Seven days in purgatory (2020 Sept 5th, Chapters 3/7) (ko-fi open: Jan 6)

Another theory:

What if the coma lasted for way longer than the spouse tells us? Like it’s been years intead of seven weeks.

Or maybe I’m overthinking it, and the dark side of the story will be displayed in a way that hasn’t been shown to us yet, apart from the dreams.

29 Likes

I also hope the age was fake too, out of my stupid young ass.

11 Likes

i think the body and mind of the MC would habe deteriorated a lot more if it had been years :thinking: it would probably have messed with their fine motor skills enough that they wouldn’t be able to chop vegetables with that much ease, but i’m also not a medical proffessional :sweat_smile: but i think you might be right that it’s been longer :thinking:

35 Likes

Mmh, true.

Also, we’re in a house in Finland, right? We were not in a hospital when we woke up? (That’s what I thought when the MC woke up)

Sounds a bit fishy. No doctor (or nurse, besides the MC) present, at all?

Oh, I hope I’m wrong but, remember the question of how they met is dodged by the spouse?

Then they say something about irony. Now remember the MC’s job? Nurse in a prison, or something like this, isn’t it? I hope (for the MC’ sake) they met as two professionals, not the spouse as a criminal.

Argh. I can’t seem to stop thinking about the story, instead of cleaning the flat… I’ll stop for now.

40 Likes

It’s okay, he’s fine! I could never do that. You’ll find out what happened to him.

To be honest, I didn’t want to add nb because of the hassel of extra code. But I recently found out about the wonderful multi-replace function, so I might get around to adding it.
//
I must say, I love reading all your theories and speculations. Chapter titles also provide hints. And I do hope the truth doesn’t turn you all off. And that you are all warned sufficiently that this is a dark story.

30 Likes

I mean I don’t usually get attached to characters this fast but our spouse sweetness and loving manner is doing me in; like I feel they’ll do anything for the mc(kinda curious of to which limit). I mean I’m still kinda wary of him cause something’s telling me that some really messed up things going to happen or something like our spouse is a serial killer, hahaha…

24 Likes

Why would they lie though? I cant think of a reason they would :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Oh, this may sound like an odd question, but can those who played the demo tell me what herbs and vegetables you picked? 'Cause if anyone picked nothing but the mint, the narrative might’ve been choppy. I need to fix that…

3 Likes

I took 3 from both batches.

1 Like

I chose parsley and onions. The onions have been refered to as “extra vegetables” I think. No issue on my end.

2 Likes

This means that we can go even more crazy with our theories, right? :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously, keep up the good work. I haven’t felt hype for such a game for a long time :slight_smile:

Edit: as a French person, I must say that the titles of the last two chapters are giving me bad vibes… I want to know what happens next!

8 Likes

fish in tanks, cadaver, and livestock comments got me like :thinking::thinking::thinking: that place is basically off grid with enough food and own source of energy :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:
The spouse would pass as normal if you didn’t write “Your spouse won’t let you leave” I would not suspect a thing!
I just googled the chapter titles and :eyes::eyes::eyes: interesting

21 Likes

…I took everything, everything I could take, something left because of the limitation of the tools.

4 Likes

This. Super cool demo. Can’t wait for more.

3 Likes

Bring it on. I’m a sucker of angst. I’m tough and brave. I’ll dive in your story head first, what can I say, I’ve already get attached to it, the quit option in my system had been deleted.

21 Likes

you want a clue ?

lol me? this line set my alarm off :stuck_out_tongue:

“That damn bastard, it worked,” she mutters. Apparently happy with the results,
So I’m like…wait what ? we are a clone of a dead wife maybe? hum…no . Maybe?
Although I’ll be honest, the title is more nagging then any clue we have .

That title just…tug at a memory . A movie I saw a long time ago, and I’m wondering if this is a reverse situation or something of that movie lol .

Summary

The movie is…well I saw it a long time ago . Like when I was a kid, so ages ago .
I don’t remember all the details, but I remember the last part of it . A guy lost his wife, and someone gave him a magic coin . They told him that with the coin they can see their wife again . Homewhever dont recall how, but he does either dream of her alive and well…or get sent into a past where she was alive . Anyway, as soon as he see her, he is happy…he is overjoyed . And she ask him something silly…

next thing you know, he pat himself for a lighter maybe ? and find the coin . which send him back to reality which was hell . The coin dissapear of course . And he die on the spot in agony at the loss again .

7 days in purgatory could mean anything . we are an experiment . we are a clone . we are in hell . we are dreaming . we are living in Hightech simulation . we are in a nightmare .

could also be like that episode from that Teevee show I dont remember the name…out of the zone or something? lol

where this guy keep dreaming this guy trying to shoot him in the heart . He work as the pool cleaner and this guy show up with a gun and shoot him in the heatr, and he wake up . And it keep happening , over and over . He start investigating why its happening, and it turn out the lady he was flirting with was the shooter wife . So the husband is there to shoot him . The great reveal was in the end, it show he stuck in a machine, in a futur where convict who commited a crime live what they did . The guy killed the husband when he found him with his wife, and he is living what he did .

anyway that’s all I got, I’m afraid :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

The author said this, so…

But clone is literally under technology stereotype, so maybe…?:crazy_face:

Edit: oh well, sci-fi or low-fantasy, I just missed the bolded content. Sad.

6 Likes

doesnt matter…everything in the demo is HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS!!!

Every Line! every word! every comma!

Do you get it ? Tha Truthhhhhh isn’t in there!

yet…

:smirk:

12 Likes

Richard Moore(Mōri Kogorō) arriving.

1 Like

I am not sure if what below is supposed to happen, but the screenshots show that there are people talking to the MC as both genders, you will understand what I mean. I was using a male Mc.

1 Like