Shepherds of Haven (WIP) (DEMO UPDATE: 3 Aug 2021)

@LucHD
How did you manage to make so much gold?

3 Likes

Whoa. I just played the demo…love this game! It will be hard for me to choose between Blade and Trouble!

3 Likes

Lol @LucHD is that a bug or did you do unlock new game plus somehow? :laughing:

@Willow_Felya_G Thank you for giving the demo a try: I’m so glad you enjoyed it! :heart: Ahh, the age-old dilemma…

3 Likes

A bug that gives us shitloads of gold is no bug at all.

12 Likes

Secret enemy and Partner being Halek … AHAH
Also tallys and ayla being the love interest and secret admirer respectively is gold i love it.
Why does the blade bff get to die :pensive:

2 Likes

The gold is a bug. If you save Prihine and get the gold as a rewart. Before that I made a save and went to the page where I got the gold, opened the Stat page and then reloaded the game. But I had to do this many times. But the stats reset if you go to the Stat page before you get more gold.

Also 5 thousand is enough to buy the best gear and all the other stuff.

7 Likes

Might as well use the bug to test the best equipment hehe

2 Likes

Oh, thanks for letting me know, lol, what a lucky bug! :laughing: Since it’s a saving plug-in thing (which won’t be in the final version of the game unfortunately) I won’t worry too much about preventing it! Have fun being rich! :joy:

Also good to know about the 5,000 being enough–for New Game+ I give like 1,000,000 gold as an option I think gfdlgfd so totally overkill!

8 Likes

What is the population of this world?

1 Like

I haven’t calculated the total population size of the world, but I estimate that Haven (one of the most populous cities on the Continent, next to Ambryn) holds about 500,000! Plugging that into random online calculators spits out about a population of 4 million across the Continent, which… sounds right? But I’m horrible at numbers, so there’s that!

5 Likes

Also, making a quick announcement that I’m running some holiday contests from now until December 31st!

There will be two contests: one is a raffle on Tumblr and the other is a contest on Patreon! Click the links for more details or read on below!

Prizes include:

• A one-of-a-kind Shepherds of Haven bookmark
  • A curated gift set personally assembled by me (also includes a Shepherds of Haven bookmark as well as lots of rare items and character goodies)
  • An Amazon Echo Dot
  • Cash prizes

Rules and how to enter

Tumblr Raffle (How to Enter):

• You must be 18 or older (per Tumblr’s policies)
  • For a chance to win the Follower’s Prize, you must:
      1. be a follower of the Shepherds of Haven Tumblr
      1. reblog this raffle post with the hashtag #havenholiday

Tumblr Raffle (Other Rules):

• One reblog = one entry
  • Multiple reblogs are allowed! Reblog as many times as you like, but please be mindful of your followers
  • Reblogs without the hashtag #havenholiday are very much appreciated but will not count towards winning the Follower’s Prize
  • Deadline: December 31st, 2019 (11 PM EST)

Patreon Contest (How to Enter):

• For a chance to win any of the Holiday Prizes, you must:

1. already be or become a member of the Shepherds of Haven Patreon from now until the deadline
      1. write and submit a contest entry sharing your favorite thing about Shepherds of Haven
  • You are free to post your contest entry anywhere, including on Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram, the COG forum thread, Discord, Patreon, and et cetera (if I’m on that platform, tag me!). However, in order to submit officially to the contest, you must send me the link or text of your post through Patreon PMs before the deadline, with the complete and required information

• The winners of the Holiday Prizes will be my top three favorite posts

• If enough people enter, I will add one or more Honorable Mention Prizes

• Deadline: December 31st, 2019 (11 PM EST)

Detailed Patreon Contest Rules (Read Before Entering)

Prizes

Holiday Prizes:

• 1st Place : Curated Gift Box chock-full of character goodies, bonus items, and a one-of-a-kind Shepherds of Haven bookmark!

• 2nd Place : Amazon Echo Dot

• 3rd Place : Cash Prize (25$ Amazon Gift Card or via PayPal)

• Honorable Mention(s): Shepherds of Haven bookmark (TBD)

Follower’s Prize:

• Shepherds of Haven bookmark

This holiday contest ends December 31st, 2019! Thank you for participating and sharing! :gift::love_letter:

19 Likes

Wow ,just wow. It’s dragon age and greed fall all in one. I love this ,and trouble …:heart: I love, love trouble . Keep up the great work and I look forward to see more of this . Cant wait for the full version, wonderful work
And the gifts ,i know each character has a preference
“Why you giving me flowers?” Trouble asks
"Cause I said ,I bought it all ok? "
"But…i don’t like flowers "
“Just take it !”

4 Likes

Thank you so much, @Idon_t_havaname! :sob: I loved reading this comment and it was so kind of you to say! :heart: I haven’t played Greedfall yet but there is definitely a Dragon Age influence and love! :slight_smile:

Lol, Trouble would receive the flowers but probably think he has to plant them or something!

3 Likes

I will say this for Greedfall it good game in my eye I had play it

1 Like

If compared to ancient roman times haven would be the second largest city in the world, second only to rome itself and beating out most major cities if the time by over 200k people.

compared to London prior to the great plague (of 1665-66) they beat London in pop by 40k people.
I have to ask how big is the city & how bad is the housing and health of the cities populace.
not badmouthing im just trying to see the perspective view of the scope of a city this populated. understanding this info i can greater get into the mindset of the mc.

happy Thanksgiving Rinari hope you have good day

5 Likes

Happy (late) Thanksgiving @Takashi_Shin and everyone! :slight_smile: :heart:

9 Likes

Will there be a public alpha/beta test for the new chapters?

The public demo will be updated with new chapters up until a certain point. :slight_smile: And I will be hosting a closed beta here on the forums when the alpha build is complete!

26 Likes

I going cry !!:joy:

3 Likes