Shepherds of Haven (WIP) (DEMO UPDATE: 3 Aug 2021)

So the elf MC only gets a bonus with Tallys ? #stillworthit

3 Likes

Nvm I read the Codex and found the answer I was looking for, thanks for the stats though

1 Like

The Elf MC also gets a boost in cunning! All of the races grant some kind of stat bonus as well as different reactions from other characters. :slight_smile:

Cool, let me know if you have other questions about the lore/races! As the story goes on obviously and you actually begin to meet people from those races, more information about their cultures will be revealed in both the plot and the codex! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I love the art of Shepherds of haven

6 Likes

Thank you! :grin: I love it too, I hope there will be more of it sometime!

6 Likes

oKaY WAIT

How bad would it be if the achievement for adopting Caine into the Shepherds was

Raising Caine?

Get it? Get it? Does anyone get it??

16 Likes

Blocked I’ll still love my fast food chicken son anyway, that’s what this reference is right?

1 Like

Yes it is, lol! It probably won’t make any sense to anyone outside of the US, but…

Also, we might as well rename Vartageth now, since @rose-court ruined it by calling him Fartageth

(Vartageth is the former Archmage of Haven and owner of the tower where the Shepherds now reside. Also Vivek the gargoyle’s former master)

• Telamon
  • Viall
  • Hestamon
  • Tangriel
  • Orome
  • Other (write below)

0 voters

3 Likes

@rinari , what would Tallys do if she found a wolf who was still alive after being shot by Norm hunters, who left the wolf to die?

Keep this one @rose-court gave him a fantastic name :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

It depends on if the wolf could be saved or if it was definitely going to die–also what the reason the hunters had for shooting it. If the wolf attacked them or threatened their livestock/quarry she wouldn’t exact revenge on the hunters. If it was beyond saving she’d put it out of its misery. If it could be saved she’d help it recover and soothe it. If they shot it for no other reason than sport she’d confront them about it, but she wouldn’t kill them or engage in battle. Tallys has a strong self-preservation instinct and doesn’t typically choose to be combative unless it’s in the moment and she could save the wolf right now.

12 Likes

I only ask because I was watching The Wolverine and the bear scene reminded me of Tallys

Nice! I haven’t seen it though! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Yes! Make the wizard sound like a digimon!

6 Likes

It’s better than a fart, isn’t it

7 Likes

Debatable I just want it to be Viall because you know Potion Viall and we know that everyone on this thread loves puns :grin:

2 Likes

Soon, the castigation will be referred to as the castration…

6 Likes

Really the only difference between the two is the severity of the reprimand …

4 Likes

Fartageth digivolve to Telamon!

6 Likes

Oh, I’m so sorry!
I didn’t know you hated humor!!!

Jk, jk. I really didn’t mean for my juvenile humor to ruin a name for you. Now I feel like Homer Simpson.

That said, I believe Tangriel is the superior name, and here’s why:

It sounds vaguely similar to the chief deity of the Central Asian steppe people, Tengri. While he is the primary creator deity, he also functions as a death god, because he created humans to die, which I haven’t found any explanations for, but Vivek mentions that Vartageth did not accept weakness, and life in the steppes were harsh…

Just my thoughts. All the names you suggested are acceptable and more importantly, easy to read, so any of them would be a good choice.

Also.
Also.
Tengri was imagined as a goose.
I’m not saying this was mean to be—actually, that’s exactly what I’m saying.
What if all these geese that make it into the compound are really just emissaries of the-archmage-formerly-known-as-Vartageth trying to help but they keep getting killed???

8 Likes