Shepherds of Haven (WIP) (DEMO UPDATE: 3 Aug 2021)

omg! just stumbled upon your demo on dashingdon today and asdfghjkl~ its sooooo good :heart_eyes: can’t wait to read the rest of the story~

5 Likes

That cliffhanger absolutely killed me :joy:

3 Likes

I’m so glad that I subscribed to your Patreon to continue reading this because holy. I couldn’t survive any longer without some more interactions with Blade. He is honestly one of my favourite ro’s of all time.

I hope that everybody has experienced the option to go with Riel’s help for Black Sun. It’s well worth it!

3 Likes

@Okami_HD_Amatarasu Were you able to figure out that problem? I’ve never seen it before, and looking around the forum, it doesn’t look like anyone else has, either? Could it have been a problem with your Internet connection or save cache?

Thank you so very much, I’m so glad you stumbled across the game and gave it a try! :heart:

I was deliberately mean about it, but I’m planning to update the demo this month (fingers crossed since my book just came out, so I might be a bit busy–either this month or next month for sure!) so you won’t have to wait too long! :joy:

THIS IS HIGH PRAISE!!! :exploding_head: :flushed: :scream: Thank you so much, and thank you so much for supporting and subscribing on Patreon! And yes, players get rewarded for multiple less popular choices in a big way in Riel’s route… :relieved:

13 Likes

I don’t think so I had Wifi at home and the save cache was never was a problem in other choices demos

Got my copy of WE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN HERE in the mail today @rinari .

I am actually going to let my mom read it first though, as she is laid up in bed, and she loves reading and hasn’t had anything new to read.

Then I will read it voraciously and give an opinion here!

6 Likes

I forgot cheer for your job on finishing novel I got some money and I’m trying to read it and I and I thought my favorite drink friend when I first started I only drink alcohol when it’s a special occasion and I don’t drink that often I’m 22 now so this is a special occasion because I’m planning to read your story

this drink is only used on celebrations on a good job done that’s just me and I don’t drink that often because I like keeping my liver

3 Likes

It’s a great demo, I’ve really enjoyed reading it so far. Might have to give the novel a try some time.

2 Likes

Loved the demo so much that I had to get the patreon just to play the alpha and see what else was happening especially after that cliffhanger in the public demo. Between that and Tallys kinda ambivalence at pursing something more than physical, I’ve been in my feels.

Also congrats on the launch of your book!!! If it’s as good as Sheperds i have no choice but to check it out :grin:

7 Likes

I think you’re confusing free will with will. :slight_smile:

Thank you to everyone who supported me for getting a copy of my book, I’m truly so honored by your encouragement and support! :grin: It’s been a crazy month, which is why I’m a little behind on my bi-annual schedule as well as replying to all of the lovely messages I’ve received… Regardless, I am happy to say that the public demo for Shepherds has finally been updated!

What’s in the update:

• 20,000 new words of content (Entirety of Chapter 3, Riel and Caine’s first day off interludes, more shop things with Chandry)
  • A few bug fixes and continuity changes throughout
  • A bit more content added in previous chapters
  • New codex documents
  • Several new features have been added to the game in the day off hub, including gambling, quests, trading cards, and training your own squad of recruits. These features are not accessible in the demo yet, however.
  • You can also see the skeleton of the game’s permanent save system (for when it’s published) after the prologue. It doesn’t currently do anything, but you can see what it will look like in its final form.

A few things to note:

• The options to research Black Sun in Chapter 2 are still incomplete, and the incomplete options are greyed out.
  • Chase’s route with the factory in Chapter 2 is still a rough draft, but overall complete. I will be working on fleshing it out and adding a conversation with Aerin eventually.
  • Here’s a list of known issues with Chapter 1 if you want to check it out before giving feedback!

Content warning for this update: Fantasy violence, adult language, discussions and descriptions of nightmares, various explorations of trauma or fears, horror elements and atmosphere.

Public demo wordcount : 269,999 words without coding
Total project wordcount: 619,073 words without coding

Links

• The demo link is in the first post of this thread. So are the game’s Tumblr, Patreon, Discord, and other important links!
  • If you’re new to playing the game, please check out the FAQ or the character information (either in the first post of this thread or here).
  • Give data about your playthrough and choices here: | Prologue | Chapter 1 | Chapter 2 | Chapter 3

Thanks for playing, and I hope you enjoy! I look forward to your comments and feedback! :heart:

104 Likes

Thanks for the update rinari, I will check it right away, just before the questionnaires.

Ma’am, its seems the questionnaire for chapter 3 doesn’t work, here in android, it opens Google play store in gp services app, is that supposed to happen?

1 Like

Thanks for the new update rinari

1 Like

Hi Negg, thanks for pointing this out! It works for me on mobile and desktop: does this link work at all?

9 Likes

It works this time, thank you, my apologies if sounded a little trivial, but I appreciate it nonetheless. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes! One of my favourite WiP! How can i play the Demo? thank you very much! And congratulations for your beautiful story

1 Like

you go to the first post, and there’s a link to the demo; it’s after the story settings and stuff- gotta scroll a bit

2 Likes

@rinari Just wanted to let you know that I am about halfway through the novel and I am enjoying it very much … just having trouble getting the time to read it. Lot of stuff going on and I haven’t had the time I thought to read. I will definitely post reviews once I finish though.

1 Like

You made me so happy. I am sick in bed and really desperate for updates right now :sweat_smile: also this is one of my favourites and the update was so good (I did not notice any problems so there is that)

[spoiler]also it was the firstti.e I actually played through the merchant’s route and omg I never knew how much contentI missed also it makes so much sense that I always missed a few points for the Blade Romance :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: damn!!! He is one of my favourites and I like how the mc can break down the walls. Also now I need to know about his and our dear thief kings past​:face_with_monocle:

Bye the bye I loved the possibility to hug Caine and just tell him that the mc did ot before it was to late aka he grew to much🥰 you hot my big sister heart warming for real.

[/spoiler]

28 Likes

Coming back to this demo after a long time and got to say i am pleasantly surprised.
The story gets better chapter by chapter i especially love how our group of friends is having a gradual increase as story progresses rather then an abrupt one.
Not to mention you can feel author have laid a pretty solid base for the future plot and how the world is unfolding before our eyes slowly but surely.
And that zori and village being a dream in chp 3 actually hurt ouch , for a sec i thought we actually found em :sweat_smile::sob:

8 Likes