Shepherds of Haven (WIP) (DEMO UPDATE: 3 Aug 2021)

I like that a lot! (I hope you’re having a good day too!) Is soft-hearted vs. stone-hearted too many hearts alongside the aforementioned “lion-hearted” though?

It might be a bit repetitive but I think it sticks out so it might be good to pull some attention.

1 Like

Soft-hearted vs. cold-blooded? Tender-hearted vs. iron-fisted? Steel heart vs. bleeding heart? Empathetic vs. armored?..

4 Likes

I like this one :laughing:

1 Like

I like this one the most

4 Likes

Blade vs Trouble?

4 Likes

Freddie vs Jason

2 Likes

you know I way hate inquisition so much family ancetors passed down a lot of thing we live of code of honor and respect to all people but we are bunch ,mercs and pirates so we weren’t the good guys but we care about people we love no matter how they were but Inquisition on other hand never show no mercy and no respect for people how they are so I don’t like those kind of people and if they try to hurt ayla I we gladly break every single bone in their body so that my feelings on the inquisition and that why gave my blood boiling so you did good job on getting me angry on one group thank you Rinari make what to break all there faces

1 Like

Batman vs Joker

2 Likes

neither its like a cat and mouse but if batman finally killed joker

1 Like

I love that, haha

I’ve put Tender Heart vs. Iron Fist for now, but it will most likely change depending on my mood! :slight_smile: I haven’t quite found “it” yet, I think! Thanks for the suggestions so far, everyone! :grin:

Thank you, @Takashi_Shin! I’m happy that you feel so strongly about it and that you like the story so much! (Imagine if there was a romance option that was also an Inquisitor, lol!)

2 Likes

gods you put that in my head Inquisitor romance it hurt way did you this :tired_face: but now got Ayla in my head in this story so not going for romance of people think killing that kill kids that have magic so he or she are not taking me to the dark side so have good :wink::chess_pawn: and check mat

1 Like

Hello, yes, the demo link has actually been updated.

(Not gonna bother trying to preserve the click count anymore since it resets every time I edit the OP!)

Since the game is technically on hiatus, there hasn’t been any story content added to where we last left off. (However, Trouble, Tallys, and Blade’s existing dayoff scenes have changed significantly.) Here are some other shiny things that have been added since last time:

• Changed the weapons system slightly to make leveling up the weapon skill more related to strength training or buying upgraded weapons than training with NPCs.
  • Changed the MC’s starting gun to a one-shot pistol.
  • Changed the magic system: players can now choose what kind of Mage they think they would have been before the Castigation (there are 9 main schools of magic to choose from). This will affect new invisible magic stats: psionic magic, astral magic, and arcane magic, which will help add diversity to spell-casting and stat checks but keep the options believably concise.
  • Added another scene where you can be a dick to Chandry.
  • Added a potential pet for a recruited Caine.
  • Added a command activity in the day off hub in case the MC ever becomes Commander.
  • Tweaked the day off system with *gosub to refine the system and prevent events from accidentally appearing as selectable for repeated use (excluding shopping).
  • Added new names and aliases to appear in the stat screen.
  • Added a legendary tier to the weapons system.
  • Moved the inventory to a separate screen from the stats and made it look much more organized and aesthetic.
  • Moved the glossary to the codex.
  • Added a dynamic character guide to track major characters (it can even change depending on what happens in the game).
  • Added scar and tattoos to character customization.
  • Added a new game+ mode.
  • New stat names! New stat hints! New chapter headers! New everything headers!

Note: this is technically a new link, so unfortunately any saves from the old one will not be accessible. Sorry for the inconvenience!

33 Likes

Aw yisssss

If it’s not too much of a bother, what are the schools of magic and can you explain them a bit?

2 Likes

have you play dragon age

1 Like

What is dragon age? People keep talking about it.

2 Likes

Of course! I actually laid out all of the schools of magic in this neat little post on Tumblr: :3

If you have any more questions about it, please let me know, I’ll be happy to answer! And in case anyone is curious, battle magic, healing, and elemental magic fall under astral magic, conjuring, binding, and transformative magic fall under arcane magic, and divination, enchantment, and healing fall under psionic magic. These are invisible stats that you don’t really need to worry about too much, but how it works is that a battle mage (someone who uses primarily astral-type magic) is more likely to be good at the other schools that fall under the same type (healing or elemental), though this isn’t at all a guarantee. They all just have certain affinities with each other!

Many times! Dragon Age: Origins is my favorite game and I’m embarrassed to say I know way too much about it and the other games in the Dragon Age series. Dragon Age is how I model the social element of Shepherds of Haven!

Dragon Age is probably one of the most popular western RPG video game series, along with Elder Scrolls and the Witcher. It’s a franchise made by Bioware, the same developers of Mass Effect and Knights of the Old Republic, and the first one (Dragon Age: Origins) takes heavy cues from Baldur’s Gate–another extremely popular RPG (though much older). I’d recommend it to anyone who loves fantasy and choice-driven games! :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Nooooo I’ve 6 hours more of work before I can replay this gem :sob:
And whoa, I never knew the click count resets each time the OP is updated :open_mouth: is that supposed to happen?

2 Likes

Thank you! I’m just wondering, is there a Healer among the Shepherds?

Also, was the MC on their own after the demon attack on their birthday or did someone take them in? Did someone teach them how to use their choice of weapon or did they learn on their own? Or are all those left for the readers to headcanon?

1 Like

The “cleverest luminary” new game+ option raises charisma instead of intelligence.

1 Like