Shepherds of Haven (WIP) (DEMO UPDATE: 3 Aug 2021)

Hahaha… yeah i agree, it actually serve as an insight on what type of person Prihine is :-):stuck_out_tongue: which i think she is a good person…

Traitor ? It should be one of the RO … i think it will be fun for a first play through, to see who is the unfortunate MC that manage to romance a traitor… how the MC deal with the traitorous RO should be the climax :wink:

3 Likes

So. I was already 100% in love with Blade just from the demo, but then I needed more (naturally) and so I went off to read a bunch of tumblr posts about him, and…now my love is over 9000. :skull_and_crossbones: rest in peace to me.

I can’t wait to see what 2019 has in store for this amazing story. :tada:

4 Likes

Happy New year 2019

2 Likes

Blade is amazing indeed. I’m scared to go on tumblr for fear of spoilers, but I’m having a hard time imagining his character getting better :black_heart: (should I go tho? Should I take the plunge??)

@rinari (a few days late but I just saw the wonderful news) I’m so happy your book is finished! :tada: Wish you all the best with the publication. Please do plug it in when it happens, if I can, you have a buyer in me.

I can’t wait to read more of ShoH tho, this WIP has been a favorite of mine since well… almost a year now. I can’t remember if I ever posted on this thread before, but if not then it’s a blasphemy that I never voiced my love for your project.

May 2019 be a great year for you and, of course (selfishly), for ShoH.

7 Likes

I personally haven’t seen anything I would call spoilery?? I mostly just look at the Blade tag or the tag for all the romance options, then pass out over how unbearably adorable he is. Like… the demo is so early on, we only get a little taste of him, but the asks let me think about what he would be like when you know him better, and especially what he would be like in a romance (my imagination is like :eyes:). It makes me so excited to see what will actually happen in the game with him. So I would just… take a quick look-see, if you’re so inclined. :rofl: I know I certainly enjoyed it, but I do also understand wanting to kind of go blindly into the game and experience it fully that way. I just have no willpower!

5 Likes

I finished this a few days ago, but didn’t share it. I wonder if you remember the Tumblr post this was inspired by…? MC’s a girl since Blade’ as straight and firmly so as his Mythas.

14 Likes

my heart xXOtakuKonekoxX you artist hope one day you make story that your art will be in :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Whoa @xXOtakuKonekoXx, that drawing is amazing!!! :heart_eyes: You captured Blade so perfectly and the scene in general is so damn cute! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Your art skills are incredible! Thanks so much for sharing, I hope you feel free to share anything ShoH-related in the future too!! :heartpulse:

4 Likes

@Takashi_Shin, awww, thanks! I’m trying, I swear. xD

@rinari, thank you. I’m glad you like it. Hehe, try and stop me! I’ll be sharing whatever I’m satisfied with. ^^

3 Likes
While everyone is falling in love with Blade, here's me breaking the flow with a take at Caine's love for the MC:

:upside_down_face:

22 Likes

Not feeling bad for letting him die… Hehe… At all… Why… All of you must post cute things…

5 Likes

I love it lol! Now the question is: is your MC more like a stray cat or a stray dog? :rofl:

8 Likes

Well, according to the Norms today (who aren’t a RO), they probably see a stray raccoon who just ate whipped cream from a can. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Hmm… that reminds me. Have we gotten physical descriptions of all of the ROs? …for science. Maybe.

5 Likes

Here you go, a tumblr post with all of 'em!

6 Likes

Shepherds feel like group from history :thinking:

1 Like

I have a few questions about the races in the game:
Before the castigation, which race was the most dominant and had the most power in terms of military, population, economy etc?
Also were the diminished races all united or they had wars and conflicts? And are they united right now? Also are some of them more discriminated against than others? (for example you said the hunters were driven to near extinction so maybe people hate them more?)

Lastly, if you had a child with Blade or Tallys or something, will the child get the powers of both parents?

1 Like

At least when it comes to magic, yes the kid of say an Elf and a Mage would have magic (or they’re extremely likely to have magic) but it might not be as strong as a full blooded Mage’s. The child would also have a longer lifespan than a Mage, but shorter lifespan than an Elf. I imagine since magic and lifespan both carry over in a diminished (heh) capacity, so too would the other race traits.

Question on Tumblr about how ages of hybrids work

Question on Tumblr about how Magic is inherited

9 Likes

There’s also this link, @Frogs ! Though JMH does an even better answering questions than me! :wink:

I will answer the other questions when I wake up! XD

11 Likes

The Ket were the most militarily-dominant, while the Mages had the most economic power. The Elves kept to themselves for the most part, but when they did deign to address the outside world, everyone listened, so they had some strong political and cultural weight, too! The Hunters also kept to themselves, but their power faded with the Endarkened’s going–they’d devoted their civilization to fighting demons, and with them “gone,” they became mostly irrelevant.

The Mages’ military strength was expanding before the Castigation, so conflicts between the Ket and the Mages would often erupt: at a few points in history they considered each other mortal enemies. The Ket and the Elves also had border skirmishes, but because neither power was very expansionist, this didn’t happen too often and other times they were allies. The Ket mostly warred amongst themselves, and so did the Mages, with their different factions. They were definitely not all united, though, and you can read more about that in the game’s codex.

After the Castigation, though, the Diminished races are all pretty much united in their hatred of (and oppression by) the Autarchy. The old enmities were forgotten in favor of the much more pressing threat, so you’re not going to find many Mages who are like, “those damn Elves!” There are sometimes still some cultural stereotypes that linger, but it’s not hostility, per se.

All of the Diminished races are discriminated against in their own ways. Mages are most scrutinized because of their powers–how do you really know a Mage isn’t sowing some sort of corruption right at this very moment?–so I would say they mostly get treated the worst. However, Elves are also treated with suspicion, since there are still pockets of them that try to live free (barbarians and heretics) and the Ket are basically indentured servants because to keep them off the leash is too big a risk.

The Hunters were punished (or castigated) because they led the most recent Uprising against the Autarchy and set some of Haven on fire: their people are not used to being oppressed, so they have been among the hardest to subdue and “diminish.” Their kind have been banished back to the Reach, and you’ll find out more about those circumstances as you play the game. The Ket led the other Uprisings, and you’ll find out what happened to them in the game, too.

TL;DR: no, in general, one power is going to take precedent over the other, but if you had a child between a Mage and an Elf, while the child might have more of the magic side, their magic may be more nature-orientated than a child of two Mages! I hope that makes sense!

16 Likes