Shepherds of Haven (WIP) (DEMO UPDATE: 3 Aug 2021)

And now to guess where each of the characters fit in the spectrum… :thinking:

my precious son is so dedicated :cry:

MC: [runs up to Tally’s door]
Tally’s door: [has a sign that says Gone Fishin’]
MC: Caine! You have a new mission! Help me hunt for some saltwort!
Caine: [gasp] Does it help keep monsters away?
MC: …yes, monsters of the screaming and crying variety.
Caine: [salutes] I’m on it!

My wildly indecisive MC me: [sweats nervously]

5 Likes

What is your dog’s name, tell me, I already love her

Hahaha, I expected this from the poll, but I hope you’ll be able to play it one day!

tenor%20(3)

Blade visiting the MC in the Sun Palace dungeon: What is it? I’m still trying to scrape up the funds for your bail.
MC: I have something I need to tell you.
Blade: What?
MC: You remember how Chase and I started that side business? Importing fruit from the Sesz Isles?
Blade: I remember that it was quite an unsuccessful financial venture. No one wants your grotesque alien fruit.
MC: Or do they?
Blade: What?
MC: There’s always money in the banana stand.

Dragonborn, please, I’m so hungry. I need bread… a donut… a pie…
@rose-court: YOU WILL HAVE A WHEEL OF CHEESE AND YOU WILL LIKE IT.

[Caine tugs up his sleeve to conceal his chronic eczema.]

3 Likes
I have three dogs! Laika (a chihuahua mix with...idk), Buzz (a German Shepherd/Labrador mix) and Scotty (he's...something).

Pictures under the cut because I love sharing them!

Laika (sometimes we call her Rat Face)

Buzz

Scotty (Buzz and Scotty are pretty much joined at the hip. We’ve mixed up their names so often that sometimes we refer to them as a unit, Scuzz.)

I mean, I will I’m just…going to have to do a couple of Trouble playthroughs afterward to make myself feel better. :sweat_smile:

E V I L

Guard: NO TOUCHING.

YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND.

I had something like forty hours on my playthrough when suddenly my file got corrupted somehow idk man, all I know is that my children glitched out of existence, and all that was left of my homestead were three-hundred wheels of cheese.

I couldn’t just leave them there.

So…my Dovahkiin ate wheels of cheese instead of health potions…

:cry:

Goddamn, I’ll take the fall, I don’t care. I’ll get my son his ointments even if the other Shepherds think my MC is a trollop which, to be fair, she will be, considering how indecisive I am.

%5Bteared%20up%20fist%20pump%5D

This scene won’t actually exist within game…but it’ll exist in my heart.

4 Likes

images%20(2)

Huh same thing happened to me, except it was 1000 hours, suffice to say I needed a new screen after that.

And now to contribute something to the topic

Blade: okay, the healer’s bill this month is very expensive, apparently someone’s been using anti pregnancy spells

MC:

Summary

unnamed%20(12)

5 Likes

Ahhh thanks for sharing, your doggos are so FRIGGIN CUTE I hope you squeeze them and crush them with love every day! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: I love the unit name of “Scuzz” hahaha!

WTF? I would have been so mad haha, that never happened to me even though I played about 300 hours? Which version were you playing?

JESUS IMAGINE THE BREATH

speaks Word of Power to make everyone forget about all of this

6 Likes

MC:
images%20(3)

6 Likes

Also,

PSA: I’ve put the demo link back up, you rascals!

I really was planning on leaving it down until I could implement the changes I wanted and put the new version up, but that won’t happen for a few months at least. And since I’ve been more active here than I thought I would be… I thought it’d be nice for people to get at least a taste for the writing/world if they’re curious, even if the version right now will be altered in the future. :slight_smile: For example, weapons abilities will change their role, and characters will no longer “train” the MC in their preferred weapons (I felt that this added too much favoritism towards certain characters, as you would necessarily have to spend time with them just to get better at the skill). I’m still overhauling the system so can’t speak to how it will look in the fall, so just keep that in mind if you’re reading the demo for the first time! Thanks and enjoy!

@kirakana @Isabella_Taylor (In case you want to read now :slight_smile:)

19 Likes

A thousand daisies-covered thank you.

Going to jump right in.

1 Like

Can I train with my romance option though?

1 Like

In the new system, if you’re training your strength, magic, or weaponry on your day off, there’s a random chance your strongest relationship could pop in and join you, yes!

10 Likes

That’s nothing, I once had a dragonborn named chad who survived on potatoes and skooma

2 Likes

I like this a lot! no more choosing between romance options and proficiencies

I can now devote all my time to romance.

8 Likes

I didn’t mean that kind…:wink:

1 Like

I read that as “Can I train my romance option thought”. What does that say about me? Don’t tell me. Let me have my dream, kk?

So can we teach them tricks like “Fetch?”

8EvvvJt

Special endurance training, please and thank you.

Yay, I’m glad you’ll like the change! Yeah, I had to think to myself–man, what if someone wants to be a master gunslinger, but hates Trouble? So I’ll be reworking that so there’s more freedom! :slight_smile:

giphy%20(2)

6 Likes

These are gonna help immensely…

3 Likes

Is hating Trouble really possible though? :thinking:
Is that a thing humans are capable of doing?

5 Likes

Yes I don’t like him.

Me, an intellectual:

Summary

270px-SR-item-Skooma

1 Like

I thought I was the only one thinking that for a second That’s actually why my MC’s name is Robin. :sweat_smile:

I take it you might be preparing for the Three Houses in Spring?

Everyone better start practicing their poker faces then. :joy:

Thanks for the insightful information.

Though since you mentioned how all of this is prior to the Castigation, does that mean the children born from such relationships may face some difficulties with either side in the present day? What about the couples themselves?

Interesting to hear. Do the Hunters know why this happens or are they just as baffled as everyone else about the matter.

2 Likes