Shepherds of Haven (WIP) (DEMO UPDATE: 3 Aug 2021)

Wait…

That’s not… immortal

Well, oops.

6 Likes

God damn autocorrect

2 Likes

Me: “hm…well elves are pretty skanky…”

7 Likes

*set tallysromance intriguedbutoffended

14 Likes

my pet will die before me but does that stop me from having them? no

1 Like

Not sure if this was suppose to happen, but at the point where I could follow Tally’s or trouble, I chose Tallys, and the game then took me to the end, where I had the choice to play similar games, or play again.

All in all, I am extremely captivated and can not wait for the final version to be expanded upon, your writing is rather immaculate.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s super jarring so YMMV, I guess. For me, I don’t imagine their guns as something like assault rifles or the like anyway. I picture them more as handcannons and flintlocks. Either way, IIRC it was also mentioned that norms were the ones who came up w/ agriculture and the like so that’s another example of their inventiveness.

…well, shit.

Though tbh I’m already excited to meet Lavinet! I have a weakness for Pure™ characters ;A;

…b-but there’s so many ways to play it… aaand i also won’t stop until i romanced all characters in all of the games

First of all, Tallys is BEAUTIFUL! I’m already interested in her as it is but I was leaning towards Blade or Lavinet. You’ve just made my decision harder gdi! Also, yay tarot cards! :star_struck: I always wanted to commission those but one card alone is expensive as hell. Wow, good on you! I’m excited to see them :sparkling_heart: The cards will just inspire my completionist ass more.

About their appearances, I also imagined Blade as older (at least early 30s, I guess) because he’s serious, he’s the leader, and seems to carry a lot of baggage. I’m surprised that he’s just in his 20s. Then again, maybe he really was just trained very early.

4 Likes

I’m mildly alarmed that people only play dragon age 13 times. I’ve played all 3 probably 18 times each at least.

7 Likes

How do you play so much? I played Inquistion 127 hours and still didn’t finish it (was in the middle of trespasser) but I already kinda quit. The game has a good story and the combat is good too with an artificer (really strong class and fun to play, other classes don’t looks as fun though). The problem is that the world itself is rather empty and boring, and the side quests are mostly boring too (kill some demons, close a rift, collect shards etc all the time).

If you compare it to The Witcher 3 for example, it’s a lot worse. In TW3 cities feel like actual cities with lots of people and quests (in inquisition all you had were some shops), almost all quests are meaningful and have a story to them, there are a lot of morale dilemmas, choices have real consequences that affect the ending.
Pretty much the only advantages Inquistion have over it are being able to customize your character and having more ROs to choose from (but then the romance is pretty short anyway, all romance scenes together are like 40-50 minutes which is nothing compared to 100+ hours of game length).
I think Inquistion could have been a better game if they just focused on characters and story instead of open world and just made it more linear like Origins.

2 Likes

I try different playstyles and roleplaying for different characters as well as bringing different companions. I make out elaborate stories for my OCs too to help keep my interest. There are always mods if/when gameplay gets boring and you can always tweak the difficulty setting if you want more challenge. I usually play on hard (and in DAI with trials) so I have to be on my toes. I’ve only played DAO and DA2 multiple times though. I only got DAI GOTY when it was on sale for the holidays. Right now, I’m still in the middle of Here Lies the Abyss because of my busy sched & being too much of a grinding completionist lol;;;

I’ve seen clips of TW3 and I hear this a lot even from DA fans. I know what you’re talking about. Inquisition’s Val Royeaux is very underwhelming especially if you’ve read the books. Either way, haven’t tried TW3 yet because I can barely run it on my laptop. I’ll try the other two first though because y’know, completionist. I also have a lot of game backlog atm so…

Ugh this! Honestly, the open world is a huge part of why I have a hard time getting into Bethesda. I dig characters and story more than gameplay. The open world in DAI kills the narrative pacing IMO. The tactical camera is also ehh. I’m still gonna play it though. I’m still gonna play it. i’m way too deep into this now to leave RIP,

(this is getting OT-ish now so let’s leave it here for now)

1 Like

@Bibleblack22 That’s where the demo ends for now! :slight_smile: Thank you very much for your kind words!

@zenbu Blade could feasibly be in his early thirties as well, it’s really up to the readers at this point! I think it will become more apparent as his story goes on though that he’s been hardened at a young age and it’s made him seem more weighed down and mature than he really should be. Dude’s seen and done some shit!

@Frogs At the risk of getting more off-topic, I’ll agree that Inquisition leaves a player somewhat wanting with how unpopulated the world feels, but I still played 3 or 4 times! I think there are enough sidequests, war table missions, playstyles, choices, and of course side characters to keep it diverse and interesting. I think the only big huge flaw (to me) was not the open world but how cheesy Corypheus was. I still put Inquisition as an improvement over the very limited-feeling DA2 though!

7 Likes

About Haven and Hael–

Do you think you’ll follow Trouble or Tallys when the time comes?

• Trouble
  • Tallys

0 voters

1 Like

Following trouble makes more sense, if you try to check the kid with magic it’s clear there is magic involved here and that he isn’t possesed. He’s also Caine’s friend and Caine is nice. Tallys simply doesn’t care because the kids are norms and she won’t care if norms die (she even said it herself earlier if you asked her if she hates norms)

7 Likes

poor tallys…i could understand her reasoning, but following trouble is just logical

tbh, it’s a really tough RP decision that you’ve presented us with, @rinari and the answer will definitely depend on what kind of character I’m playing as.
A more jaded and bitter MC would follow Tallys, but it would hurt me as a reader because I, as a person, find it hard to divorce my real life emotions and convictions from my character’s actions…

So, as way of fictional atonement for the one bitter MC that follows Tallys, all my other MCs will follow Trouble, lol.

4 Likes

But, I think Trouble is imposing his own hatred onto a situation without any proof. As such I am going to follow the more level-headed(at least in this situation) Tallys.

1 Like

I meant to click trouble but clicked tallys instead. Dang characters with names that both start with T.

Cant you change your vote? If you click hide results the options show up again

1 Like

I know, right?

Between romances and choices and party compositions there’s just so much I have to see before I can be “finished” with the game.

1 Like

OMFG how did you survive making that decision? I can never make Alistair sacrifice himself xD I do everything it takes to make him king so I can see him again in Kirkwall being a lil cinammon roll.

1 Like