Shepherds of Haven (WIP) (Holiday Fan Contest 2020!) (Details on #3843)

Will there be any results of said one night stand with Prihine?

1 Like

As I said, the ending—and if you have any plans for romancing Lavinet, axe them!

4 Likes

I’m definitely curious in that ending

Hi everyone, just popping in to let you know that there will be a Holiday Fan Contest (open to everyone, from now until December 20th) running for Shepherds of Haven!

Shepherds of Haven Holiday Fan Contest

How do you enter?

• Make a fan creation for Shepherds of Haven!

• Fanfiction, fanart, or fan-anything is welcome: if you’re more musician or crafter than writer, that’s amazing! All ShoH-related creations are welcome!

• If you don’t feel like submitting a creation, you can submit a post about your favorite thing about Shepherds of Haven; a favorite character and why you like them; or something else that would be the good subject of a short “essay”!

• Post your fan creation or essay to one of the methods below!

Platforms for Posting

• Here in this forum thread

• On Patreon, either as a link in the comments of the pinned contest post or as a PM

• On our Discord, in the #haven-holiday channel

• On Tumblr (tag @shepherds-of-haven in your post or reblog the contest post with your entry)!

Rules

• The submission period will run from now until December 20th, 11 PM MST.

• At that point, all entries will be collected and posted anonymously on this Shepherds of Haven contest page.

• Voting on the entries will begin on Patreon.

• Winners will be announced December 31st.

Additional Rules

• “Steamy” contest entries are allowed, but no hardcore NSFW. This is a public contest, so please exercise best judgment!

• Light alpha spoilers are allowed, if applicable; check with Lena if in doubt.

• You can discuss the progress of your entries in our Discord’s #haven-holiday channel.

• One prize per winner.

Prizes

• 1st Prize: An exclusive, curated Shepherds of Haven gift box loaded with ShoH merchandise, character treats and goodies, and even the Official Shepherds of Haven Cookbook!

• 2nd Prize: A Shepherds of Haven T-shirt (winner’s choice of color, size, and design)

• 3rd Prize: 3 Shepherds of Haven magnets, bookmarks, or stickers, selected by the winner and sent in a special themed wax-sealed envelope

• Honorary Prizes: One to a few participants in each category (Fanfiction, Fanart, Fan Creations, and Fan Essays) will receive 1 ShoH magnet, bookmark, or sticker as a prize (winner’s choice)

• Participation Badges: Anyone who participates in the contest and submits an entry will receive a special role if they’re a member of our Discord!

That’s all for now! I hope you will participate in this fun community event and contest, and have a happy beginning to the holiday season!

25 Likes

Oh, and we’re also running a holiday raffle on Tumblr as well! If you:

1. Follow the Shepherds of Haven Tumblr blog.

2. Like and reblog this post with the tags #Shepherds of Haven and #havenholiday2020.

You’ll be eligible to win a ShoH magnet, sticker, or bookmark just by sharing this post! This raffle also runs until December 20th, and 3-5 winners will be randomly drawn then. :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Since I’m always game for any reason to go on long drawn out reasons I love someone, I decided to participate in the character contest.

If I had to choose a favorite character it would have to be Blade. I find myself envisioning him with a troubled past so I sort of relate to him on an emotional level. While it’s rare to see his soft side whenever I do I just want to grab him and hug him because he’s such a sweet man. As I recall the moment when he asked if he was wrong for scolding the two lazy guards, was the moment I became emotionally invested in him. Your writing showed the heavy burden he carries on his shoulders. Ever since then I’ve been affectionately calling him Atlas. Blade is a very emotionally complex person and I love him for it. One layer he’s a commanding leader the next he’s telling you he’d die for you. The depth of his character is astounding considering how much we know about. I think Blade is the sort of person I try to be; fair and unbending in his loyalties and morals. I love that he likes gardening and poetry since they clash so harshly with the stereotype you assume he is before you start to get to know him.

8 Likes

Thank you so much for being the first forum entrant for the contest, @K_T! Your essay is amazing and so detailed and on-point! :sparkles: Thank you again for writing it, and have a great rest of your week! :smiley:

6 Likes

Aargh, so many pages of posts.

Hello! Once I have more time, I’d like to leave an in-depth review of Shepherd of Haven but for now, I just wanted to ask if we can enter more than once? For example, if I’d like to submit both fanart and a short essay about what I like about the game, can both count?

4 Likes

Hi there, I look forward to your review of the game! :slight_smile: And yes, you are totally welcome to submit both fanart and a fan essay! I’d like to limit official entries to the contest to 5 per person, but you are of course welcome to post as much as you want outside of it, as well!

10 Likes