Shepherds of Haven (WIP) (DEMO UPDATE: 3 Aug 2021)

Hmmm :thinking: then I guess I’ll scratch that motorcycle tracks part and turn it into a horse’s tracks

3 Likes

MC: [smoking pot with Trouble]

[Distant bang as a door somewhere is kicked open]

Blade: RECRUIT.

Trouble: Oh shit.

MC: [magically conjures horse out of thin air] [rides horse up the wall]

Trouble: [looks pensively at blunt]

7 Likes

Stoner Trouble DLC? (20 stoned characters)

1 Like

Now I keep imagining my MC as deadpool when he joins the x-men and everyone reminds him that he’s a trainee

Demon: you, I’ve never seen you before, foolish mortal

MC: I’m the new shepherd

Demon,Blade, Tallys,Trouble, and some random guy that was supposedly dead: RECRUIT

3 Likes

so i’ve been gone a while… and this thread went to a strange place. :laughing:

4 Likes

I know… there’s a quiz now, how strange is that? :laughing::laughing:

4 Likes

That’s awesome actually. I got Hunter which is cool because that’s what I was leaning towards for my main character.
I was debating between between that and Ket… For romance reasons. :wink:
Speaking of…does our background give us any boost or special dialogues with certain characters? If I remember correctly growing up with the elves helped with Tallys.

1 Like

Aside from different stat boosts, the Hunter and Elf backgrounds have the biggest noticeable boosts with Halek and Tallys: their cultures are sadly almost dead, so finding somebody who shares that culture is a huge appeal to them. There is a slightly different dialogue with Blade if you’re from a Ket background, but it doesn’t give him as much as a boost, mainly because 1) he’s not too fond of his own culture anyway and 2) your Ket father did not immerse you very much, for reasons Blade explains (namely: he was defeated in an uprising and chose to let the old ways he was fighting for go). Further into his storyline, it may play a larger role, but I haven’t decided on that yet. :slight_smile:

Having a Norm background gives you slightly (very slightly) some pull with the Norm populace of Haven, seeing as you’re the product of a well-off Norm who happily adopted a Diminished; and being both Norm-adopted and a follower of the One-God unlocks special dialogue with Shery. That’s all for now, but I may add to it all as time goes on! For the moment the most noticeable effects are the stat boosts in different areas and Tallys/Halek. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Quite often, I like it when a protagonist find more in common with the bad guys than with the good guys they’re fighting alongside. Especially when there’s no doubt that they are the bad guys.

Seems like I’ll have norm and elf(for other reasons) backgrounds to try out!

2 Likes

I picked Hunter solely because the knife is pretty badass. That’s it. :joy: I’m planning on romancing Chase so…but Tallys is really easy to romance if you’re just not a dick, at least so far.

1 Like

Have you ever considered making a tumblr for the game? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Yes, Tallys is quite easy to hook up with initially, probably the easiest out of anybody–bitch doesn’t have time to mess around–Well, I guess she does, being near-immortal–but is significantly harder to “romance” in the sense that you need to get her to say I love you and commit to being in a long-term relationship. :slight_smile: That will depend heavily on your choices and interactions with her, but at the beginning of the game she’s essentially dtf once she hears you speak that sweet, sweet Elvish to her.

Chase is a little similar: easy to fool around with, hard to lock down unless you make the right choices–though for entirely different reasons.

Not particularly. I’ve been trying to stay off social media to stay productive (with the exception of this place) and I already love the community here. The prospect of starting in a new community that initially won’t know wtf I’m talking about feels a little… time-consuming. :sweat_smile: Maybe when I’ve finished the book!

8 Likes

Ah ok! Also sorry that emoji looks different on my phone than it does on the forum, on here it looks mean! Ahhh my bad!!

1 Like

Aha, that makes sense!! No problem! :grin::grin:

2 Likes

Also, for anyone curious, I have a new WIP I’m sorry…! This is still my baby, though! :grin:

14 Likes

Can’t help but wonder if it had something to do with the necromancy talk earlier.

Hmm, what topic next? Maybe dinosaurs and laser cannons.

1 Like

The demo was actually written before the necromancy talk–I just like talking about Blest too much! :laughing:

New WIP: you play as a T-rex during a laser cannon apocalypse. You have to defend a group of herbivores from the insidious invasion of laser cannons… and then you join an order of time-traveling heroes known as the Shepherds–

7 Likes

@Rinari do you have a specific time frame it’ll be ready for beta testing?I’d love to know :slight_smile:

Thanks.

Oh man, not for a long time! XD I won’t pick up serious work on this again until at least October, and the game is about 12 chapters total: I wouldn’t move into private beta testing until around chapter 4 or 5, so… best case scenario would be early 2019? :laughing: Who knows! There are a lot of variables at play. :slight_smile: Sorry I can’t give a more concrete answer at this time!

5 Likes

That’s cool just cannot wait I’m actually thinking of making one but the coding seems hard and I’m terrible at coding even simple stuff a 9 year old can do.(I’m 14)

2 Likes