Shepherds of Haven (WIP) (DEMO UPDATE: 3 Aug 2021)

I don’t know what happens in the story later, but I’d asume the reason why Prihine romance would be difficult to make is that we don’t spend much time with her even in the route(s) in which she has the most screen time. But if it’s enough time for her to fall in love with you (and for you to possibly fall for her as well), then surely some kind of promise to stay loyal to each other and get together after all’s over (with some short epilogue) wouldn’t be too much, right author-san? :wink:

I remember in Fateheaven you could romance the person behind all the stuff that happened to you (sorry, I only vaguely remember the plot) despite the fact you could barely interact with them and it happened pretty much right at the end of the game. I was still glad the option was there and didn’t feel “betrayed” by the fact other ROs had much more content, because despite being short, it was nice and had proper closure with you getting together. I’m sure it’d be possible to work something out in this case as well.

1 Like

Eh, he’s okay I guess. :roll_eyes:

But Trouble:

is still the cutest… :blush:

4 Likes

You’re not wrong, Trouble is precious, and he deserves all the happy things in life.

I mean, they all do, but he deserves it more for being able to pull off goggles as a fashion accessory.

Walk, walk, fashion baby.

3 Likes

Sasuke??? Is that you?

Blade is the most handsome imo

2 Likes

Is this character in your book? I like the art a lot and the tarot style. Very nice. :grin:

And this Red dude, no one has mentioned him. He seems cute too.
Sigh, there are just too many possible ROs :persevere:.

2 Likes

No need to apologize, it gave me a good belly laugh! :joy: And a “damn it, you got me…”

…It wasn’t that before, but it will be now, with your permission! That’s amazing! :joy::joy: It was “Prince of Thieves” before, but I think I’ll make that his achievement for recruiting him!

JESUS
NbXE

I think I could swing this! The most in-game would be a scene or two after encountering her again in the game that would essentially be a night of passion, but I think having a promise-choice to get together with her in the future after the events of the game are over (with a short epilogue) is definitely doable. I think players would just have to be okay with not having a character art card to unlock for her or an official relationship stat in the menu, as her romance opportunity would essentially be “hidden.” (Aaaaand the fact that you’d have to snub poor Caine in the beginning to start triggering those romance flags!) But I like that idea! :slight_smile:

Thank you! :grin: That character was a previous version of the novel’s protagonist (she changed appearances a few times and now has black hair again); I think if I ever proceed to write books set in Haven’s world she would probably return as an MC, but it would either be a sequel set hundreds of years after the game or a prequel set hundreds of years before the Castigation!

Red’s a cutie (his portrait is the most model-esque to me, lol), and if you chose to be a Circle-Mage when choosing your education, he can actually be your childhood friend! Or even your first kiss, haha. This is also a good way to make Blade really jealous, if that’s what you want.:laughing:

11 Likes

:smiling_imp: mwahaha, my work here is done!

[runs away with a flourish]

tumblr_niagrfUTZ61rxf6yzo1_250

[comes running back with a flourish, trips and falls, and then scrambles back up]

Holy crap, yes!! You have my full permission, it’s all yours take it!

Ok, now I have to romance Chase first…I say, for the millionth time.

[gasp]

I have to ignore my boy, my baby boy??? :cold_sweat:

Oh…oh no…

Those are all my favorite romance tropes oh my god @rinari you’re going to kill me how can you just tell me this right when I’ve made up my mind about Chase oh god, oh god, who do I even chooooooooooooose???

ROs%20leaving%20me%20drowning

8 Likes

I want to try this out but I am pretty much old fashioned that I want my MC’s first kiss to be with Blade’s. It’s so hard to choose!

@rose-court
I know how you feel. Just follow your heart! :joy:

4 Likes

But my heart is pulling me in 9 and a 1/2 different directions!! :sob:

4 Likes

Thank you!!! :laughing:

Yeah, unfortunately… to spend time with Prihine and get her to start to soften her regard towards you, you’ll have to snub Caine! :sweat_smile: Otherwise you’ll never get any alone time with her, since he’ll be following you around like a puppy!

Follow your heart!!! :joy: Be cautious if you ever follow that strategy though: If you flirt with Red (esp. if you have a past history with him) and Blade likes you enough, he’ll be catapulted into a RED ALERT hurk I don’t like that wait why don’t I like that angsty jealousy storm where he’ll pretend not to be annoyed when he really is–BUT if you show genuine romantic interest in Red and strongly start to pursue a relationship with him, Blade will shut down and withdraw so fast (out of courtesy to you). So it’s a fine line! :sweat_smile: Meanwhile, Chase is like meh I’m more charming, I’m not threatened and Tallys is ahh wait I shouldn’t spoil so much lol…

This… this meme is so perfect for this situation… did you make it?! :joy:

You can choose to build your history with Red, so he doesn’t necessarily have to be your first kiss (it just helps boost a romance with him): Blade can still get jealous if you were also close friends growing up!

6 Likes

:sunglasses: :point_right: :point_right: i gotchu fam

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I see…

This game is gonna kill me I can’t wait.

I did, because you’re killing me with ROs and I love it.

:triumph: b o i

@rinari You just make it harder and harder to choose an RO, and I know you’re doing it on purpose, because I feel you smiling maliciously.
I can feel it in my soul and it’s great, thank you so much.

4 Likes

Well, now I can’t decide… :flushed:

Just to check: Blade was the only straight RO, right? :thinking:

3 Likes

Could just let him get killed in the beginning…:innocent:

1 Like

d858a86c-97eb-43e5-b032-bd8c8d5604e1

8 Likes

Save Prihine and Caine: Waste incredibly important power I might need later and he cock blocks.

Save Prihine: Sends money and a connection to the nobles I could use and a RO path with her. Also gives me bonus points with her cousin if I want to RO her.

Save Caine: Annoying child who’ll follow me around probably cock blocking me with everyone else.
BUT!!! Only chance Caine has to live is if I can only call him BOI at all times.

3 Likes

Blade is the only straight male RO, Lavinet is the only straight female RO! :slight_smile:

:joy::joy:

Give Caine a nickname?
*input_text "**BOI**"
8 Likes

…ok, fair enough.

also fair

is that not hilarious to anyone else???

I’m honestly asking, I find it friggin’ hilarious

yES.

Y E S

*if {caine_nick} = "boi"

Caine sighs. "I regret this already."

"Shut up, boi," you say.
9 Likes

HASN’T THE POOR BOI BOY BEEN THROUGH ENOUGH

7 Likes

I agree! But I also find it   h i l a r i o u s.

5 Likes