Seven days in purgatory (2020 Sept 5th, Chapters 3/7) (ko-fi open: Jan 6)

Just stumbled across this WIP and WOW. I’m in love. Ditto to what microwafe said. I will be keeping a very close eye on this! Excited to see what comes next!

5 Likes

I’m happy I’m not the only one that thought of Gluskin the moment the spouse called us darling.

8 Likes

ooooooo i really love this so far!! i did a first play through trusting (and loving!) my wife while also being like… this is gonna HURT later, babe. i’m doing a non-trusting one right now and i cannot waiiiiiit to see where this goes. i’m so ready for all the fun domestic sweet stuff to get even creepier. this is such a fun and cool concept.

10 Likes

An absolute gem, love to see where it goes. The setting and tense atmosphere especially, you know something isn’t right.

8 Likes

“Watch it, I’m armed,” you grouse, flipping the knife in your hand. It does feel comfortable in your grasp, and you quickly put them to use with practiced ease. On the vegetables, of course. Not your wife.

This was pretty early on and I’m betting this is just a red herring but a part of me believes BOTH the mc and the spouse aren’t right in the head.

The creature tsks, “Fine, you got me. The bear in your house is currently tame and uninclined to endanger you. The wolves outside your house are, probably, far away and nothing to be concerned with at the moment. But as I said, estimations change with new given data… some of which you’ll contribute with your own actions.”

There are clues everywhere that the spouse aren’t what they seem to be and the mc seems to be aware of this.

I’m still half convinced the protagonist themselves also have something to hide and it’s just that the current circumstances have left them vulnerable. B̶u̶t̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶I̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶,̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶n̶’̶t̶ ̶a̶c̶t̶u̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶i̶s̶h̶e̶d̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶r̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶t̶y̶l̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶o̶m̶i̶n̶o̶u̶s̶ ̶a̶f̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶’̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶l̶p̶ ̶w̶r̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶c̶u̶s̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶u̶m̶s̶ ̶l̶m̶a̶o̶

The blood vows doesn’t seem surprising at all but it’s still a bit weird, I’ve tried pigs blood and offal dish called pork blood stew before and it was pretty good, a bit spicy for my taste but very savory.

Judging from the way the spouse reacts to the protagonist’s receptive reactions it can be established that the protagonist is also on the same level of weird as the spouse before the events of the story started assuming the spouse is even telling the truth.

The bird metaphors are ridiculously big and flashy, more like billboards instead of just flashes of red light warnings it’s so obvious that I’m beginning to think it’s all just red herring lmao

I’m really interested in the side of the protagonist a lot more than the spouse’ red flags because I’m convinced that the protagonist is just as off as the spouse.

Buuut it could just be us the player being suspicious af the moment we came across the tags and started eyeing everything suspiciously. We are after all good at pattern recognition and what better way to use that ability than form ridiculous conspiracy theories that’ll further our very own confirmation biases lmao

19 Likes

I feel like my brain is melting and that I’m suffocating on air whenever I read this project, and I say that with complete adoration.

21 Likes

Thank you for putting it in words , I feel exactly the same. Even then , I keep coming back every month hoping for an update.

9 Likes

I feel like our spouse killed the person that liked us after we had dinner with them

4 Likes

I read this in the middle of the night and I’m very unsettled, I usually don’t get creeped out with just reading texts on the screen but now you got me feeling uncomfortable (in a delicious way) with your incredible writing.

Also the scene with the homophobic parents (If you play as a queer MC) really brought back some memories… whew child… that shocked me. I really didn’t expect that, it made it really personal for me as someone who has gone through a somewhat similar situation.

Anyways this was amazing. I was much more immersed than I usually would be when reading through these WIPs. I’m so excited to see more.

4 Likes

who knows - I mean our protagonist’s real spouse could’ve been killed by that person in the correctional facility and may have been posing as our spouse this entire time lmao

Who knows at this point in the story, all we know is that something’s not right and this peaceful and weirdly wholesome environment could be a facade that could break at any given moment or maybe not

5 Likes

I love how this is written! The flow and pace is gorgeous :smiling_face: And while it’s quite eerie, it’s done so well that I am enjoying it despite not being my usual cup of tea.

I’m still reading it, but I found a possible error:

“Try not to get too aroused if you don’t want it to get stuck,” James smirks. “This isn’t a sound.”

When the spouse pulls out the catheter, there is a reference to a sex act. Now, I had to google this, so I could be very wrong, but it seems to be commonly used on the male anatomy, not the female? And the game implied that I played a cis woman character when I chose woman, so I assume that this reference might be a mistake for characters such as mine? The whole thing sort of confused me reading it with the female anatomy in mind… but, ehm, I could be mistaken.

Sorry for the weird nitpicking :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

But the real question is: will we be able to see Hannibal later in the story? Also, this story reminds me of Misery by Stephen King which is my favorite horror book. Sorry for rambling on I just really think this story is super good so far so keep up the good work!

8 Likes
Hiding this for sexy talk - just in case

So, sounding can be done to anyone with a urethra. There are some differences in the way it’s done, since the length of the urethral tract is different based on what anatomy you have, but it’s still totally possible. I don’t think it’s a mistake, it’s just that particular kink is more associated with being used with a certain type of anatomy than another.

11 Likes

Really immersive story so far! Like I can’t fully explain it, but there were moments were I felt as if I was in some sort of A24 thriller movie.

Overall, I’m really excited on how its going to pan out, nice work! :heart:

6 Likes

I’m still as obsessed with this story as I was when it was first posted! The need to knoooooow is strong. I can’t wait to read more of it. I hope the author is okay! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Keep coming back to this WIP hoping it’s been updated. Definitely looking forward to more! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I just came across this wip and its so damn goodd. I’m pretty sure our spouse has some mental disorder. There’s a few red flags here and there. I have a theory that

when they talked about the bird, i can’t help wondering if the bird was actually us. The MC had a few nightmares and i’d think perhaps its because of some childhood trauma or abuse leading up to our teen years and thats how we met our spouse who saved us from the abuse. And then one day we found out something about them and decided to leave them and im guessing it led to the car crash. I could tell he’s somewhat possessive about the mc (when they were talking about the prisoner & mc asked if they’re jealous) That re-enactment with the blood vow was also very disturbing. But i’m enjoying it so far. Our spouse treats us well at the moment and maybe its weird but perhaps i would not want to know the truth. Life at the present moment seems good and i’d fear losing all that but let’s just see how the story goes.

Thank you so much @Sel_Lee for this masterpiece. Looking forward to the next parts. Keep up the good work!!

8 Likes

This thread must be tired of hearing how lovable the spouse is, but I’ll echo it again. Anthony/Abigail is adorbs!

I have a thing for obsessive lovers, and the moment I read the word ‘possessive’ during that bird incident recollection, I dropped my phone and was like, “Yep. He’s the one.”

10/10 would drink spouse blood again.

Caught a typo

35 Likes

A really interesting premise and written well, too. The pacing is great, very suspenseful! Will be looking forward to any future updates😊

5 Likes

This creeped me out, there’d something fishy here…

9 Likes