die. No regrets. I don’t like kids.

1 Like

Lmao The gif ia a bit creepy

Even though I’ve never seen the movie fully:

Resist temptation to say the Joker’s “You wanna know how I got these scars.” speech

2 Likes

I’m also thinking of spicing up the current stats screen/trait names: right now it’s Courage, Charisma, Intelligence, and Cunning, as well as Loyal/Independent, Compassionate/Ruthless, Faith/Skepticism. But it could be…

new%20traits

19 Likes

The Marvel fan in me can’t help but think of the Winter Soldier/Super Soldier when I see ‘perfect soldier’ :joy:

The new stats certainly do sound more unique! Though I kinda feel that the term ‘free thinker’ is more related to religion, so it’s a little more specific than the broader idea of Independence per se. Maybe the name can be tweaked slightly to reflect the distinction? :blush:

2 Likes

Hmmm good point! What do you think of “Team Player” vs. “Lone Wolf”? :thinking: Does that make more intuitive sense?

8 Likes

Yes, that one’s much more clear!

Although I would still suggest that you write an explanation of the stats, kind of the way that @HannahPS has it in her WIP, just in case someone who, say has either never heard of these phrases (it’s possible) or more likely someone who isn’t a native English speaker, doesn’t quite understand them.

8 Likes

Yes these terms sound great! :smile:

2 Likes

I second @rose-court, because as fun as making stats more creative is, it can be confusing.

I mean I know that a silver tongue means that someone has a lot of charisma or has a way with words and I suspect that being lion-hearted is a synonym for someone who is brave, but I am not even sure of that. Because, for all I know, it means that someone is short-tempered.
So an explanation of the stats, no matter how simplistic, would be greatly appreciated (by me). Just so that there cannot be any confusion c:

And, indeed, English is not my mother-tongue.

Also, I do like the new phrases you use in the stats!

6 Likes

Thanks for your help and input, everybody! (@rose-court, @Cheion, and @L_M!) I’ve added a stats explanation at the bottom of the stats screen–and best of all, you can toggle it on or off! :smiley: Let me know if any of them could be clearer! :grin:

18 Likes

I like it, very clear and concise (and they even have a nice rhythm, lol).

And I especially love the toggle option! I’m not sure why I didn’t think of it, but I like it!

3 Likes

I really love the new stat names! Makes it feel a lot more idk fantasy :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thanks guys! :grin: I wouldn’t have thought of it without you!

3 Likes

@GuardsmanTheMad trained me for this day

Also, I can’t remember if I answered this or not or if it was just in my head:

Again, tattoos and scars won’t actually have an effect on your relationships with anybody in the game, but Lavinet would be okay with a scar (depending on if it’s like a sexy rogueish scar vs. a huge crazy scar) but would not be too fond of tattoos–she’s a high-class lady!

12 Likes

I will say this if your are going now me I will be cutthroat if you my boss or someone I now is doing something evil or not right so yes I am 64 cutthroat

1 Like
I made some more memes. They're shit but I tried

11 Likes

They’re not shit and I love them

(I feel compelled to note that Lavinet won’t gossip about your secrets unless she really doesn’t like you. Prihine, would, though, and not realize she was doing it!)

Also folks, working on the book has been slow-moving (12% now though! Over one-tenth done!) because I got called in for four months of grand jury duty last week. Being a grand juror has a lot of breaks and pauses–but none of them are long enough to answer questions on Tumblr or edit the book, so that’s why I’ve been slow with both! Buuuuut it is enough for me to add completely unnecessary but pretty tweaks to the game~

25 Likes