Shepherds of Haven (WIP) (DEMO UPDATE: 3 Aug 2021)

Soft update that I haven’t added to the demo yet:

14 August 2018

• (Updated demo not yet posted)
  • Changed the weapons system slightly to make leveling up the weapon skill more related to strength training or buying upgraded weapons than training with NPCs.
  • Changed the MC’s starting gun to a one-shot pistol.
  • Changed the magic system: players can now choose what kind of Mage they think they would have been before the Castigation (there are 9 main schools of magic to choose from). This will affect new invisible magic stats: psionic magic, astral magic, and arcane magic, which will help add diversity to spell-casting and stat checks but keep the options believably concise.
  • Added another scene where you can be a dick to Chandry.

I’m wanting to add a “legendary” tier to the weapons in the shop but for the life of me can’t think of much except a hand-cannon (a Blest version of a shotgun, lol). A sword forged from a fallen star? An enchanted bow that never misses? I need more epic.

17 Likes

Can we get a battle axe?

Unfortunately, I don’t think so! It’s already a lot of work to code for the four different types of weapons, so I don’t think I could add an axe!

1 Like

A staff using the still beating heart of some kind of dragon as a power source!

Is this metal enough?

1 Like

Dang that’s a shame.

What about this for a legendary gun

2 Likes

@Kanaya The four weapon types are a gun, dagger, bow, and sword, so a staff wouldn’t fit–but that is super metal! XD

@Regularcheese Yes, beautiful. So intimidating.

5 Likes

A sentient weapon that chooses its wielder? Sounds cool.

Also, dual wielding. That shit is always epic.

2 Likes

Yes please give me a Space Sword!
Sokka's_sword

5 Likes

But not the one in War for the West by @MahatmaDagon where everybody who touches it dies!

7 Likes

What about a sword where the blade is just extreme concentrated and condensed magic.

Hmm, I could see a sword bound with potent magical energies, but I don’t think the MC would need to buy something made of concentrated magic when they could just cast a spell like that?

1 Like

A sword that always flys back to hand no matter where you are when you can call it. Also only you can pick it up when you find to your slef with magic.
aka mjolnir. Creativity is pretty much non-existent right now
tumblr_nm7kxa9NvG1tw9yl5o1_400

2 Likes

A sword that’s actually just a portal instead of cutting things it just teleportes it somewhere else
Also can go through sheilds and not taken away

2 Likes

a sword that summons geese when used

12 Likes

13 Likes

UGH:

It’s too OP, @rinari, you can’t add it in.

5 Likes

Cock blocking sword. Once in the vicinity of horniness it crashed through the wall putting a stop to it immediately.

2 Likes

Maybe an enchanted sword that can super heat itself to cut through things like butter? Or maybe some sort of whip-sword or sword that otherwise changes shape/length?

Enchanted bow that never misses could generate its own arrows when you pull back the string, negating the need for a quiver maybe?

4 Likes

How about a talking sword ?
Could you imagine how we can get it ?

MC: so, when will my sword be ready ?

Chandry: in a few days, I just have to straighten out the kinks

Sword: I like feet

Chandry: shut up

or could you imagine this scene ?

MC: slashes with sword

Sword: that’s a lot of damage

Sword: how about a little more

10 Likes

I know… it might be an unusable Easter egg, though

MC: Whoa, what is this sword with wings on its hilt?

Chandry: EXCUSE ME UM NOPE sorry that’s too dangerous… don’t know how it got there honestly… please forget you saw that.

But we already have Caine

I like it! The “premium” sword already cuts through things like butter, but I like an enchanted bow with endless ammo!

Did you ever see the anime Soul Eater? In it, weapons are also people (like people will turn into the weapons that their partners use, it makes sense in the show) and Excalibur is like the most powerful weapon in existence. However, he talks constantly and is so freaking obnoxious that no one can stand to be around him, so even when the world is in danger no one wants to be Excalibur’s user because he talks so much, lol! I’d imagine it being like that!

MC: Hey, Blade, want to train together?

Sword: ask him how he likes to handle his sword

Blade: ಠ_ಠ

MC: i’m so sorry

16 Likes