Shepherds of Haven (WIP) (DEMO UPDATE: 3 Aug 2021)

Doing some late-night work on ShoH for once! :slight_smile: But now I kind of just want to make a visual-novel-Mystic-Messenger-type game where you just text with the characters forever, lol:

8 Likes

that would be pretty amazing though, if im being honest

all i can think of is every time you text chase :eggplant: he either replies with an :eggplant: or :eyes: and honestly that’d be a 10/10 stars for me right there, lol

5 Likes

Hey I heard mention of inquisitors. Does the Inquisition enforce the state religion, hunt diminished, or both. Or are they just lackeys that do whatever the autarch wants.

1 Like

:eggplant: :eggplant: :eggplant: :eggplant: :eggplant: :eggplant:

Seriously though I’m not very interested in Mystic Messenger. However a visual novel would be amazing. I could read those forever. They have the same effect as a good interactive novel. I just get super engrossed in the story.

3 Likes

They sort of do it all: they don’t necessarily enforce the state religion (as in they force people to go to Church), but they investigate allegations of heresy and paganism. They “only” hunt Diminished who are performing illegal actions, such as using magic or living outside the laws of the Autarchy (though they’re not very thorough about investigating before dealing out their punishments). They sort of have carte blanche–and they also tend to be the trusted agents of both the Autarch and one of her sons, as is mentioned in the Tallys route in Chapter 1. :slight_smile:

Mystic Messenger was pretty all right, surprisingly–it just got super dark super fast, which I wasn’t expecting, and I also felt weird about receiving calls in the middle of the night from Korean voice actors. :flushed: I do enjoy visual novels and bought Visual Novel Maker to try making one of my own, but never got around to buckling down and learning the new language!

3 Likes

Wait wat

I obviously have no clue what Mystic Messenger even is because I didn’t know this.
Literally all I would want out of it is the constant loop of eggplant and eye emojis, not, you know, actual people talking to me on the phone, why the hell would anyone want that what

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s a visual novel (on mobile) that takes place completely through text messages! Which is what I would want for a texting ShoH game where Chase just spams you with :eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes:. It looks like this:

Which is pretty fun, except the guys all turn out to be pretty fucked up and yeah, THEY DO SOMETIMES CALL YOU AND THEY HAVE FAMOUS KOREAN VOICE ACTORS LEAVING MESSAGES FOR YOU AND STUFF AND IT’S WEIRD. I felt like I was cheating whenever I guiltily listened to their voicemails. :pensive:

5 Likes

omg, Chase constantly sending you text messages that say, “look behind you :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:” at exactly the same time every day for a week would be both funny and creepy and if that ain’t Chase—!

2 Likes

%5BSPARKLE%20GASP%5D

@rinari Can we help name the good doggo???

6 Likes

Yes you can! :grin: I have to say though that, like all things in the game, getting to the path where you can get it will come at a slight cost… because I love branching paths and hard decisions! :smiling_imp:

Also, are you okay, how did you hit yourself against a well?? Where are there even wells to be hit into nowadays?? lives in barren wasteland where there is no water

2 Likes

omg, I meant wall, I myself against a wall and yes I’m fine, thanks for asking. :blush:

Sounds heartbreaking, I can't wait!

screaming%20into%20the%20void

4 Likes

Chase’s texts are actually giving me life right now :joy: I love this man. I knew I made the right decision making him my main RO

4 Likes

Only a dog? Could we have an option to adopt a cat as well? I am not much of a dog person, though I still like them though.

1 Like

Shery and Tallys already feed a bunch of stray cats in the alley behind the compound, but none of them want to come and live inside! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Aww… But there will always be the chance that MC will be the chosen by a special cat. :smiley_cat: Not all cat are snobby afterall… :joy:

Still, I hope for a cat option if it is possible. If not, I guess dogs will do.

3 Likes

Hmm, I’ll think about it! :grinning: It’s more about the cat choosing Caine than choosing the MC, so I’ll have to think on how to code that naturally! :laughing:

8 Likes

Thank you for considering it though. XD I always picture Caine being liked by dogs and cats alike. :joy: But whatever you choose, I will respect it.

But I leave this here:

images%20(2)

7 Likes

Well of course not, what with all the geese that keep breaking in…

5 Likes

In the plus side, the Shepherds have never had so much fresh meat within arms reach.

6 Likes

If there’s ever a siege on the compound, they’ll never starve! They’ll just make Trouble stand in the courtyard and whistle, and mysteriously geese will appear.

7 Likes