Shepherds of Haven (WIP) (DEMO UPDATE: 3 Aug 2021)

damn why am I late to this glorious conversation?

here’s my piece:

MC: it’s so funny how there are so many sides to a person in a relationship

Riel, spotting his Blade hair gel and Trouble wig: uh yes, very amusing. quite so

5 Likes

MC: Elvish greeting

“Tallys”: Quickly pulls out notes on the Elven language.

10 Likes

Does this means that the MC is trapped by a Endarkened somewhere and they’re pretending to be the Shepherds so the MC won’t notice that there is something wrong?

3 Likes

We should make a club lol.

2 Likes

Maybe the Endarkened is us, and Caine’s pretending to be everyone so we won’t notice! :scream:

3 Likes

Jokes on him I always let him and Petty girl die

Oh ouch. How could you do that? I use the god word to save both, I know its dumb but I feel so bad…

2 Likes

Cause it’s not me it’s my mc, real life me would sacrifice myself, but since my mc is not me I’m making then ruthless and selfish

2 Likes

Fair point. But I’m basically of the mind of “might as well be as nice as I can be in games”. I hate mean dialogue options so much, I can never do them, I cringe when I even think about it.

4 Likes

Using a word of power doesn’t even occur go my MC. “Use that other thing” is so vague that I didn’t know what it was referring to, so I just save Caine. Now that everyone knows about the secret word, of course they use it.

Saying that, I know that I will do a run using the word eventually because it’s already been stated that you get a reward for doing so, but I also think you could validly argue that the MC shouldn’t use a word and expose themselves, especially to save one who treated you like dirt.

3 Likes

I kinda want to play my mc as a reluctant hero, starts being a coward only looking out for herself and then she meets Blade and he gives her his martyr monologue and she’s all like wtf dude why would you sacrifice yourself for someone you just meet?

3 Likes

I just realized our backstory have a bit of Berserk in it. As in everyone we know died horribly and we saw it happen. And we seem to have some sort of demon dwelling within us. And we can choose to hate them and have revenge on them. I’m loving this even more than before now.

1 Like

You can definitely argue that! While I think you get a monetary reward for saving Prihine either way (either both her and Caine using a Word or just her without a Word), it’s always good to keep in mind that you only have a limited amount of Words total–and you’ll be faced with the choice to use one or not multiple times throughout the game! So not only is not exposing yourself a worthy thing to consider, but it’s also a matter of not wasting any/running out for the important stuff. :stuck_out_tongue: Or deciding not to use any at all!

6 Likes

It’s just hard to let someone die when you know you have the chance to save them, even if they’re cruel to you, I think. I think one could argue even if you used them all up, then you don’t have to make a choice to NOT use them later on. Idk man

5 Likes

How shepherds of Haven doing for you

1 Like

I haven’t started working on it again yet! I’m just focusing on editing my novel manuscript for now, and once that’s done, I’ll resume work on ShoH. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just fyi, the reward is money and a possible fling with Prihine :eyes:

oh god oh god

2 Likes

:smiling_imp:

There are more choices to use a Word of Power than there are Words of Power…

10 Likes

Oh, oh! I know. I’ll use one to make the harem ending happen! … No? Anyone else?

4 Likes

… I would never do well in a Harem or poly because I hate sharing.

8 Likes