Separate scenes for every choice?

Are there separate scenes for every choice in a game like this? So if I have:

Your Majesty, the barbarians are headed this way. What do you want to do with our weary band of soldiers?
*choice
#We can use tactics.
Use tactics to drive the enemy away.
*choice
#Hide in the bushes, we’ll launch a suprise attack.
Your band of ten soldiers hides in the bushes along the road, waiting for the rest of them to come along.
*finish
#Flee down the road, we don’t have the strength!
Your soldiers and yourself run down the road, away from the incoming barbarians on the road.
*finish

I would have to put a goto_scene [scene name whatever] in-between the *finish choices or…? I wish I had someone experienced just sitting next to me about this stuff lol.

Thanks for any answers. (Also I don’t know how to put stuff into a code box)

you don’t need goto scene each choice at all. And if you use fake_choice command you don’t need use goto label either. Not to be rude, but this is the most basic stuff in all the tutorials please, read them first and then asking your doubts. This way you will learn faster.

Okay, thanks. I didn’t see anything about those but I will go look again. I just prefer to practice instead of read it, since it doesn’t make much sense to me reading it.

Edit: Never mind I guess, I didn’t want fake choices, I wanted to know how to get each choice to matter, so I guess it’s a matter of writing out the whole story for each choice. Thanks.

No, people just always get confused by the name. Fake_choice doesn’t make choices fake at all, it’s just a name that sounds badly. The only difference with normal command is that you don’t need specify each option a goto . Imagine a scene were you fight with different weapons , but after all differences you want to continue all in the victory scene with fake choice you just end the different branches and continue normally without put further labels and that.
Also you won’t learn how to code without read it and headaches, If you don’t want do that stop trying.

Right, that’s what I don’t want. I want each scene to have a different outcome ending on a third scene with different outcomes. I don’t want them all to merge into one end. 3 straight branches, not touching, if that makes sense. But those 3 branches start with 3 choices or whatnot, and then those choices have choices that lead to a different ending as well on the third script page, or a death page at the least I suppose. I’m sorry if I’m being utterly retarded about it, I’m just not having it click in my head right apparently.

Like right now I have:
Your Majesty, the barbarians are headed this way. What do you want to do with our weary band of soldiers?
*choice
#We can use tactics.
*choice
Your band of ten soldiers hides in the bushes along the road, waiting for the rest of them to come along.
*finish
*goto_scene bushes
Your soldiers and yourself run down the road, away from the incoming barbarians on the road.
*finish
*goto_scene flee

And then in bushes I have:

The ten soldiers you have with you, without horses of course, since the village was razed as you got there, jump into the thicket at your command. They immediately hide behind trees and bushes, as you yourself get into the forest as well, and hide behind a large tree.

The barbarians come strolling down the road, yelling and laughing. They make themselves extremely visible. You look at the leader of the Royal Guard who is hiding behind a bush in front of you, and he nods.

*choice
#Do you…
*choice
#Wait a few moments longer?
The squad of troops is ready to pounce at any moment all over these troublemakers.
*finish
#Launch the attack!
Your troops jump out of the forest and rush the enemy, catching them by surprise and slaughtering them all.
*finish

I read the tutorial, we can move away from that topic now.

I figure it’s a really roundabout way of doing it but it’s my first time so lol.

You will learn eventually. I suffered several headaches when I was learning about Cs. But an advice, if you want to make a game with more than 10,000 words you couldn’t separate choices forever, It’s too much branches too take care. There are other commands that track variables and decisions without needing of separate each minor point. Nobody does that way. But for learning the basics you are doing better than me at first. Just take a look to code tutorials here.

Okay, I understand now that I’ve been fiddling with it more. It would take a lot of work to do that.

A question though, is each scene a “chapter” then?

Also, to put a lot of text into each scene, I have this so far:

*choice
#We can use tactics.
*choice
*page_break
Your soldiers immediately jump into the bushes on the sides of the road, ready to defend their king if need be. You hear the sound of the barbarians coming closer. You look at your highest ranking sergeant and nod. He nods back, waiting for your command.

You look around for any other soldiers, unsheathing your sword from your belt. This is one fight you can’t afford to stay out of, and you’ve had military training and looked on the military training as well, so you know how to fight.
*choice
#We can use force.
We can use our swords and shields and bows, immediately.
*choice
#Stand and fight, men!
Your army stands in a 2x5 rectangle, ready to block the road for the oncoming invaders. With this command, nobody pulls their shields out, for they are holding their swords with two hands for greater effectiveness.

But I’m not sure where to go from there because it gives me a “expected 0 indents on line 25, got 3” error but from what I can tell that’s correct…?

There would end up being hundreds or even thousands of chapters per gamebook if we had to make one for each choice, haha.