Shepherds of Haven (WIP) (DEMO UPDATE: 3 Aug 2021)

You can become a Binder, which is the first step on the long road to becoming a “necromancer” (called a Whisperer in Blest). Truth be told necromancy will probably not manifest itself in the game but could be a part of MC’s future!

5 Likes

Under Names and Aliases, on the stat screen, it says our name twice.

“Ifritah Valendil
Recruit
Ifritah Valendil”

Is this intended?

2 Likes

No, that’s another thing that just comes from not updating the Chapter 1 file yet! It’s supposed to add your current rank for the Shepherds–“Officer” in Chapter 1–so that’ll get fixed when I update the file! :slight_smile: Thanks for asking!

1 Like

Then I may as well add that under Appearance, we are being described as wearing a “ripped and tattered wedding dress”. Even though I’m already in Chapter 1 and the wedding has been put behind me. Just FYI. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yup, that’s another one, lol! Thanks for letting me know! :laughing:

1 Like

On an unrelated topic, I wonder which types of magic people chose for their characters. From favorite to least so… maybe a poll to see where they stand? I’m looking at the all the magics right now and I just can’t decide which one I want… thanks for making them all equally interesting (and my life harder!) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Ooh, I love it! Here’s a poll:

Which magic specialization will you choose for your canon playthrough?

• Battle Mage
  • Healer
  • Elementalist
  • Enchanter
  • Wild Mage
  • Diviner
  • Conjurer
  • Shifter
  • Binder

0 voters

And, if anyone feels like taking a longer survey (this is the same form I give to alpha testers):

Playthrough Survey (Prologue)

16 Likes

Demo Updated!

I decided to bite the bullet and update the Chapter 1 file just to prevent confusion and whatnot, haha. It still ends pretty much at the same point in the story (investigating Hal for Trouble, the Inquisitors’ test for Tallys) but there’s much more content in Tallys’ route (including playing a drinking game or having an encounter with Croelle)!

There is also a new way to select your magic specialization, unlock specialization stuff in the codex, and gain your Mage symbol in your stats!

Note: if you saved during Chapter 1, your save may have reset to the beginning of Chapter 1 because I updated the file!

Demo Wordcount: 111,000 words
Total Wordcount: 155,000 words

41 Likes

if I was in your world 5 hour for me to start some shit smol your on my side

found this bug while spending time with blade hahahaha

1 Like

The drinking game with Tallys is the type of content I live for.

5 Likes

Can someone tell me the difference between being a shifter mage and a wild mage because they both sound like they can shape shift into animals and humans

@wolf666
From my understanding a Wild Mage specializes in nature magic; you can summon, control, and talk to plants and animals. Think of it as a Druid. Whereas a Shifter is someone who can either specialize in Alchemy or become a Shapeshifter themselves. Think of it as a Doppelganger from D&D.

Wild Mages can shift into animals but not humans unless it’s their original form, plus they have their magic, whereas a Shapeshifter has the freedom to transform themselves into almost anything (including inanimate objects) but little else.

4 Likes

Ah so a wild mage can still shape shift into animals as well as control them?

I just went back to re-check and I believe Rinari may have changed the part pertaining our magic of choice, because it is different from when I played yesterday. Here is what is written right now about Wild Magic:

Wild magic involved using animals and wild creatures as an extension of the self: speaking to, controlling, summoning, or borrowing the bodies of wild creatures and living things. Wild Mages often had familiars bound to them, and could sometimes even speak to ancient trees and plants.

Them term “borrow” implies taking over temporarily, not actual shifting into one. Similar to projecting your conscience unto another being, if I’m correct. If this is true, and I didn’t just misinterpret things yesterday, then the Shapeshifter may be the only one who can transform themselves now.

2 Likes

I’m glad you liked it! It was by far the most difficult thing I’ve ever coded so I’m glad that work paid off lol!

Yes, this got updated when I updated Chapter 1. You have it on the nose; Wild Mages can “possess” or inhabit the bodies of animals, but not physically change into them. Their magic is more psychic-oriented while Shifting is more physical!

8 Likes

Like wargs from Song of Ice and Fire (TV series Game of Thrones), Bran’s ‘Three-Eyed Raven’, Jojen Reed’s ‘Green Seers’, etc.

I’m shocked at the lack of love for the shifters and enchanters. Those two are my favorite =(

4 Likes

Oops, I didn’t see this! I’ll take a look and try to fix this, thanks for pointing it out! :smiley:

Battle mage supremacy for the win.:muscle:

6 Likes