Shepherds of Haven (WIP) (DEMO UPDATE: 3 Aug 2021)

@rinari @rose-court

MC is named Kratos now.
I’ll even train Boi to and waste my incredibly important words.

4 Likes

This is just…so PERFECT!!

I’ve been wondering what was the issue with “Boi”… Now I know… XD

3 Likes

Say a Word of Power so that his name was always Boi.

*if {caine_nick} = "boi"

Caine sighs. "I regret this already."

"Shut up, boi," you say.

*set achievement caineboi

*achievement caineboi hidden W H Y ?
      hidden

Why would you do this to him, you animal??
         Never speak to me or my son ever again. -rinari
4 Likes

a46

Give him that tough love then he grows up taking over the Norms bringing equality to all.
“KNEEL before BOI!!!”

6 Likes

Is Red gay or playersexual?

1 Like

@No_This_Is_Patrick Caine for Autarch! :fist:t2: (Also, a little late, but I love your username! :joy:)

@Morphine Red is playersexual but will also only appear in the story if the MC is attracted to men (or is asexual). If the MC is attracted to women or is bisexual, Ayla shows up in his place instead (and is also playersexual).

6 Likes

Why thank you kindly :cowboy_hat_face:
029a_-_Survival_of_the_Idiots_352

Also will Arya be a choice for our childhood friend and first kiss instead of Red?

3 Likes

hahahaha, bye Prihine

3 Likes

No, Red and Ayla have different backstories, so she was never at the Circle at the same time you were (if that’s where you were educated). She’s a wanderer, and she can take you on a separate side-adventure depending on your choices and interactions with her! :slightly_smiling_face: It’s hard to express without spoilers but a lot of Ayla’s themes deal with the future, while Red’s character is very much about the past.

5 Likes

So how soon will we meet Red or Arya?

I’m very distressed that this demo is no longer up and I cannot try it. The premise of this seems very interesting.

This is subject to change but how I have it now is:

• Prologue: Prihine/Caine
  • Chapter 1: Trouble/Tallys
  • Chapter 2: Chase/Riel
  • Chapter 3: Red/Ayla
  • Chapter 4: Halek
  • Chapter 5: Mimir/Lavinet
  • Everything else is a mystery…

@Isabella_Taylor Sorry about that! I took it down because it wasn’t accurate following some changes I made to the system, and I haven’t had the time to go through and get everything working according to that new system! I hope to have it back by end of summer :slight_smile:

13 Likes

It’s okay! I’ll live. This has probably already been answered but I’m too lazy to check: can we change our race? There are elves and such in this universe, after all.

1 Like

I think we’re always human mages and we can choose to have a background with the different races, but we’re adopted into their family.

3 Likes

Yes, it’s as @No_This_Is_Patrick said! I did at one time consider the MC being able to be one of the five main races, but there would be way too many variables involved and having spells/magical powers in the time of the Autarchy would be more impactful in the story. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ve gone through most of the thread and I may have missed something but who is Halek?

1 Like

It’s on @rinari very first post under characters.

Quoting the author:

3 Likes

Oh jeez :hushed: totally missed that, thank you!!:grin:

2 Likes

Out of curiosity (wasn’t sure whether to make this its own thread or not), how do we feel about choices defining the MC’s personality more as the game goes on? For example, in DA2, if you consistently chose sarcastic responses, your MC would eventually start to become naturally more sarcastic in cutscenes and etc. Do we like the idea of a malleable MC who starts to act in line with the choices made for them (having a harsher comment or more skepticism in a scene when they’ve consistently been more “ruthless” throughout the game; more empathy and sympathy in interactions when they’ve always chosen “compassionate” actions), or do we prefer to always have control of what they say, do, feel, and think?

(An example of the former: the MC has 80% compassion, 20% ruthlessness. Caine falls and skins his knee. A compassionate MC automatically helps him up before proceeding to the next choice (like what they’ll say to him about the fall), whereas a ruthless MC might not do anything before he gets up and starts talking.)

I actually prefer the latter but am always mildly impressed when mechanics like this crop up. What does everyone else think?

(And on a separate note, how do we feel about COG/CS choices where something happens and the game goes, “How does this make you feel?”

• Angry because x
  • Sad because y
  • Excited because z)
9 Likes

I would like to see it implemented but there should be a limit because people are not strictly black and white. An example would be a person who is serious when doing their job but when they are at home, they are as laid back. Or a strict boss but when it comes to their families and close friends were more relaxed.

I still prefer a balance between defining personality and choosing to control.

3 Likes