Shepherds of Haven (WIP) (DEMO UPDATE: 3 Aug 2021)

Dude, he’s 12 years old
3d5

14 Likes

we all seen this coming but I am glad someone said it first :rofl::joy:

4 Likes

Mc suggestion: “Bastard” :stuck_out_tongue:

You forgot about Red! but like with “Mage” as the Mc name we will know what we’re talking about because all the other characters have canon names

2 Likes

for female mage I got one Witch

1 Like

I say The Speaker cause as far as we know, no one else speaks words of power. It’s like being called the Dragonborn. It’s exclusively your title.

7 Likes

Mage can work as a default name! Or perhaps the name can be specific to our MCs magical powers too. Though, I would imagine that Caine’s Mum/Dad can be an affectionate nickname for our MC!

After Caine bids goodbye after a period of interaction with the MC.

~ Shepherds start sniggering ~

MC: (sighs) now what?

Tallys: You care very much for him, don’t you?

MC: Why not? He’s my friend!

Blade: What she means is, you care for him… in a motherly/fatherly sort of way.

Trouble: Yeah! You’re like Caine’s Mum/Dad! HA. i AM GONNA CALL YOU THAT FROM NOW ON.

MC: … I hate you guys.

9 Likes

@JMH I thought about “the Shepherd” but it gave me weird Mass Effect flashbacks to Fem!Shep and Male!Shepard and whatnot… :thinking: It is an option, though!

Oh no, did you never get to the end of the demo haha? There should be a message telling you that you reached the end. :slight_smile: I hope the bug isn’t still there lol! (And yes, the other NPCs do get “recruited” to the Order, so they technically become new recruits, too…) It is harder than I thought to think of a good nickname! :thinking:

I meant either way with “Female!Mage” or “Male!Mage,” there’d be multiple people who would fit either, but was on mobile and didn’t write it out! XD You’re right though that they do all have canon names… and it seems that Mage is the most popular!

Witches (or hedgewitches in this world) are something different from Mages. :slight_smile:

I like Speaker too! But since the Words are so mysterious at this moment, maybe it won’t catch on as well?

:rofl: I guarantee 100% that someone here is going to input their name as “Caine’s Mom/Dad” on one of their playthroughs now!

Trouble: I… I think I like you, Caine’s Dad.

Caine’s Dad: Sweet.

Lavinet: What’s your name, stranger? Where do you come from?

MC: I’m Caine’s Mom. I come from Haven, and the Order of the Shepherds.

Lavinet: Well… I’m pleased to meet you, Caine’s Mom. I look forward to making your acquaintance.

13 Likes

Nope. I got the same thing as someone else. I ended where this person did:

From the beginning of this thread, it looked like that was how you’ve just always ended the demo—with letting it end on error messages—so I thought that was where the game demo ended. Is there an actual proper text screen now saying that the player has reached the end?

Well, the other games you’ve mentioned that have those types of cool nicknames are what the text itself refers to the reader as, so they naturally lend themselves to being used. Is there a word that others would use to refer back to the MC specifically?

2 Likes

Game: Hey, asshole.

MC: [perks up] You rang?

On the topic of the cool character name, I’m really quite partial to the Speaker, or anything within thay format, because I find it really fun when character’s roles can be summed up in a single word.

Blade- The Commander

Red/Ayla- The Mage

Mimir- The Prophet

Chase- The Thief

Lavinet- The Noble

etc.

Actually, now that I think about it, maybe it’s my love of the major arcana shining through, lol.

9 Likes

Trouble- the gunslinger

Shery- the magpie

Halek- the chef

Huh, maybe i can make a bunch of smash memes with these :thinking:

4 Likes

Ah, yes, I could see how you thought that! In the beginning when I first posted the demo I didn’t know what I was doing lol, but there’s been an end of demo text message for a while; definitely since before you could access Trouble’s path in that chapter! I think I fixed that bug when the poster mentioned it, so you should be able to get to the end now. :slight_smile: If not, please let me know!

Ah, I didn’t realize that! In this story, most people just refer to the MC by their first name, last name, or “recruit” as a joke–they do get a title later on, but to reveal it for meta purposes at this point would be a big spoiler!

@rose-court has sold me on the Speaker on sheer belief that this would all make a kick-ass tarot set! :star_struck:

Halek - The Exorcist

Shery - The Treasurer

Caine - The Son

5 Likes

Tallys- The Thirsty One

5 Likes

Prihine - The Bitch

Also everyone, @rose-court wrote some ShoH fanfiction and it’s goddamn amazing you should read it if you haven’t yet

reflected light, a hollow moon

Shower her with praise because she captured the characters so perfectly and the writing is so good and broke my fucking heart!!! :sob::sob:

11 Likes

Well to lighten the mood, I made these

Summary

ZomboMeme%2026082018202850

ZomboMeme%2026082018205125

I’m thinking of making it into a video for all the characters, but I can’t post it here if it’s not a link.
Does anyone know if I can submit a video for tumblr :thinking: ?

8 Likes

It looks like you can! :smiley:

Also, I can’t wait to see what you’ve come up with!!

edit:

@GuardsmanTheMad
wAit, nvm, I can’t upload a video shit :grimacing:

it looks like it needs a link :sob:

4 Likes

@rose-court thanks!
And also
unnamed%20(5)

I’m at my uncle’s house sitting with 4 of my aunts and 2 of my cousins and they just asked my why I teared up

Edit:

images%20(3)

5 Likes

626abff5dce4f86a318dd92f4f56620a

I can make it much worse, you know…I have Ideas™. Angstier ideas. This was just Angst Lite for me…

also, I’m disappointed too. We need your lighthearted memes to counterbalance all my shenangstigans.

5 Likes

unnamed%20(15)

I was just gonna comment how I need to balance all your angst with my memes :laughing:

4 Likes

[insert Thanos meme]

4 Likes

@rose-court

IMG_20180826_212110_120

Next time we meet in this topic, you’ll find me with an onslaught of memes to counter the angst you just caused :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes