Shepherds of Haven (WIP) (DEMO UPDATE: 3 Aug 2021)

They’re not shit and I love them

(I feel compelled to note that Lavinet won’t gossip about your secrets unless she really doesn’t like you. Prihine, would, though, and not realize she was doing it!)

Also folks, working on the book has been slow-moving (12% now though! Over one-tenth done!) because I got called in for four months of grand jury duty last week. Being a grand juror has a lot of breaks and pauses–but none of them are long enough to answer questions on Tumblr or edit the book, so that’s why I’ve been slow with both! Buuuuut it is enough for me to add completely unnecessary but pretty tweaks to the game~

25 Likes

Those looks wonderful! I love neat little things that add to immersion and Im so hyped for this game you have no idea.
Since this is fantasy I’ve been combing through a crap ton of fantasy novels to keep the hype alive.

Any fantasy adventure books in the vein of your setting?

1 Like

Ah, thank you so much! That means a lot and really motivates me, I’m going to do my best to wrap everything up in a timely manner to keep the hype alive! :grin:

Hmmm, I can’t think of any books that are exactly like the vibe of ShoH (particularly supernatural police force in a steampunky/high fantasy world) but off the top of my head, I’d say:

Summary
  • The Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson is also a dystopian fantasy wherein a tyrannical god-like figure oppresses pretty much everyone and those who use magic have to remain in hiding (the magic system in it, as with all of Brandon Sanderson’s works, is very unique). I wasn’t a big fan of how the series ended and I don’t remember the details too well, but the setting and vibe should certainly scratch that itch!

• The Shadowmarch series by Tad Williams is more traditional fantasy that’s Games-of-Thronesy without all the incest and death; it was one of my favorite series growing up and has themes of a kingdom being threatened by imminent invasion/encroachment of supernatural forces for mysterious reasons. It’s also where I first read the word ‘Autarch’!

• Crown Duel by Sherwood Smith is more of a young-adult fantasy with some romance elements, but it’s where I got a lot of my ideas about court politics/intrigue and how the Sun Court works/what Lavinet’s life was like growing up.

• Also one of my favorites, but His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman has a lot to do with merging fantasy elements (witches, daemons, animal familiars, harpies, armored bears, you name it) into a familiar-but-not-familiar 19th-century Europe. It’s one of the few novels where you can read about someone getting into a gunfight in a hot air balloon with dementors and witches flying around on broomsticks!

I’ll add more to this as I think of it! :grin:

8 Likes

good lord

:cry: it’s the little things…

10 Likes

that is cool looking art :hugs:

3 Likes

@Takashi_Shin Thank you! :hugs: It’s all thanks to @RETowerstutorial, haha!

3 Likes

Just do what ya can when you can, it’s best not to rush these things

1 Like

Agreed! :sparkling_heart: It’s just that feeling when you’re really excited to do something, but you have other things to do first, haha!

4 Likes

I know the feeling all to well

1 Like

Ayee I’m loving those new fonts and symbols :hugs: I noticed you changed the banner too!
How are you so talented at designing.

1 Like

Ahh thank you so much! :see_no_evil: I’m not talented or artistic at all, it took me so long just to cobble that together from the tutorial, haha!

3 Likes

Gestures vaguely to all of your amazing writing Sureeeeeeeee :wink: Also cant believe I didnt say this sooner but the uh stat picture things are very cool, nicely done :grin:

3 Likes

Me neither. My lady keeps telling me this is good but I see so many things wrong with it I have no idea why anyone thinks it’s good.

Bad Art

She made me draw it, I did bad, and then she praises me. I don’t fucking get people :sob:

3 Likes

Your lady is correct and she should say it

2 Likes

Brooklyn nine nine and Parks and Recreation gifs for some characters below (Didn’t want to spam the thread lol)

Summary

Caine trying to get a hold of MC:
HmnM

MC and Caine:
jwpkDMY

Blade:
giphy

Chase:
tumblr_muix3vtE1X1skemc3o1_540

Shery?:
f25ac2d427adf76c221491ddf85ce614

MC and Caine?Maybe Chase? (Idk I just love this gif lol)
066223606a4140505743d221027e5f6a
Riel:
200w
Lavinet :
tenor
Bonus gifs for my MC:
HairyIllegalAmericanriverotter-size_restricted
3mgy
2Tg
tenor

14 Likes

i. fucking. love this. it’s so beautiful

I would sincerely not mind if this thread just became everyone posting relevant gifs of the characters and/or their MCs

Also, your MC is Aziz, Mona-Lisa Saperstein (she’s the woOOoOoOrst~), AND Gina Linetti?! That’s so much chaotic energy in one body, it’s too dangerous!

6 Likes

Lavinet Naveen is like that princess how live how full life not now going on in real world
MC: way do I got watch the princess it waste of my skill
Blade ; that is command or do you what go back in jail to wait to get kill
MC; … ok will watch her but no babysitter ok can’t make a bath or fix hair got
Blade: ok good with me but she can’t die got it
MC; sir yes sir

2 Likes

but the joke is, the end of Lavinet’s friendship route is the two of you brushing each other’s hair!

Just kidding, of course! :joy:

5 Likes

Honestly, add Jean Ralphio in there too because he would absolutely say something like this to Bladejeanralphio-frown
(Also would 100% get run over by a Lexus for money)

2 Likes

@forest’s MC:
jeanralphio-frown

Blade:

Hilarious alternative

giphy%20(30)

8 Likes